Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trimo---whatever

Posted by Bud Abraham 
Trimo---whatever
March 09, 2004 03:13PM
<HTML>Gentlemen:

Have my sample of this rubber treatment product from the lab and it looks good. Applied to clean tires on a vehicle at the office and with each application the shine increases. Testing now the durability or life.

What are you looking for in terms of durability to make it worth your while to buy it?

It is rather "sticky" to say the least, but it leaves a great shine, key now is durablity.

As stated, I am certain the price will be less than what you all were quoting from the other company.

I would suggest too that application would be best done with spray brush applicator from a 2.5 gallon tank. The sponge applicator method is too time consuming and you waste a lot of product trying to get it in the tread on the edges of larger tires also.

Look for your comments.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
LONG LASTING RUBBER TREATMENT
March 11, 2004 04:44PM
<HTML>Surprised that no one has replied to my posting on the Rubber Treatment? You all seemed very interested in it a few weeks ago. I have my labs sample and have been testing it and wanted to discuss the expected performance of the product with those who had samples from the Mobile Tech Expo and other brands.

It seems to have some longevity, but requires more than one coat to get a real high, high shine.

Let me know what you think?

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
<HTML>NO DISRESPECT

The problem is that you and others on this site taught us so good about sales and target marketing that we know there is a catch in there some where [brush application w/2.5 gallon tank works best] that sounds messy and time consuming also.

Just a student who learned a little from this site. THANK YOU FOR THAT</HTML>
Re: LONG LASTING RUBBER TREATMENT
March 11, 2004 06:28PM
<HTML>No disrespect taken. I can fully understand that my posting could be taken as a "sales pitch." However, I know that people on the forums are astute, like you, and certainly do not want to be subtly pitched on anything.

The purpose of my saying what I did was to give an opinion. If I were a detailer and had to apply a relatively expensive product like this Trimenex I would find it very difficult to do with a sponge. It took me far too long with a great deal of wasted product to apply it.

My comment about the spray brush applicator was that this seems to be a more efficient way to apply it to get full coverage in a short period of time and not loose any product.

Certainly our company is not the only one selling these tank/brush spray applicators.

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
<HTML>I would be happy with 30 days if under 49.99 and I have the 2.5 container! and brush I ordered from top of the line years ago .Stopped using after I had bought horse hair brushes to put tire shine on from horse feed and supply store!Sweet this is if your formula is at least 75% silicone and thick,other wise the sprayer w/brush attachment in my experience wasted more than any other means if the formula is thin and runny! If thick brush would be suitable, if you have the funds!Not that I know it all, but from real world experience....If only couple of weeks 4.00 acrilic enamel from craft and glass dept does a great job on black trim if you follow with heatgun to dry in a uniform fashion.Doesnt run off trim and if you use the clear that is also acrilic enamel waterbase , it will last a few months 8.00 total,just takes a little more time and a little common sense!</HTML>
March 12, 2004 02:28AM
<HTML>Bud,

Anyway we can test this like we did the 8,000 grit paper?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
<HTML>I meant 49.99 for a gallon in case there's any question.</HTML>
<HTML>Im still interested. I like a shiney tire, but HATE sling. I want the best of both worlds.</HTML>
March 12, 2004 03:45AM
<HTML>As far as trim & bumper restoration, I would like it to be long lasting...say 6 months to one year. That's what the word is on the Trimonex.

As for tires, maybe 2-4 months depending on use & abuse.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
March 12, 2004 04:43AM
<HTML>Bud

We use those 2.5 gallon brush applicators at the carwash. Ours are called Swabbies. They are certainly the most efficient way to dress tires I've ever used. The work especially good on tires with textures that make pad application almost impossible.

The dressing we use is from Pro and it's a very sticky water-based product. This is the only water-based protectant I've ever encountered that had the longevity of a solvent-based product without the worries. If you're product is anything like ours, it's worth checking out.</HTML>
March 12, 2004 05:19AM
<HTML>Our product, like the Trimonex, will not sling because it dries like latex paint dries. That is the secret to it's longevity.

You do have to make two applications to get a higher shine for tires.

