Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Leather color coming off or just dirt?

Posted by Mobile Pro 
Leather color coming off or just dirt?
April 03, 2004 07:40AM
<HTML>I have a detail to do on Monday.
The owner (late model Toyota like Lexus)
said she used a Leather "cleaner" from Lexus to clean her seats while doing this she says the color seemed to be coming off.
Anybody have suggestions or seen this before?
I still need to buy new leather cleaner/conditioner,so a product recommendation would be ideal.
Thanks in advance
Ryan @ Mobile Pro</HTML>
Re: Leather color coming off or just dirt?
April 03, 2004 08:32AM
<HTML>The leather used in today's motor vehicles is what is called "Protected Leather" and it simply means that the analine leather is painted with a color to match the vinyl.

And, if you use the wrong chemical or get too aggressive when cleaning you can remove the paint. They like to call it dye, but in reality it is a paint because it is on the surface, the color does not go thru the leather.

If this happens the only solution is to redye/paint the leather. Anyone who does leather/vinyl repair can do this. Or, you can contact SEM and get some leather "dye" from them to do the job yourself, but I would recommend finding someone who specializes in this and broker the job.

We offer a nice mink oil leather conditioner.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS
www.detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
April 03, 2004 10:03AM
<HTML>Hey Bud,
thanks for the info, is there a conditioner/cleaner safe
to use on this type of leather?
I know not to get too aggressive but is this mink oil ok to clean as well?
If so can I buy a sample ammount?
I do alot of leather but haven't found the right product yet.
Just so expensive to try everything you know?

(I am also in the market for a non silicone tire dressing)

Thanks for all the help
Ryan @ Mobile Pro</HTML>
April 05, 2004 11:52PM
<HTML>Pro's Leather Cleaner is a great product for cleaning dirty leather without streaking, color removal, or any other damage to the leather. You spray it on, scrub with a carpet brush, and wipe. The leather looks like new and is ready for conditioning.</HTML>
April 06, 2004 12:21PM
<HTML>Hey Gary, long time no see. How's the new job going at the detail centre? I trust all is going well for you and your family.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login