Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

dry/wet silicones

Posted by ben smith 
dry/wet silicones
January 22, 2004 05:46AM
<HTML>

Are there wet and dry silicones? Dry being for paint sealants and wet for intetior or exterior dressings?

Please clear this confusion for me thank you</HTML>
Re: dry/wet silicones
January 22, 2004 07:01AM
<HTML>Ben;

What have you heard that would cause you to ask this question? I need to know where you are coming from before trying to answer that question.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
January 22, 2004 07:16AM
<HTML>

It is on awebsite for a detail company. He claims that a poly siloxane (or dry type silicone is used in combanation with aminos) in paint sealant products. He says that wet silicones are mixed with water or solvent for dressings. Go to google and type in autobahn detail and look under faq's

thank you</HTML>
January 22, 2004 07:21AM
<HTML>

Bud, the website is www.sonic.net/~autobahn/faqs.htm Then go to the question "what is paint sealant"</HTML>
January 22, 2004 10:47PM
<HTML> I dont know what they are talking about but I have a can of "dry" silicone made by Honda. The saleman years ago sold my sister this stuff in a spray can that is supposed to lubricate the grooves for the power windows. It claims to be "ry" silicone too.

The best I can figure about this particular stuff was that it didnt leave a wet residue but only a lubricated feeling without oilyness.

John</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login