Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

interior car scratches

Posted by beachmimi 
interior car scratches
May 08, 2004 07:54PM
<HTML>I had a coat hanger that scraped the glove compartment about 8 inches and I tried armorall no help-anything to be done? It is not a pricey car (mitsubishi mirage) so it looks like a plastic material for sure not leather. That is the only scratch on the interior of this 4 yr old car-any suggestions appreciated! Thanks!</HTML>
Re: interior car scratches
May 08, 2004 08:11PM
<HTML>Take your vehicle to a professional detailer who does leather and vinyl repair or to your mitsubishu dealer.

The glove box can be repaired by camoflauging the scratch and recoloring the area with the same color.

You will not know there was even a scratch to the area</HTML>
Re: interior car scratches
May 08, 2004 10:06PM
<HTML>Instead of paying for a repair, just get a new glove box. Should cost less than an hourly rate repair.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
<HTML>My rate to repair that onsite is 45 dollars. I use water based dyes, but you could probally match that with a SEM brand spray coating. Clean it with denatured alcohol, spray a adhesive promoter like bulldog, allow it to dry, spray dye on. Use light coats, and a hair dryer to speed up drying time.</HTML>
<HTML>Bumper,got it right on the nose...or glove box!!! No way cheaper for import glove box ...bet 100.00 on that</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login