Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Waxing a Ferrari

Posted by Mr. Ranger 
Waxing a Ferrari
April 09, 2002 05:58PM
I have too (want to) wax a 2000 Ferrari 360 for my boss.

He is good guy so I want to do a good job. I have done some older Ferrari 308's in the past but this one makes me a little nervous.

Has anyone work on the newer Ferrari paints? This one hasn't had anything on it yet. Suggestions and tips please.

I have Meguiars waxes. I think I should clay some of it to get a good start because its been two years without any protection. It feels smooth but I would think there is some dirt on it.
Re: Waxing a Ferrari
April 09, 2002 07:53PM
i have done a newer one and used meguirs swirl free polish and followed it with blitz wax,i think your boss will love it. but if you are not using a buffer ,i would clay it to clean the surface ,polish it with meguirs #7 then follow with blitz.

good luck and have fun!!!!
mike at the shine shop
April 12, 2002 05:36AM
Mr. Ranger,

Prior to doing any work on a Ferrari, you will do a better job if you keep it off your mind that you are cleaning a costly vehicle. Concentrate on each task that you preform on & take your time not to forget anything.

For all exotics, I will only use the P21S cleaner & carnuba wax. A light claying will only be prefrom if I feel any light contaminants on the exterior surface prior to using the liquid cleaner. Good Luck with your efforts & hard work.

The moral of the story is to treat a Ferrari just like you would be treating & cleaning your own personal vehicle. That might make it a little easier to be able to work with.
Dan
April 13, 2002 01:22AM
Are you talking meguars paint cleaner in the red bottle or ABC?
April 18, 2002 08:23PM
I have detailed a 1995 Ferrari 348 Spyder (red) and it was in near perfect condition. I made sure that I didn't get nervous in fear that it would cause me to mess up. I started out with the Meguiars Step one cleaner by hand just to be safe. Then I applied the Step 2 polish and finished it of with Gold Class Wax. It was under many high powered floressant lights that showed every scratch, swirl, or blemmish in the paint, after I got done, it was perftect. If you take your time and relax, you will be fine. I personally LOVE to do cars like that, they get my blood flowing and remind me one of the reasons that I am in this business

Jeff
Dan
April 18, 2002 08:28PM
Cool, glad it came out alright, you should hit up your boss for a monthly wash and wax, cuz thats all that the gold class will last, anyhow a ferrari should be waxed monthly no matter what you use.
April 22, 2002 08:15PM
Thanks Guys for the info, I did it Sunday and it came out great! What a car!

The Auto Detailer Want-to-be
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login