Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Search Engine Key Words for Detailing Websites

Posted by Frank Canna 
<HTML>What are some of the more common key words [meta tags] that you use for your own detailing website?

Asked another way; what search words and phrases do you think most visitors will use when searching for your detailing website?</HTML>

Re: Search Engine Key Words for Detailing Websites
January 13, 2004 09:10PM
<HTML>A good place to start is here:

[inventory.overture.com]

Enter a word or phrase you would search for and the results will come back with the exact phrase and similar phrases AND how many hits that particular word or phrase has had in the last month.

For Example:

Car Detailing = 5728 searches
Car Detailing Shop = 56 searches

Big Difference in one word. Of course the more words you add the more selective the limited the results would be.

Again another example in proper wording (less isn't always more):

Best Car Wax = 806 searches
Best Wax = 55 searches</HTML>

David
January 13, 2004 11:04PM
<HTML>Frank:

Looks like you got me beat by one spot on Google.

Type in boat detailing, NJ. You're number 1 and I'm 2.

Auto Detailing, NJ I come up 3rd.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 14, 2004 01:58AM
<HTML>If you wanted to be real sneaky ..put your competitors names in your meta tags.

Sounds terribly unethical , but it happens an awful lot .

Jim.</HTML>
January 14, 2004 05:42AM
<HTML>also... car detail is NOT the same as car detailing. I am sureyou get the point!</HTML>
<HTML>What search 'words and phrases' do you think most visitors will use when searching for your detailing website?</HTML>

January 14, 2004 01:35PM
<HTML>Frank.

If they are searching fro your busines then I would think they would just enter your business name . If just searching for a detailer in the area then I would think phrases such as " Williamstown Detailers " "Williamstown Detail Shops" "Williamstown Auto Detailers " etc.

Also, to see what other people are using as words and phrases people are putting in their meta tags, visit thier site, right click and select view source, this will show you the html code for that page, then look to see what key words they are using in the meta tags.

Jim.</HTML>
<HTML>Brian, if you get a chance try this:
1- Go to Google
2- Do a search for 'boat detailing'
3- click... I'm Feeling Lucky
Let me know what you find.
--------------------

David, thanks so much for that cool site. It is truely amazing. I learned a lot from just plugging in a few search words. Very informative! Thanks again. --------------------

Solo Con, thanks for your insight with regard to the difference between similar key words. I certainly appreciate your input. Thanks again.
--------------------

Jim Hammill, thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions about search engine key words. Very valuable information. Thanks again.</HTML>

Re: Google Search - I'm Feeling Lucky
January 15, 2004 01:03AM
<HTML>Frank:

How did you do that? That's awesome.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

<HTML>BINGO</HTML>

Re: Google Search - I'm Feeling Lucky
January 15, 2004 01:25AM
<HTML>Shall I view source and put Mirror Finish in my META tags??? haha just kidding.

Thats really cool that you're the first. Kudos!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

<HTML>Brian,

Actually, from what understand, there are more factors involved than just key word META Tags. Top ranking also takes into consideration the number site visits. links, pass thru's and such.

My detailing site has been up top in 'boat detailing' search results for the past few years. And I really don't know why. Like I said there are a lot of different factors involved. Hey, it's okay with me.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login