Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makita and Porter Cable

Posted by BEE 
BEE
Makita and Porter Cable
February 05, 2004 05:25AM
<HTML>Hi guys I have a question about buffers. I'm looking for a high speed buffer. I need some info about the makita 9227 and the porter cable 7428. Coastal Tool has the makita and Properautocare has the porter cable. Also what type of pads do you guys use. Thanks in advance guys.</HTML>
Re: Makita and Porter Cable
February 05, 2004 10:07PM
<HTML>This is the first I've ever heard of the Porter Cable 7428. They make an excellent dual action buffer, so I would have no reason to believe their high speed would be of any lesser quality. I've used a Makita and a Dewalt and liked them both. The Dewalt is a little heavier and therefore more tiring to use, but it has more torque and gets up to speed faster than the Makita. The Makita looses speed as soon as you let go of the trigger and takes a few seconds to get back up to speed, even if you let go of the trigger for an instant. It's very noticeable when working in a tight spot and shuttling the trigger on and off.</HTML>
February 06, 2004 04:14AM
<HTML>I use a Makita and like the "loop handle", it gives me greater conrtol when detailing.
I also like the "slow start" feature as mentioned above, as well as the trigger controlled variable speed and dial speed control.
all the buffers mentioned are top of the line quality..., just get the model you feel more comfortable using.</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
February 06, 2004 04:18AM
<HTML>BTW..., the Dewalt is on sale for $149 and the Makita for $159 at Harbor Freight. with free shipping.
Detailers Paradise is having a sale on the Porter Cables...,
[detailersparadise.com];

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
BEE
February 06, 2004 05:03AM
<HTML>Thanks for the info guys.</HTML>
February 07, 2004 04:55PM
<HTML>The PC 7428 also now uses the loop handle like the makita</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login