Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gas prices up 50 percent in 2 months!!!!

Posted by Pro Mobile Details 
Gas prices up 50 percent in 2 months!!!!
May 08, 2004 12:44PM
<HTML>Not even 2 months ago gas was around 60 cents a litre here near toronto.
It is now 90 cents a litre!! i,m mobile and have many accounts that are in the city which is a 30 to40 minute drive to boot.(worth the drive money wise lol)
I have upped my prices (200 to 300+ for full details) to accomadate the increases including other products like pads,chemicals, etc. that have went up as well.

I have 3 friends that own gas station garages i do biz with and they say it will be a buck in the not too long future!</HTML>
Re: Gas prices up 50 percent in 2 months!!!!
May 08, 2004 01:14PM
<HTML>If all other businesses raise their prices, you have the absolute right to do the same.

But here in the states we go by the gallon. At first I was thinking man thats cheap, then saw liter hehe. $1.69 here for a gallon of reg.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 08, 2004 01:26PM
<HTML>They have been testing the water for months to see how much we will pay my friend. You may notice that they did the same thing last year but brought the price down after people bitched too much. I believe the term is "familiarization" where they will bring a price up to a certain point to see if the market will bear it and then you get used to paying it. They say that the price for a barrel of oil is the highest in 13 years here but here is my contention:
I worked for Canadian Tire Gas in the late eighties and gas prices were $0.39 - $0.44 per litre average. How is it that the price of a barrel of oil is the same now as it was then but the price has doubled? Refining costs? Market price? It's all a crock of BS and we buy into it. The price at our gas bar was not set by trying to be competitive. Our price was set by what the Petro Canada station was charging so when their price went up so did ours and vice-versa. I really hope all the a-holes in the middle east are saving their pennies and living it up now because I see hydrogen power becoming prevolent in the next 15 years and their economies are all going to tank because they have nothing to offer except oil. Keep on gouging like now and it will become more important for the alternative fuel technology to become available so I see it happening sooner. Sorry for the rant but most people don't know how they operate the petroleum industry.</HTML>

May 08, 2004 01:58PM
<HTML>You make a great point Perkin...they have NOTHING besides Oil (and Opium hehe). If we were smart, we would start cutting off our supply lines to them. No more medicine, automobiles, textiles, machinery...NOTHING until they want to open up the oil trade further and bring down their ridiculous prices.

This recent gouge in price could just be the result of Bush's re-election plan. It'll come down come October...and I can only PRAY it works for him because this country will goto hell with a democrat in power right now.</HTML>
May 08, 2004 03:31PM
<HTML>Good thing its a tax write off for me !
Actually its my biggest expense by far!
Scotty my friend, I am coming near you today for mothers day tomorrow,
Wish i could stop by but swamped,going back sunday night. I want to talk to you about mobile detailing, might have some good ideas for you as i have turned down so much huge biz it ain,t funny(corperate accounts, golf clubs, race track, etc) No use having that van you bought just sit there ;_) i Will send you a email from my folks later tonight
ps. Glad to see you had a worthwhile time in vegas .
Did you track down our buddy carwasher haha j/k</HTML>
May 08, 2004 03:35PM
<HTML>I sold the van in the fall along with a couple of other vehicles I had that I just wasn't making use of. I don't see the market here in London being great for mobile due to weather and the reclaim issues involved so I just got rid of it and the huge insurance that came along with it.</HTML>

May 08, 2004 09:20PM
<HTML>$1.69?

Can I buy from you? I pay $2.09 right now.</HTML>
May 08, 2004 10:01PM
<HTML>Wow, $2.09? Thats a steep price -- I'd pump and run or siphon my neighbor's at that price hehe.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 08, 2004 11:46PM
<HTML>

Try 2.23 a gallon for reg unleaded in the san francisco area</HTML>
<HTML>Fellows ..this is when those 7 dealers I have pay off ...ever see a used car with 1/2 a tank or even a full tank,,,not any more!!!</HTML>
May 09, 2004 04:18AM
<HTML>so cal we pay $2.20 a gallon for the cheapest. My cars need super and that is at $2.45+.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
May 09, 2004 06:52AM
<HTML>$2.36 today. I heard we have the most in the US! Not too far from Superior Shine.

When I had my first '69 bug it was 88 cents per gallon...1988.

Ever see a GEM? I have the four-seater model. A lot of people driving buy ask if I want to sell it!!! smiling smiley

R Regan</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
May 09, 2004 09:24AM
<HTML>"Fellows ..this is when those 7 dealers I have pay off ...ever see a used car with 1/2 a tank or even a full tank,,,not any more!!!"

LMFAO. I need to start doing that. Anyone selling gas at a cheaper price? anyone price match gas?</HTML>
<HTML>I have raised my detailing prices this spring an average of 10%.

Anyone else raising prices?</HTML>

Re: Detailing prices up this Spring?
May 09, 2004 01:46PM
<HTML>Its $1.92 for the cheapest right now in St. Paul, MN but if you go a bit north or south of the cities its down to $1.83.

Anne</HTML>
May 09, 2004 02:13PM
<HTML>When I went home to the UK a few weeks ago , the average price per liter was about $2.00, or nearly $8.00 per gallon .

Now that hurts.

Jim.</HTML>
May 09, 2004 11:55PM
<HTML>I pay $2.20 for premium. Anything less and my car will start to ping and knock pretty bad. It's almost cheaper for me to buy regular and add an octane booster after every fillup! lol

Thank god my detailing truck runs on regular</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login