Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wall mounted pressure washer

Posted by Rod W. 
Wall mounted pressure washer
March 19, 2004 10:48PM
<HTML>For you guys that own shops, do you have a wall mounted pressure washer? The owner of the shop I'm going to be working out of wants to install an electric washer in the wash bay. Any suggestions as to which brands you've had experience with. Right now, we're just looking for a small cold water unit.

I've checked around on the web, but not finding too much. I found one for $1,200, but that's a bit high.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
<HTML>Hey Rod how you doin?? I've got a friend of mine here in EKY who has a fleet of coal trucks, and in his garage, he bought a wall mounted unit and the price you quoted sounds like what he purchased from Northern Tool. I think he told me it put out 3.5 gal/min water at 2000#. Sounds good for a cold water unit. It has a 5hp Baldor electric mtr,a cat pump, which in talking with some folks who know their power washers, say that is the Mercedes of pumps. The unit is belt driven,and not direct drive. it starts and stops when you pull the trigger,similar to a .50cent car wash. It also has a multiple of different size nozzles. I guess it sounds like I have stock with Northern Tool, I don't. I just saw this one in action. He bought it last year,and also told me they do an average of 6 trucks per day, from front bumper past the 6th wheel, frame, wheels and so on. 6 days a week,and sometimes the shop has used it on Sunday as well. I guess what I'm saying this unit seems dependable for what he's doing, it would be great for our needs.... Brandy</HTML>
Re: Wall mounted pressure washer
March 20, 2004 09:43PM
<HTML>A belt driven pump is the cadillac compared to a direct drive. Belt driven models are meant to be used like you mentioned above. They are more expensive, but I think it is safe to say it will not cause you problems. I'd love to have one of those at my house. I always wanted an on/off washer so that when I was cleaning tires, wheels, etc. I didn't have the unit running along.

Rob</HTML>
March 21, 2004 03:38AM
<HTML>Brandy...Doin' good!! That Northern is the unit I was referring too. It appears to have all the right stuff on it. I think when I get into my own permanent shop, I'll definitely get one of them. But for now, my partner & owner of the service center is willing to pay for one, and he doesn't want to spend that much.

He's talking about just mounting a pump on the wall where you attach the hose to the in line and a wand to the outgoing line. He's seen this set up at a friend's high end collision shop, so he's going to try to go that route. He thinks that the pump is only about $200.

My partner is smart as a whip and has had some great ideas so far, so I just step out of his way when he's chasing an idea. So far, it's saved us a fair amount of cabbage!!</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
March 21, 2004 03:45AM
<HTML>Rod, I use a cold water unit , it's on wheels , not wall mounted.

It's a Northern unit, 1.5 hp and quite old, the nearest new unit I could find was this one at

[amos.catalogcity.com]

it's going for about $500 new.

Does everything I need it to do.

Jim.</HTML>
March 22, 2004 01:37AM
<HTML>I've got a portable electric that I was going to use, but my partner wants a wall mounted unit, so I'll see what he comes up with. I don't see how his "pump only" idea is going to work, because, if I'm not mistaken, there has to be a motor to power the pump, right? I'll let you know what he comes up with.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
March 22, 2004 03:48AM
<HTML>I think some pumps can be plugged in but they are not meant for high psi. You might get some psi similar to a garden hose, but not pressurized. I could be totally incorrect here so I'm not sure if I'm helping.

Rob</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
March 22, 2004 05:03AM
<HTML>That helps, Robert. I hadn't even considered that. I'll make sure my partner knows that we want something that's going to put out some decent psi. At least 1700.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
March 23, 2004 10:06PM
<HTML>Robert,

Have you ever been to a self-serve car wash or seen the pressure washers in action at the prep area of a full-service wash? These are all wall-mounted belt-drive pump units powered by electric motors. They can produce as much PSI and GPMs as required. We are talking about industrial plunger pumps and industrial electric motors, not Home Depot fountain pumps!</HTML>
March 23, 2004 10:37PM
<HTML>My new pressure washer is wall mounted and cost around $4000 (Canadian) with taxes included. My unit is capable of 2000 psi at 4 gallons perminute and has all the bells and whistles (automatic on/off, high/low pressure option etc....). Well worth the money in cleaning power.</HTML>

March 29, 2004 06:21AM
<HTML>Hey Rod Well, I have finally got to open a shop, and right now I am using a hose and water. I know when I was working for a company downtown -Dave, the owner had a pump strapped on a fence. But it was direct.. I think he told me it was $1200 cdn. Boy do I miss that thing.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login