Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHY ARE WE HERE

Posted by NEW AGAIN 
WHY ARE WE HERE
January 10, 2004 03:01AM
<HTML>Fisrt please excuse me if I offend anyone THATS MY INTENTION stop the back stabbing here and stop it DAM IT KNOW I have learn to respect alot of you gentlemen and women here on this forum but at times it seems that everyone is always trying to one up on each other and chasing away GOOD PEOPLE from this forum that can help us better ourshelves in our business or personal vehicles AND I FOR ONE NEED THAT HELP 5 years I have been on my own supporting my family and bettering my business KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS and I want MORE MUCH MORE but we can't if we don't have RESPECT FOR EACH. PM the means personal message UNDERSTAND</HTML>

Re: WHY ARE WE HERE
January 10, 2004 04:32AM
<HTML>Best post I've read tonight...</HTML>

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...
January 10, 2004 05:13PM
<HTML>I agree but unfortunately I don't think you can change the nature of the beast, it's been tried repeatedly without sucess. Many people are here because other forums have banned them and this forum appears nearly endless in tolerance for such posting. I am NOT referring to ANYONE as I don't know who has or has not been banned elsewhere and it's none of my business. That said I'd love to see it change too but until then, I'll spend most my time elsewhere.

Frank, love your sig!</HTML>
January 10, 2004 06:04PM
<HTML>This was the first forum I found and one of the only ones I'll use. I also frequent MobileWork's forum.

I tried Detail City and most of you know my feelings toward that forum. So far, the one's who have been banned from Detail City are:

Me
Bud Abraham
Robert Regan

What do we have in common? We are pros and use professional products. God forbid you recommend using a "professional" product on DC and say where you can buy it at.

All my respect to Web Cars! and Mobile Works.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 11, 2004 05:49AM
<HTML>I like this forum and most of the people on it. I have learned tons! I have been ticked off a time or two but I got over it. I have ticked off a time or two and don't care if they got over it or not. I have found killer products and killer advice WITHOUT having to sort through loads of crap to do so.
Hell, I even have gramar class here!
I did not understand Franks post anyway. My personality can not be transmitted through email nor can my feelings really be hurt nor my business destroyed unless I give you the power to do these things and then....well then no forum is safe.</HTML>
January 11, 2004 01:52PM
<HTML>Thank you 'New Again" for a great and most needed post!!!!!! Everything you said was 100% true. Sadly, as Robert said this has been an off and on problem on this site for a long period of time. I have learned that the best thing to do is "hang in there" and most of the time the trouble causers will eventually go away and that those who got fed up and left will return. I received a personal e-mail yesterday from one of the true professionals on this site, one of the most helpful to all of us.....sadly letting me know that he was leaving this site for exactly the reasons you brought out. Another left several months ago and recently returned for a short time but I understand that he too is already fed up with the BS and will spend his time elsewhere. The best way that I and others have found to rid the site of the trouble makers is to bombard them with "personal" e-mails reference their bad behavior and ignoring every post they start. Even the worst seem to eventually get the hint. They know who they are!!!!! It is okay to disagree and to debate products and techniques......a learning process for all......BUT this can be done in a mature and polite manner!!!! I do not believe it is necessary to make a fool of oneself by mistreating others. Most issues can be simply resolved with a few personal e-mails and/or phone calls. Using this site to battle out these issues is counterproductive and unfair to those trying to learn and better themselves in all facets of this business. Anyway, just my thoughts and hopefully those who really care about this site and its purpose will stick around........."The rain will pass and a sunny days will soon return". It should be interesting to see the replys to this thread smiling smiley)))) Take care and Happy Detailing to all. Ron</HTML>
January 11, 2004 03:31PM
<HTML>Anyone else notice the full moon the last couple of days ?

Jim.</HTML>
January 12, 2004 01:23PM
<HTML>Ahhh, Thats the answer!!!! I had failed to notice because of the clouds, rain and snow but thought I heard the wolves howling. Things should be improving and back to normal soon. What a relief!!!!!</HTML>
January 13, 2004 05:52AM
<HTML>AHH-OOOOOO! Werewolves of London, again!!!

When I first read the subject line, I thought it was a philisophical/religious post..you know...the BIG question.

But, alas, Poor Eurik, it is not to be. The question being whether it is nobler to bear the slanderous posts derived from the minds of meddling, mundane minions so we can muddle through to the enlightenment of truly wise and helpful keepers of the flame. Those grand knights of the detailing round table who in their shining armour (and, yes, they really do know how to make it shine!!) who so freely give us their time and give of themselves so that us absolute beginners, struggling to learn the trade can be uplifted and made better for seeking their wise counsel.

I say, ignore the ignorance of those who post falsities. It is not worth reacting in haste to such foolishness. I will continue my quest for excellence and continue to come here to learn and be greatful for this wonderful respite from the wrath that must be endured at other dreadful places. I have been on the crusades and have yet to find a more kind oasis than this one.

Thanks one and all. I am greatful. I learn from every post I read here. I learn about perfecting my detailing skills, and, more importantly, I learn about the nature of doing business and how to improve myself and grow my business. I even learn about human nature and how to apply what I learn to my business. Even from the negative and controversial posts. So, since we can all take things in and learn from this experience, I guess there really is nothing negative on this forum. Strong opinions, yes. False impressions; absolutely. But nothing so negative that we shouldn't be able to recognize it, ignore it and move on with why we are all here...to learn from each other, to teach each other and better ourselves, in turn making the world a better place.</HTML>
January 13, 2004 12:44PM
<HTML>I am not a professional but this is the first detailing site I found and the only one I value. This forum has character and will survive the controversies.
A rule I find useful (that I apply to myself) is: Never post in anger.
There has been many times I was tempted to chime in but held back only to get some perspective.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login