Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Leather & vomit HELP!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Patty 
Leather & vomit HELP!!!!!!!!!
February 06, 2004 02:52AM
<HTML>Hi there! I am a mother of a 6 year old who got sick in my car. I have leather seats, of course the kind with the little holes in the leather. I can not get the vomit out of the little holes. HELP IS DESPERTELY NEEDED! The car is less than 2 years old, the leather is black and of course the vomit is pink. Thank you in advance for your time. Boy am I lucky that a search pulled up this website!

Thanks again, Patty

AKA : Mommy D</HTML>
<HTML>what type of car!Depending on the car you will probally need to take it to a professional with a good referance,ask friends and family.I personally would clean with a leather cleaner small brush and air then extract and condition .It really isnt a problem so dont panic,if nothing else if it discolors for any reason black is very easy to dye and match!</HTML>
<HTML>Sound like a job for PHIL GOODE lots of knowledge in smoke and odor removal send him a private e-mail

Vacuum ensure all particle are remove

Use woolite cold wash solution to clean leather

Treat leather with a good leather conditioner [LEXOL / MEDALLION by Meguiars]

Locate a professional detailer in your area GOOD LUCK</HTML>

Re: Leather &amp; vomit HELP!!!!!!!!!
February 06, 2004 04:26AM
<HTML>

Patty, where are you located?</HTML>
Re: Leather &amp; vomit HELP!!!!!!!!!
February 06, 2004 04:31AM
<HTML>Step 1: Cleaning...

Try using the end to a paperclip to get the vomit out of the holes. Be carefull not to pierce the leather. Scrub the seat with a mild detergent like woolite or something similar and a soft brush. Dry with a towel.

Step 2: Deodorizing...

Go to an auto parts store or the Wal-Mart automotive department and look by the carwash chemicals for a spray deodorizer (NOT and air freshener). It should be designed to eliminate biological odors. After testing in an inconspicuous part of the seat to make sure it won't hurt the leather, spray the seat and make sure the spray penetrates the holes. Let is work a while, then wipe the excess off.

Step 3: Conditioning

One the vomit and smell are gone, apply a leather conditioner such as Lexol or a similar product. Follow he directions on the bottle for application.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login