Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How busy are you ?

Posted by Jim Hammill 
How busy are you ?
January 07, 2004 03:36AM
<HTML>Ok , I have enough snow outside my front door ...as this is usually called the quietest time of year , just wondered what everyone is doing to keep busy . How mnay of you keep as busy during the winter as you do during the summer, what percentage drop (approx) do you see in the amount of work you get, and what advertising/marketing do you do to increase business ?

Jim.</HTML>
Re: How busy are you ?
January 07, 2004 12:19PM
<HTML>Jim:

Right now as I write this it's 18 degrees here in NJ. So I can relate to what you're going through.

To stay busy, I go to the high-end dealer in Pennsylvania or do body shop work. I'll write about the BMW I'm doing now from the body shop in another post. It's quite disgusting.

Like Frank Canna stated earlier, for us who know things will slow due to weather, I know this in advance and plan/save for it. It's a part of knowing and doing business in a seasonal state.

For me, I'll detail a car in weather above 40 degrees. Can be a bit cold but once you get moving, things warm up.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 07, 2004 12:36PM
<HTML>to tell the truth winter is my busiest time of the year we r @ a fix location and hand wash plus detail cars. detailing fell of some but with snow comes salt and our wash bay stay backed up with three to four cars most of the day here in ohio!</HTML>
January 07, 2004 12:50PM
<HTML>During the winter (Jan. & Feb.) I spend about 20% of my time detailing and 80% marketing my services for the coming spring and summer.

During the season (Mar. thru Dec.) I spend about 80% of my time detailing and 20% marketing my services.</HTML>

January 08, 2004 03:11AM
<HTML> I moved to sunny Los Angeles.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
January 08, 2004 04:08AM
<HTML>Jim:

We are in Arizona and loving it. Its 60 to 70 here and its a nice break from the summer here which gets up to 115, man I drink 2 gallons of water (+) a day then. But anyway we are very busy year round here. Love the snow, send some here for us.

THANK YOU
TONY R.</HTML>
January 09, 2004 03:42AM
<HTML>Thanks for your replies everyone, much appreciated .

Jim.</HTML>
January 09, 2004 11:16AM
<HTML>Tony, what part of AZ? I myself am from Phoenix area. (Peoria)</HTML>
January 10, 2004 03:20AM
<HTML>Solo Con:

We are based out of Scottsdale, nice to meet you, great weather for detailing isn't it?

THANKS
TONY R.</HTML>
January 10, 2004 10:16AM
<HTML>O ya, perfect waether!!! Out of Scottsdale. Nice. One day, (no time soon) I wish to be out that way. Working on getting everything up and going first then hope to start on the west valley. How are things out that way?</HTML>
January 10, 2004 12:12PM
<HTML>Well aren't you lucky living in Scottsdale! hehe Right now as I write this, it's 2 degrees out.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 11, 2004 05:19AM
<HTML>Winter time? What is that? Spent some time riding my motorcycle.
It's (grammar school) rain that keeps me down. To use my time when it is raining I watch TV. Or come here and read about Cole County detailing.</HTML>
January 11, 2004 05:44AM
<HTML>HMMMMN......

INTERESTING COMMENT THAT PHIL MADE, I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT HIM !

I WONDER IF HE HAS VISITED MY WEB-SITE LATELY? MAYBEE THE GUESTBOOK PAGE ? HMMMMNNN.........

MAYBEE HE WILL LET ME KNOW IF HE DID, I WONDER ?...........

WHATS UP PHIL ? BEEN TO MY SITE LATELY ?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
January 11, 2004 05:53AM
<HTML>It was sunny and 20 here today ( Indy). Not the greatest detailing wheather so all my equipment is winterized and in storage till spring.
So to keep busy I do marketing and work other areas of my biz. like interior repair, paint touch-up, or windshield repair.
Also with a new daughter I have had my hands full this winter.</HTML>

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...
January 15, 2004 04:49AM
<HTML>No Mr Coles, I did not mess with your website. Not my style. My style is (in my opinion) humor. I wish, for the record, you would stop being so damned dramatic about it all.

I just read about the whacky temps around the country and my heart sinks. I have no idea what 20 below feels likes. Damn, I get cold at 40 f. I sure hope it warms up soon enough for you guys up there. In the meantime, come on down! We'll go fishing and have a coke.</HTML>
January 15, 2004 05:24AM
<HTML>Phil,
Count me in on the fishing part but a coke? I'm ready for a hot sunny beach and a tropical drink with an umbrella in it after all this cold wheather.</HTML>

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...
January 15, 2004 05:53AM
<HTML>YEAH RIGHT PHIL,

"not your style"

thats exactly your style !

why a block on your email ? afraid to hear what i might say to you personally? just curious !

after YOUR personal comments to ME in YOUR EMAIL to me stating: I QUOTE YOUR WORDS:

" tear off your head" and " if you continue to poke your dirty fingers in my cage, you will get one bit off" EMAIL POSTED 12-17-03 8:05AM

this is your style PHIL !

YOUR ON TOP OF MY LIST, BUDDIE !

another JOKE (kinda), HA HA !

try to keep your sense of humor, ITS ( your style) right ? WRONG ?

see you later, soon! MAYBEE THIS WEEKEND !</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
January 15, 2004 02:00PM
<HTML>Hey guys up here in igloo land (Canada) Toronto, it's a -21c. With a windchill warning of -32c. I don't think you'll see me out washing cars today.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login