Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

pine sap removal

Posted by darryl lewis 
pine sap removal
April 07, 2004 11:36PM
<HTML>Help Please !!!! I have a black Chevy z71 truck that has set under a pine tree forever and a day. Can't price the job without knowing how to correct problem. Thanks in advance D.Lewis</HTML>
Re: pine sap removal
April 08, 2004 01:08AM
<HTML>tar gum wax remover

tarminator by stoner

sorry, holding newborn in 1 hand

r regan</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
April 08, 2004 01:22AM
<HTML>rubbing al;cohol also works very well on pine sap</HTML>
April 08, 2004 04:51AM
<HTML>As above but green rubbing alcohol</HTML>
April 08, 2004 07:23AM
<HTML>The foolproof way is to purchase Tree Sap Remover from your local detail supplier.

I have heard that alcohol will remove some sap and also you can try turpentine.

The normal solvent cleaners will usually not remove tree sap as it has a different composition.

Let us know what worked for you.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 08, 2004 08:29AM
<HTML>I second on the Tarminator by Stoner.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 08, 2004 01:17PM
<HTML>Turpintine is the best way to remove pine tree sap. Turpintine is made from Turpenes which are derived from pine tar so it will quickly dissolve the sap and not damage the paint. If not available, use bug/tar/sap remover.</HTML>

April 09, 2004 01:48AM
<HTML>I have tried turpentine, solvents, tree sap removers, rubbing alcohol, denatured alcohol, and many others but I found that denatured alcohol is the fastest and best solution for pine sap.

If you have deposits that are old and hardened, you can soften them up for easy removal by laying a towel across the surface or cotton balls on the individual spots and saturating with the alcohol. Let it sit for as long as it takes to soften them.

Another trick is to pick away at the spot with a razor blade to get the bulk of the spot off, then clean the remaining residue with the alcohol.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login