Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which Wax Works Best

Which Wax Works Best
March 17, 2004 05:09PM
<HTML>Which wax do you all use? Which wax do you all feel is best?</HTML>
Re: Which Wax Works Best
March 17, 2004 05:10PM
<HTML>Paste, cream, spray?

I only use Blitz for waxing. I use a paint sealant more than wax these days.

Rob Regan</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
March 17, 2004 06:45PM
<HTML>Nowadays, carnauba wax is like the VHS compared o the DVD when it comes to choosing a wax or sealant. Most waxes sold today aren't really true waxes but synthetic polymer blends with carnauba wax added.

Now, it's just a matter of preference: paste, liquid or spray.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
March 17, 2004 08:23PM
<HTML>I agree with Brian & Robert. I use a sealant more than anything these days. As for wax if requested, I'll use S100 (available at all Harley shops) or Ardex Topaz paste wax. Both, like so many others are excellent paste waxes.

But I really prefer a sealant. I can polish & seal a car with my Cyclo in the same amount of time it takes me to apply a paste wax. And then there are the rare customers who want the car waxed after it's been sealed. It adds some depth of gloss, but not really a noticeable difference as far as I can tell. But, if they want to pay me by the hour to apply wax after purchasing a full detail, who am I to refuse?</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
<HTML>Ok fellows I just made a bundle on the stock market"Love donuts" thats all Ill say but being in a great mood I'm going to give some of the best advice you will ever use"Collinite" best protection you will ever use on cars!!!Heavy duty fleet wax #885 Marque d elegance for show cars and black, metal wax 850 for trim,Insulator wax 845 ,Liquid sapphire for dealer cars 70.00 a gallon and it will shine until they sell it even 6 months later !!!Collinite #476s and of coarse the Heavy Duty Fleetwax.You will never see these products advertised in stores or even put in a wax test"wonder why"No comp"There boat waxes are among the best in the world.Brian and Frank should know this,If anybody orders and isnt happy with the longevity and shine ,send it to me ,I'll gladly buy the rest.....Best kept secrete in the wax business,trust me There are only a handfull of dealers in the US so search for nearest dealer.I buy mine from caswell Electroplateing.PS want to add a few money makers to your business ,go to Caswell Electroplating</HTML>
March 18, 2004 02:54AM
<HTML>I get my collonite from bass pro shops.</HTML>
March 18, 2004 04:42AM
<HTML>Meguiars #20 and their #66</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
March 18, 2004 05:09AM
<HTML>I had 10k for krispy Kreme when it came out, but my stock broker did not tell me that you can't put in a bid on a new stock..you have to set a price. All day I thought, "I knew this was a winner." Unfortunately, I never bought the stock and today it would be worth enough for at least one detail shop!!

Lesson learned...I pulled my money from my broker after that and took it elsewhere.

Rob R</HTML>

WC Detailing Products
March 18, 2004 05:29AM
<HTML>What do you mean by best wax ? Are you looking for protection or shine/gloss? I sug. buying the guru report from detail plus and see how they all compare to each other.</HTML>

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...
March 18, 2004 05:40AM
<HTML>William,

What donut company did you buy? Krispy Kreme was up only $.11 cents today.

Collinite is great but Dolphinite is awesome! Basically the same thing but Dolphinite can be applyed in extreme heat or extreme cold, easy on/easy off.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

<HTML>Dont know if you read my post about my dad giving me 10,000 out of the 32,000 he won in Las Vegas while visiting my sister and vacationing,but spent 3500.00 on detailing products from Top of the line and the rest basically went into crispy creme !This company is one of the hottest in the country,but unless you grew up close to one ,it would be hard to understand.PS Old Pop made a$ 120,000 in just a few years,..Dolphinite is this same company different name,The cold and hot issue would be a good topic for newby mobile owners!!</HTML>
March 18, 2004 06:22AM
<HTML>If you want an awesome stock, check out Mannatech (MTEX)

It's considered a hidden gem (small cap, great ROE/ROA, nice P/E, hardly any debt and pays a dividend.)

Dolphinite is different than Collinite. Who did you hear this from?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

March 18, 2004 02:18PM
<HTML>Everyone is going to have their own opinion on which wax works the best. I would try a few and see which one gives you the best results. Find out which one is easiest to apply and remove. Which one last the longest, gives the most shine etc. I have used a few waxes and the one I use other detailers may not like. I live in South Florida so the heat is a big issue here when detailing cars. I found autoglym's radiant wax to be easy to apply and remove. Water has continued to bead up on some cars up to 5 months using this wax. This is just my opinion try a few out and see what you like</HTML>
March 18, 2004 03:54PM
<HTML>William,

Is Collinite easy to apply and remove? I've heard good things about this wax. Thanks!!</HTML>
March 18, 2004 04:26PM
<HTML>
All of the Collinite line is easy to apply and remove IF you follow a few rules.

The liquids are easy on and off.

But the pastes....you must do in sections. Don't get me wrong. They are easy to work with as long as you don't do the whole car then expect the wax to remove easy. If you do a section (fender, door, half hood, etc.) it IS easy to work with.

I love Collinite and ONLY use it (845 liquid & 476 paste) and Detail Plus's Sealant.