At this point we have only a small amount for testing from the lab. When I am satisfied with it's performance I will make a production run and have it available to you all at a good price.

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
March 12, 2004 05:23AM
<HTML>That price is way too expensive, not worth $49.95 a gallon. We can bring it to market for less. Wait until my personal testing is done.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
March 12, 2004 05:27AM
<HTML>Will it make the tires glossy? In my opinion, glossy tires are tacky and ghetto looking. I prefer a nice clean, black, with minimal shine but a satin sheen to it. Make sense?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
<HTML>WILL IT MAKE THE TIRE SAFE AS TO SAY, IS THE PRODUCT GOING TO CLOG THE TIRE PORES AND DRY IT OUT?

Also why would you want a product to last that long ? THINK It will be VERY hard to remove. Is it going to kill the soap in you tire water? Every time you use it.

If anyone is interested try this product TURTLE WAX TIRE WAX [ I use a dish sponge from bed bath & beyond to apply]works great and does not SLING. But the key for most tire conditioner to work is a clean tire to begin with. THAT MY 2 CENTS</HTML>
<HTML>Gary, What is it? Glosso, Premo, Blue Ice? Thanks</HTML>
March 13, 2004 12:46PM
<HTML>I have a couple of questions.

Being a "sticky" product, would it not attract dirt and make cleaning a PITA?

How will it effect tire flexing and blooming?

As described as a latex paint, will it peel or have other "faults" as a paint would have?

How will it affect the sidewalls?
Manufacturers of tires can instantly void their warranty on the tires if products that contain petrochemicals and silicone oils are used, as they can remove the protective waxes and actually increase the rate of degradation, causing harm to the tires and sidewall failure.

Will it "dissolve" the tires "built in" protective waxes?

It the new product water based?

Just paranoid about new products, as there seems to be a lot of lawsuits around tire failure recently.
I would not want to be a defendant in court because someone had a blowout and was hurt..., or, God forbid, killed (even if it was a defective tire from the factory), only to have the defective tire evaluated and find that (whether really true or not), the "damage" was "caused" by the detailer applying chemicals to the tires that voided the warranty, ultimately accelerated the degradation of the tire, dissolving the protective waxes in the sidewall and putting the person applying the "protectant" at fault and being held accountable for the "damage" to person or property...,

What is the "long term" effects on tires?

Any "warranty" or "guaranty" that would protect the end user (detailer) from being held accountable for possible "damages"

Just thinking out loud about legal ans moral concerns...</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
March 13, 2004 04:03PM
<HTML>The product is sticky when liquid but dries a nice shiny smooth finish.

It is water based and does not negatively affect the rubber tires as would solvent based dressing. It is the solvent that attacks the rubber.

It does not "peel" off. I was using the latex as an example.

You can be assurd that a product of this nature, when used in the airline industry is perfectly safe. They use NOTHING that could cause any failures of any material used in the plane. You have to have your carpet shampoo; leather conditioner and glass cleaners approved by FAA before it can be used on a commerical airplane. Meaning an airline wil not buy chemical products that have not been approved.

No, this product is not approved. It's formulation is simply a copy of the technology.

It is not a NEW product, it is a rubber treatment that has been around for a long time in another industry. Trimonex was just smart enough to find it and market it to our industry.

Actually silicone dressings are not unique to the auto industry they were and are developed and used in other industries. We were just an after thought.

Change and progress comes with a price. A detailer has to change their attitude and get out of their comfort zone. As the say "think outside the box."

REgards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
<HTML>I WANT A SAMPLE. I WILL PAY SHIPPING</HTML>
<HTML>Bud when your ready too sell email me and I will purchase and with the amount of vehicles we do and a lot of them will be across the street at a car lot maybe for 30 days ,I will give an opinion for those who are leery of purchasing the product.That is if samples arnt attainable!</HTML>
March 14, 2004 06:03AM
<HTML>The trimonex product is NOT for tires. I am interested in the trimonex product clone for exterior molding and trim. It might be fine also for headlights after renewing. Headlights willf ade right back if they are not protected. Bud, will your new product be able to block UV and can it be applied to headlights?

If your product is for tires, not real sure I could use it. I will try it when it is done.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login