Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who Uses Steam?

Posted by Steve Bough 
Who Uses Steam?
April 29, 2004 11:56AM
<HTML>From a post here a while back, I've been kinda drooling over a Daimer steam system. The one I'm looking at is the 300C model (steam only, no vac...I already have a good extractor).

I'm thinking it would speed up cleaning wheelwells, brake dust, bugs and tar, door jambs, engine compartments, etc.

I talked to one of their customer service reps but that's kinda like asking the fox if the chicken house is secure.

Do any of you guys actually use steam and, if so, for what and what kind of rig do you have.

I also be interested to hear from anyone who's tried steam and didn't particularily care for it.</HTML>

Re: Who Uses Steam?
April 29, 2004 02:20PM
<HTML>We are contemplating importing such units from their homeland, Italy. The problem with these units is that they were introduced here as "alternatives to extractors" and they are not in my opinion, after testing for several months.

In Italy and Europe they are used for hard surface cleaning such as tile floors; in bathtubs and showers; windows; cabinets.

What I have found, if you can buy one for under $400 they are a great tool for removing stains from carpets and fabrics, unequalled. They are great for map pockets and other hard to reach areas; ashtrays with candy stuff or melted in them; glove boxes, etc.

They could be used on wheels in some instances or stubborn grease concentrations in engines.

They are, in my opinion, another cleaning tool a professional detailer should have to do a better job. If only to remove stains from carpets they would be worth it.

Finally I have found the steamer vacuum to not be that good. Those we did sell were returned because the buyer felt they were not worth what they paid.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 30, 2004 12:52AM
<HTML>They work hand in hand ...each compliments the other....I personally love it for all but has said,and since I use mine everyday Ive learned to use it without the extractor on less filthy vehicles.</HTML>
April 30, 2004 01:15AM
<HTML>Great for "spotting".
I also use my steamer for my birds cages..., works great to melt off bird poopsmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
April 30, 2004 02:27AM
<HTML>I meant Bud...not but, sure some of you got a kick out of that!Sorry!!!!But since we are on the subject ..I got the Diamond Plus sealant and the WAX report today ,just glancing through the report looks yummy,better go eat supper...long dog gone day!!</HTML>
May 01, 2004 04:33AM
<HTML>I have been using a digital commercial steam machine along side with my dual 3 stage ninja with 185 lift for a few years now , a deadly combo that tackles the nastiest jobs with ease!</HTML>
May 02, 2004 12:35AM
<HTML>Amen Bro ...If your going to work in the pit,you need the wisdom and the equipment to do it fast and profitable!!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login