Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lets Talk Wax

Posted by Shoe-Shine Boy 
Lets Talk Wax
January 27, 2004 03:33AM
<HTML>Anyone heard of eagle wax. It claims to have a MOHS' Hardness of 6. Check out the was at [www.eaglewax.com].

The higher up the MOHS Hardness scale the more resistant it becomes to scraches. For example a diamond is a 10 on the scale.

1. How does MOHS Hardness come into play when compairing other waxs?
2. What are your 2 favorite waxes?
3. What are you 2 favorite sealants?
4. What all are your 2 favorite waxes used for? Just shine?
5. How do you apply your waxes and sealants to get the best results?</HTML>
Re: Lets Talk Wax
January 27, 2004 03:53AM
<HTML>1/ Never heard of it .
2.Only have one, Flash Wax from Malco
3. Diamond Plus from Detail Plus, and trying Weathershield from Car Brite ( got one bottle free )
4. Just to make it shiny.
5. By hand for the wax, by PC for the sealant.

Jim.</HTML>
January 27, 2004 03:54AM
<HTML>Shoe Shine,

I use One Grand Blitz for a paste and Detail Plus' Sealant, or WC Super Seal.
I always applied by hand, but lately have applied selant with my Cyclo, or PC. Blitz I always apply by hand.
Cheap waxes tend to get very hard upon drying. Getting them off sucks because you can hear the particles rubbing. Blitz and sealants don't dry that way and come off easy. Other quality waxes do too.

You will have to buy and use what works for you. I hope your questions help you decide which products to buy.

Robert Regan</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
January 27, 2004 07:53AM
<HTML>Stay away from that eagle wax its S@#T These brands[ONE GRAND / COLLINITE] that Robert carries are some of the best out there.

ALSO GET IN CONTACT WITH SOME OF FOLKS ON THIS PHORUM AND ANOTHER GENTLEMAN NAME TURBOMANGT[GO BACK TO GET E-MAIL]</HTML>

January 27, 2004 08:22AM
<HTML>1] STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TALK TO BUD

2] Meguiars cleaner wax say what you want GREAT wax [4.95] / Meg gold
glass & Moose wax

3] Klasse AIO / Meg #20 & Meg #98

4] How easy they are to use and deep rich color it bring out

5] Right know by hand and PC, But the way everyone is talking on this forum looks like the cyclo polisher soon</HTML>

January 27, 2004 08:12PM
<HTML>Shoe-Shine,

Eagle wax hits ebay hard peddling their car wax.</HTML>

David
MOHS
January 28, 2004 06:53AM
<HTML>SHOE SHINER:

STAY TUNED TOMORROW AS I FORGOT MY NOTES AT THE OFFICE, BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS IS NOTHING BUT MORE CHEMICAL COMPANY "BS"

IT FALLS INTO THE "SPACE AGE" POLYMER; TEFLON CATAGORY, NEVER WAX FOR A YEAR OR FOREVER.

ANYONE WHO FEEDS YOU THAT KIND OF INACCUARATE DATA IS EITHER IGNORANT OR PURPOSELY DECEIVING YOU. IN EITHER CASE THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS.

BUD ABRAHAM</HTML>

buda
Re: MOHS - Not Applicable to WAX
January 28, 2004 11:02PM
<HTML>Mohs hardness is a scale used to determine how hard a substance is. You cannot do a MOHS hardness on a waxed surface. You would get the hardness of the surface, but certainly not an extremely thin coating like wax. In fact, my chemist said it is ludicrous to even suggest such a thing.

What you could say is the MOHS hardness of the wax that is in the product, that is wax in its raw form. That is all you could measure. Or, the hardness of abrasives in the product.

The harder the wax does not necessarily mean the better the way, in any case.

Do you want a hard, brittle, prone to cracking coating on your paint surface? Or do you want a flexible, maleable substance that stays put and protects for a much longer period of time?

There are all kinds of slants you can take on this and be somewhat true. But as I have said time and again, it is all about marketing hype. Anytime you hear a company stating some crazy things like this you need to be cautious.

Bottom line on this is that a wax film is too thin to actually measure a MOHS hardness.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login