Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I LOVE Meguiars NXT

Posted by Brian Lupo 
I LOVE Meguiars NXT
May 09, 2004 11:59PM
<HTML>Sorry guys...I know some of you stand by your "pro-line" and "industrial" waxes but this NXT is just absolutely amazing. I'm getting PHENOMENAL results with it. Anyone else sharing similar results?</HTML>
Re: I LOVE Meguiars NXT
May 10, 2004 12:51AM
<HTML>Initially NXT looks great, but in a week or so the shine quickly goes away.
It has a lot of "fillers" for swirls, etc..., which is good as an all in one car dealer type product or for the auto auction..., but I prefer a protectant without abrasives, cleaners and fillers for my high end customers...
Both have their place on my shelfsmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
May 10, 2004 01:58AM
<HTML>Well, I guess I could follow it up with a sealant? or a different, more protective wax?</HTML>
May 10, 2004 02:02AM
<HTML>Not sure about Meguiars NXT, but their Hi-Tech wax was 25 out of 25 products on the Comparative Study of Paint Sealants and Waxes with only a 5.5% increase in shine after application.

The number one product has a 32.8% increase.

After 12 washings it came in at 15th with a 1.38% decrease in shine which is not bad.

As for resistence to salt water corrosion it was in the #4 group out of 5 groups. That is, the same amount of rust on the panel as the control panel which did not have any wax or sealant on it.

Don't know if Hi Tech is supposed to be better or less than NXT. But thought I would share the results of one Meguiar's product that was tested.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
May 10, 2004 11:54AM
<HTML>I think they're the same.</HTML>
May 10, 2004 01:53PM
<HTML>I originally loved this wax too- went on smooth and easy and I liked the shine. Unfortunately, I noticed it only covers swirls for a few days but the shine stays awhile. It may not be the best protection, but I don't care since I frequently wax my car anyways...

Anne</HTML>
May 10, 2004 09:29PM
<HTML>If the shine is good, and it goes on smooth and all that why would you care if it covers swirls or not? Arent we detailing professionals ? Shouldnt swirls be removed before we are waxing anyways?

Personally I like NXT but I always properly prepare all my work before waking anyway.

As far as the other wax mentioned I believe it is #26 and they are not the same products.

I just love how bud always comes on these boards and trys to bring a level of discredit to things...always preying on the ones who are too new to see through the smoke screen.

So what was the # 1 product ?</HTML>
May 10, 2004 09:33PM
<HTML>zrotorz,

Don't be so naivesmiling smiley
Ask Chevrolet which car is #1...

Ask Ford what car is #1

Ask Dodge what car is #1
Etc, etc, etc...,

Tell us what you think is #1, LOL!!
I think you know where this is going..., smiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
May 10, 2004 09:43PM
<HTML>We all know that HONDA is #1 and the NSX is the #1 Honda, so therefore, the NSX is #1!!!! smiling smiley

Thanks for the input though guys....I just did compound/swirl remover/polish/NXT on my black NSX and it is like GLASS!!!!!!!!</HTML>
May 10, 2004 09:47PM
<HTML>NSX!!!
I love those carssmiling smiley
Not the ultimate in speed, but a highly refined sports car, nice, high quality and high class!!

Have you tried Einszett on your black paint?
It is just like the car..., Incredible!!!</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
May 10, 2004 10:00PM
<HTML>ha ha look what I started...Anyone with both eyes open will get my point. And it looks like you did ( wayne )</HTML>
May 10, 2004 11:49PM
<HTML>2 rotors, Ease up man! Bud offers alot of help, so does Ron K. Theyve been doing detailing longer than some of us have been alive!!!! They probally forgot more than we will ever learn about detailing, we meaning me included in that. Have a good week.</HTML>
May 11, 2004 12:48AM
<HTML>2 - Rotors:

Sorry if you think I have some under handed method to my posting, that in not the intention.

There is such a void in good information in this industry that when I read posting that I think is inaccurate or may have other answers or alternatives I will offer what I can.

