Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ClearKote anyone??

Posted by eric brandenburg 
ClearKote anyone??
January 15, 2004 01:25AM
<HTML>What your flavor on this one guys it seems very pricie to me. What the hell do I know I'm just getting started. I was talking with a detailer in Ironton,Ohio who does has a Hi-End business, car and boat, who swears by this product or at least all of theirs ( Clearkote ) that is. Whats are your alls takes on this product, or is it the same old same old. Same @!#$ just Different can !????????????? Brandy!</HTML>
Re: ClearKote anyone??
January 15, 2004 01:39AM
<HTML>Interesting you should bring this up Brandy. I spoke with Jim from Crystal Guard today and he said that these hi-end sealants are for warranty programs that the dealers do and that detailers are starting to be contracted by these sealant companies, trained to apply and are paid HIGH DOLLARS to do this application. He also said that the 3 year warranty claim is for reapplication (at his cost) if the gloss fades and sealant wears off. All these sealants won't last past the 6 month lasting period.

I currently use Auto Magic's Paint Sealant but am trying Diamond Plus and Crystal Guard. All these sealants are basically the same. But to be contracted by these High-End sealant companies the payout for a full protection w/ warranty job is $399.00 .Much better than a dealer's $750, which is hidden in the car payment.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 15, 2004 04:50AM
<HTML>Brian,

ClearKote isn't a high end sealant, but rather small start-up with a full product line.

Brandy, I have heard good things about their line and know of at least one high end vehicle detailer that loves the ClearKote line.

But I have never tried it myself. The MooseWax is what I have heard the most about.</HTML>

David
January 15, 2004 05:01AM
<HTML>Am I thinking of DermaPlate? All these products with the names squeezed together...CrystalGuard, DermaPlate, ClearKote.

Anyway, took a look at www.clearkote.net. I thought Zymol was expensive!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: sales hype anyone??
January 15, 2004 03:09PM
<HTML>I'm not sure if this fits into this disscussion... but as a professional detailing business owner I am really not much for using products that consumers relate to as 'lasting for years'. To me that is just sales hype.

I would much rather use high quality products, and let my customers know up front that these products honestly only last about three to six months. Maybe that is why about 80% of my customers use my detailing services every three to six months. Rather than once every three to five years.

Just my thoughts on the subject...</HTML>

January 15, 2004 05:07PM
<HTML>ClearKote products work as promised. I have been using their line, mainly the Vanilla Moose and Carnuaba Moose, for two years now and Ihighly recommend them.

Everett Glass, ClearKote owner, is a great guy and has sent me several items not yet for sale to test out for him. His products are not expensive when you consider I can do 25+ cars with one bottle of VM.

VM gives the paint a great gloss and a fair amount of protection as a stand alone product. The beauty of VM though is that it works great as a gloss enhancer after a proper cleaning/polishing and then topped with something like P21S or Trade Secret. The Porsche on my welcome page (www.UltimateReflections.NET) was finished out with VM and P21S. Nice combo!

Any questions please ask.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
January 15, 2004 06:05PM
<HTML>i have been working at a car dealer for 21 years....in my opinion(take it for what it's worth lol)those 3 year sealant for 500 to 750 is the biggest rip i ever came across.</HTML>
January 15, 2004 10:03PM
<HTML>Clearkote is a great company and has great products as ANYTHONY has said works as promise and as PRO DETAILER thats all we WANT so 2 thumbs up and a big toe for CLEARKOTE</HTML>

January 16, 2004 12:10AM
<HTML>Nothing in the ClearKote line up is a 3 or 5 year sealant nor do they claim to be such. Just thought I would clear that up. Carry on!

Anthony</HTML>

January 16, 2004 04:08AM
<HTML>Be cautious men, have never heard of this company myself and I have been around this industry for 30 years.

Not to say the company does not have good products, but if that is the case where have they been. We all know Pro; Production; Auto Magic; Ardex; Granatize;Car Brite; DETIAL PLUS; Mark V, where are all these other professional detailing chemical companies.

By the way, I got a sample of Crystal Guard but after reading all about it I felt it was a gimmick product. The process they ask you to go through is double talk according to my chemist. Youcould put all of these additional steps into the main ingredient and put it on once.

Most of these dealer protection sealant companies are marketing companies they don't even make their own sealants or fabric protectants.

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
January 16, 2004 01:58PM
<HTML>Thanks Bud...

That's one of the most important reasons why I prefer to use Meguiar's Professional Detailing Products. Meguiar's has been in business since 1901.</HTML>

January 16, 2004 04:20PM
<HTML>Not sure how long ClearKote has been in business BUT again the proof is in the puddin. How long a business has been in business is not the barometer for how good their product or service is for every business had to have a starting point.

I am sure when Meguairs started their may have been folks who said, "Who in the hell are they?" OR "Well yeah they have some products but how long have they been in business?"

Fast forward a few years and now look at them.

Anthony</HTML>

January 16, 2004 07:16PM
<HTML>I think this thread is heading in the wrong direction.

#1 - ClearKote is a wax product not a 3-5 year wonder sealer. I think that was cleared up already.

#2 - I think ClearKotes goal is to compete with other waxes in the "retail" sales market. It obvious by looking at their website that they go to car shows and such to sell their products. They aren't (from what I can tell) trying to take over or compete with Auto Magic or something. I would bet most sales come by word of mouth.

As Bud would put it they are a "Boutique" wax. I'm sure their market isn't a high volume detail shop, but rather a product line for the consumer. His competitor is probably someone like Griots Garage. A line of products for the discerning DIY'er or part-time detailer.

I've never tried any of the products, but the site isn't set up for large volume. You basically have 2 size choices on most things Pints or Quarts.

Just my $0.02, put a dollar with it and you MIGHT be able to buy a cup of coffee.</HTML>

David
January 16, 2004 08:41PM
<HTML>30 YEARS BUD you give good advise SOMETIMES. Well your wrong about CLEARKOTE products DEAD WRONG there Hand Glaze is OUTSTANDING and there MOOSE WAX IS EXCELLENT FOLKS I URGE TO TRY THERE PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED</HTML>

January 16, 2004 11:32PM
<HTML>NEW AGAIN:

If you read my posting I did not say their products were not good. Not at all, what I was inferring is that they have not made their name known to the detailing industry community.

Agreed, that does not make their products not good, but I would ask for their credentials as a company. But as Anthony says, "the proof is in the pudding." If that is enough then that is enough. No argument there.

Although I did have a person on this forum tell me in the private posting that he likes and uses Meguiar's because they have been around since 1901, so for that person longevity seems to be the factor in determining which company he uses.

For me I want to support those companies that support the detail business by making themselves known and available to the industry. Advertising in trade magazines; attendance at trade shows, etc. This to me shows how committed a company is to an industry.

That is just my opinion but note I do not criticize the products. How can I? I have never used them.

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login