Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Software/Apps...

Posted by Solo Con 
Software/Apps...
January 19, 2004 04:43AM
<HTML>As I am in the starting stage of getting my mobile detailing business off the ground, I was looking into business software. What do you all use? To keep track of contacts, your price list, your invoicing, supplies, ect.</HTML>
Re: Software/Apps...
January 19, 2004 04:53AM
<HTML>I've never used this, but it looks pretty good:

[www.makinglifebetter.com]

The downside though is I think it's like $350!!!</HTML>

David
January 19, 2004 04:55AM
<HTML>Contacts: Outlook Express and my black book as a back up.

Price List: Microsoft Works

Invoicing: Microsoft Works

Supplies: Just keep a binder of what I ordered for tax write offs.

And Microsoft Works for everything else.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 19, 2004 07:36PM
<HTML> I like Quick Books. It keeps track of my invoices and bills due. It keeps a running inventory and many other features. It does payroll too. I love it.

John</HTML>
January 20, 2004 03:21AM
<HTML>I do it the old fashioned way; pencil and paper with a ledger book. Then again, I tend to forget to write stuff down. I woulk forget to type it in too though.</HTML>
January 20, 2004 03:46AM
<HTML>I have proprietary software that came with my Paint Bull business identification package. It's very easy to use and keeps great records. But, I can't load the info on a disc and give it to my accountant because he doesn't have the software in his system. I'm thinking of switching to Quickbooks or some other system so I can just give my accountant a disc & he can upload it to his program & do the taxes with it. I'd also like some software that will automatically take the info that you input into the records and transfer it to a database so i can track sales, profits, expenses, etc.</HTML>
January 24, 2004 04:14PM
<HTML>QUICK BOOKS PRO IS GREAT YOU ARE GOING TO PAY ALOT - 399.99 BUT IT IS WELL WORTH IT. FOR 50 BUCKS YOU CAN GO TO ANY STAPLES OR COMPUTER STORE AND PICK UP "MY ESTIMATES & INVOICES" WHICH IS PRETTY GOOD IT DOESNT DO 1/2 THE THINGS QUICK BOOKS DOES BUT IT WILL GET YOU STARTED</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
January 24, 2004 04:27PM
<HTML>Have you thought about open source software ?

It is perfectly legal and will cost you nothing . It can be found at many places on the internet and is being used by many people.

Check it out at [www.openoffice.org]

Jim</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login