Like many others here, you try them all and at some point you find what you like for your needs. There is no miracle perfect wax. Decide what is important to you. Collinite is known for Durability while something like S100 is known for looks. I don't like to wax every 2-4 weeks, nor do I want a customer to be disappointed in that same time frame. And I like the look Collinite gives, so I stick with it.</HTML>

David
March 18, 2004 05:02PM
<HTML>David,

Thanks for the information. I'm getting a sample of DetailPlus Paint Sealant sent to me. I hope it works as well as some people have said. I'm going to order the Collinite wax. When you say to do one section at a time, do you have to wait for the wax in the one section to dry before removing it? If that's the case, it seems it would take a long time to wax an entire vehicle. Thanks again for the info.</HTML>
March 18, 2004 08:38PM
<HTML>I like sealants and synthetics best, as they are highly durable.

For a sealant, I like Zaino and Klasse.
Synthetic wax- Einszett Glanz is FANTASTIC!!
Carnuba for durability- Collinite
Carnuba for looks- P21S/S100</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
<HTML>A section at a time is very important ,do the whole car and youll need a chisle,I use terry applicater with a small shot of a polymer activator, wipe back and forth,smile real big then take off with terry towel.These wax's are industrial and they have the the balls to say on container will last a year and this and that .If I tell a customer his car will have protection for 6 months then add, if this or that happens then only 2 to 4 ,to me thats edgey.Yes takes longer to do but when that car leaves ,I can look my self in the mirror and know I didnt dance around the fact!I can keep up with everyone coming back every 3 months thats why my retail customers are on twice a year program,if not for this I would never tell customer 6 months ,3 at tops $$$</HTML>
<HTML>Brian thanks for tip ,will investigate and I was asking if they were same company because of the similer spelling,not that it was...(-")almost made a smiley face!</HTML>
March 19, 2004 04:11AM
<HTML>Here's what I use:

Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant, #26 Yellow Wax, #16 Paste Wax</HTML>

March 20, 2004 12:14AM
<HTML>Waxes, sealants and which is best is like asking which ice cream is best?

It is all relative and subjective to each individual, unlike Truth which is Absolute and exclusive.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
March 20, 2004 04:01AM
<HTML>Anthony,
I like Vanillasmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
March 20, 2004 04:21AM
<HTML>The only thing I kinda disagree with is the do a section at a time theory. I remember doing my friend's car in high school with Turtle Wax and that was true. It was insane trying to get the wax off. However, I have used other paste waxes and left them on for quite a while and removed with no problem and they don't get hard.

I think the quality of the paste wax has to do with the drying time allowance.

I do agree that you have to use what works for you. It's like other things you buy. You just have to try different products until you get the results you want. Sometimes it is going to be a mixture of different brands. We used to detail with MarkV compound, 3M hand glze, and then MarkV IP 100.

It worked quite well.

Take care,
R Regan</HTML>

WC Detailing Products
March 20, 2004 05:04AM
<HTML>Flash Wax from Malco, the easiest on and easiest off wax I have ever used, you can leave it on there forever and it still wipes right off.

Sealant from Detail Plus, same as Flash Wax, very easy on and off.

Jim.</HTML>
March 23, 2004 02:39PM
<HTML>Sorry for the late reply (been out of town),

As others have already said yes the Collinite should be applied then removed. Then the next section, apply then remove, and so on....</HTML>

David
March 26, 2004 07:30AM
<HTML>Fellas:

Why not get a copy of the Comparative Study of Paint Sealants and Waxes that we commissioned done of 25 waxes and sealants used by detailers across the country.

This reveals:

1. Increase in gloss before and after using a Glossometer
2. Retention of gloss after 12 washings
3. Resistence to salt water

If this report does not give you some objective analysis of the performance of waxes and sealants nothing will.

Some of the products some here claim are good did not do so well in the test.

Regards
Bud abraham</HTML>

buda
March 26, 2004 09:40AM
<HTML>Also try "The Wax Test"
It tested 46 popular waxes and sealants.
[www.gurureports.org]

I also have read the "Glass Cleaner Report" and the Tire/Wheel cleaner/ dressing Report".
Very informative with lots of information, pics, "tips & tricks" and LOTS of pages of infosmiling smiley</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
April 13, 2004 02:12PM
<HTML>All that wax sucks , what are you guys thinking??? Anyone can go to Parts Africa or West Marine and buy that stuff. Why dont you guys start using professional stuff??? Youre all reminding me of a detail shop I know. REFLECTIONS MOBILE DETAILING in CT. They use junk products and buff dirty cars. Come on lets try a little harder to use some better products and do a quality job.</HTML>
April 13, 2004 06:23PM
<HTML>What do you use Steve?? Please enlighten all of us who use crappy products compared to you.</HTML>
<HTML>Hey Stevie Boy, your about to open up a can of "Kountry Ass Whuup". These guys are the best of the best. They're Pro's Bone marrow deep, KNOW their chemicals/KNOW the business inside out, pass on "FREE" Valuable info to those of us who don't know.Do like I do, just read and learn, and ask intelligent questions. Don't pick a fight you can win! These guy's will chew you and spit you out. Steve these guys are Master Whizzer's in a Pissin Contest,and you'll only come out of it with a stench of cleaning windows with pure Ammonia............. Brandy!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login