If you think my motives are cynical and self serving I cannot do anything about that. It is your choice.

As for which products were number one:

Increase in Gloss ---- Klasse 32.8%

Gloss Retention After 12 Washing - Zymol Cleaner 5.16% increase in gloss

Resistence to Corrosion - Zaino Bros; 885 Fleetwax; DIAMOND PLUS

Anything else?

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Re: I LOVE Meguairs NXT
May 11, 2004 01:06AM
<HTML>I cant ever ease up, there is no reason. If you like their info great, if not thats great too. I don't think that was all that harsh.

I only call them as I see them. And I knew if I was to ask about the test his product would coincidentally be in the top spot. If all his stuff were nowhere on the chart it wouldn't have been mentioned. ( again credibility )

I don't have anything personal against bud just his tactics are typical. I know a few people who use his products and like them, I tried them and wasn't really impressed...Not bad products but just weren't for me.</HTML>
May 11, 2004 01:07AM
<HTML>nope we are finished, thats what I thought.</HTML>
May 11, 2004 01:46AM
<HTML>Rotors:

It was not coincidental that DIAMOND PLUS scored high on the corrosion resistence test, it was formulated to do that.

All the test did was substantiate what was done in the formulation of the product.

Detailers from all over the country were asked to submit their products, we did not choose any of the products.

The testing protocols were published in the test.

Sorry you feel there is more to what we have presented than what is.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
<HTML>I recieved the report with the the Diamond Plus 2 weeks ago...very informed reading..my employees rate the diamond plus a A for all they must go through applying, removing ,residue build up and shine...if there happy ,Im happy especially at 29 for a gallon ,,,,super cost effective!Bud I ordered another pneumatic rotory smampooer....my guys love these too....cant see why anyone would scrubb with a brush ,when these are available</HTML>
May 11, 2004 04:57AM
<HTML>Thanks for the testimonial, glad you like it. But the price is only $22.95 a gallon. I hope you did not pay $29 a gallon. If you did you have a credit coming.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
<HTML>For some reason I thought it was 29.00.... dang 23.00 is a real bargain!!!!!Im not as price concience as I should be!!!!!</HTML>
May 12, 2004 01:07AM
<HTML>I'm still wearing the "straight jacket" Bud. $45 gallon for my Dolphinite. This is not a miracle or boutique product. This is some good stuff! The $45 is the discounted price I get at my marine supplier. I know what you're going to say but I've tried everything else.

When is free shipping day? I'd love to try your line.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 12, 2004 01:12AM
<HTML>Bud,
How much is shipping..., say for a case of gallond shipped to 36277?
Free shipping day would be good, let us knowsmiling smiley</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
May 13, 2004 01:06PM
<HTML>What products have you or do you use/recommend for high end customers. I have a client that has a 1949 Ford Pickup and I want to impress him by having the best product available. I used Mequiars on his 2000 Landcruiser, he loved it. We allowed the wax to cure overnight and removed it with Detailing Mist. He absolutely loved it and referred me to a friend and insist I will be the one to detail his truck.....Thanks in advance....</HTML>
May 13, 2004 10:19PM
<HTML>Einszett polishes are, IMO, the best of the best.
The quality is so high..., it is even ISO Certified.
After searching for a couple of years and testing literally 100's of products and brands, Einszett was so impressive, it is all I use now and have recently become an Authorized Dealersmiling smiley.
I still test stuff out from time to time, but have found nothing that compares.</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
May 14, 2004 02:26AM
<HTML>Stoner's Speed Bead is an outstanding polish/sealant for high end cars -- especially dark cars. Today I used it on a "midnight blue" Porsche 911 and have superb results.

For the already detailed cars that need to be prepped for delivery, Auto Magic's HydroShine is remarkable.

If you're looking to polish with a rotary (car that is in great shape, just needs a bit of brightening) try any "pure polish" on a blue "Edge" pad then a wax or sealant.

Anyway, high end cars are usually in great shape, just dirty and finely scratched with many bugs on the front fascia.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login