Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

thank you Bud

Posted by ben smith 
thank you Bud
January 20, 2004 05:55AM
<HTML>
Just wanted to say thank you for those stats. That should get people listening. One other question, and I might have asked before, when detailers talk about polishing cars they use terms like bring shine and gloss back but also about restoring oils into the paint. What oils are they talking about? I didnt know paint had oils.

thank you</HTML>
Re: thank you Bud
January 20, 2004 07:23AM
<HTML>Ben:

Thank you, glad to help.

What you just stated is "BS" some of the talk that floats around the detail industry that has no basis in fact. Paint has no oils and does not breathe.

What you tell the listeners is that detailers do the following:

"When we work on your paint finish it involves three steps:

a. Correction of such things as scratches; oxidation; water spots; some light etching, etc.

b. Second step is removal of swirls put in from the correction step and polishing and smoothing of the paint to a high gloss

c. Third is the protection step where a long lasting paint sealant is applied to provide protection and to enhance shine.

Do you know the difference between waxes and sealants? Do you know about Teflon in paint sealants? Do you know how long a wax will last? How long a sealant will last?

What if the paint needs no correction, then what process do you use?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
January 20, 2004 10:50AM
<HTML>Do you know the difference between waxes and sealants? Do you know about Teflon in paint sealants? Do you know how long a wax will last? How long a sealant will last?

What if the paint needs no correction, then what process do you use?

Bud,

I for one do not know all these answers. How do I go about getting more info on them?</HTML>
January 23, 2004 08:51AM
<HTML>We have discussed these exact questions before somewhere on the forum.

Waxes have standard silicone fluids whereas sealants use amino functional silicone fluids which are more expensive and last longer than standard ones.

Some sealants have wax, some do not.

Teflon does nothing to enhance the shine or durability of a sealant product, nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Waxes last about 30 to 45 days in the best conditions whereas a good sealant will last about 4 to 6 months under the best conditions.

You will find more information about these things and much more in our detailing manual "Basic Guide to Developing and Operating a Successful Detailing Business."

Find it on the website www.detailplus.com and click on to Detailing Supplies & Chemicals.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login