Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

moving ?

Posted by jovan baker 
moving ?
March 27, 2004 03:14AM
<HTML>Ok heres the deal, I currently rent a shop from my Uncle who owns the building. He charges 300 a month, free electric and water.The only problem is he runs his business out of the front and i rent a bay in the back not visible to the public. It has everthing i need sump, electric etc. There isnt a wall that seperates his and my business,which to me looks un professional but i did build a little office. I have a 3X8 sign out front but thats about it for visibility if they dont see the sign you wont even no im there. I thinking about moving to a location off a main hwy where theres easy access to the building. owner said hed put in a sump, But the rent is 600 plus all the utilities. I guess my ? is what would you guys do? Do you think a good rep alone will help me build my business or should i pay the extra money for a better location any advice would be appreciated</HTML>
Re: moving ?
March 27, 2004 03:29AM
<HTML>If I could rent a building on the main hwy/road for $600 I would be all over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wont get anything like that around here for less than $2000 per month plus utilities, and depending on the location probably more than that. If you cant make the rent on just random drive by traffic ( the $600 ) something is really wrong. In a shop you should be doing at least double that a day.</HTML>
March 27, 2004 04:25AM
<HTML>For $600 that's a steal! I'd be all over it too.

Best deal I found when looking was $2,500 in an industrial development.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
March 27, 2004 05:10AM
<HTML>First of all, what kind of biz is your uncle in? Is it an auto related biz? If so, he should be referring customers to you and you should be doing the same for him. Try making some brochures on your pc and have them prominently displayed in your uncle's lobby. Also, see if your uncle will let you put some signage up in the window directing people to your detailing shop. You should also get a banner made that you can hang up either outside your shop or over your work bay. You can go to any printer & have one made (under $100 for one that's 3X8). Do some things to draw attention to your shop. Hang balloons or flags from your sign, go around to other businesses in the area and see if you can leave brochures, etc.

As for moving, $600 is a bargain. How big is the shop? Will you have to do any renovations? Don't forget to factor in insurance, advertising and other expense that you may not have now. I say if you can swing it, you should definitely go for it!! But have a strategic plan in place before you make the move.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
March 27, 2004 06:13AM
<HTML>$600 is about 2- 4 details, a day or two of labor tops! THATS CHEAP!</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login