Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yellow car detailing

Posted by Jim Haley 
Yellow car detailing
January 09, 2004 05:25PM
<HTML>Yellow cars seem to be magnets for bugs. I am having a hard time removing I guess dropping from the bugs themselves, etc. Has anyone else experenced this problem. Any solutions?</HTML>
Re: Yellow car detailing
January 09, 2004 08:45PM
<HTML>My cav is yellow and it DOES seem to attract a lot of bugs (especially in the morning), the little b@stards are sitting everywhere. But the only place I have an issue with them sticking is the front end when they have a highspeed encounter with a chevy...even then as long as I keep a good coat of wax or sealant on the car, they come off easy enough with a wash.</HTML>

-ghost of a past detailer
January 09, 2004 08:59PM
<HTML>I'm sure a bug deflector on your cavalier would be a chick magnet... Bwahahaha</HTML>
January 09, 2004 09:18PM
<HTML>Robert, you have issues... LOL</HTML>

January 10, 2004 04:49AM
<HTML>If it does'nt wash off with soap and water I use clay to remove bug splatter and other stuburn residue. I have also heard but not used a product called "Bug Off" that is supposed to give good results.</HTML>

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...
January 12, 2004 12:38AM
<HTML>I am affraid it is not bug splatter. There is "dots" left all over the car that are hard to remove. Any suggestions?</HTML>
January 12, 2004 01:42AM
<HTML>Use clay, then go with Meguiars DACP (double action cleaner polish) #83 Worked great on my car.</HTML>

January 12, 2004 03:40AM
<HTML>Jim Haley:

About the insects; insect residue or etching:

If the residue is the insects themselves then take a chemical formulated for insect residue remover and mix it accordingly and dip a teflon net covered sponge in the product and scrub the front end. Should remove every trace of the insect residue.

If the spots you refer to do not come off it could be etching. That is the acid in the insect has "eaten into (etched) the clear coat. If this is the case the best you might be able to do is buff the area with a compound and cutting pad to reduce the visibilty.

If neither of these are the problem or solution let us know more.

REgards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login