Nail Polish
May 17, 2004 06:07PM
<HTML>Hey guys. What's the safest product to use to remove nail polish?</HTML>
Re: Nail Polish
May 17, 2004 07:14PM
<HTML>Remove from what type of surface?</HTML>
May 18, 2004 02:02AM
<HTML>Hard to say, as asked earlier, what surface, how long on, how big of deposit, etc.

First of all, is it old or new formula "nail polish", since older ones used acetone as their solvent system, which will "bite into" or "melt almost any plastic or polymeric type of coating.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
May 18, 2004 02:20AM
<HTML>First thing that acme to mind was acetone but like you said Ketch, will remove coloring on vinyl and platics as well -- along with the nail polish.

Mark, keep us posted on what type pf surface. You may have to Q-tip the acetone very very very carefully not to get it on the surrounding surface. Once polish is basically gone, stop. Don't let acetone touch below the polish on the surface. Remove the rest of the polish with cleaner and a firm brush, again not scrubbing the surrounding surface.

This may seem a bit meticulously "detail crazy" but seems to be your best shot without harming surrounding surface.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 18, 2004 11:58AM
<HTML>Hey guys, it's leather seating of course. Supposedly it just happened, but tough to say.</HTML>
May 18, 2004 03:58PM
<HTML>You might want to consider trying one of the Mr Clean sponges that just came out. I had a simular substance on the plastic interior door trim and the sponge took it right off.

A word (or two) of caution though. We also had a Chevy Blazer in the shop that had a tan dashboard with what I thought was a black smudge on the passenger side corner. It actually turned out to be where the dye had worn off. When we used the sponge on it, it actually took MORE dye off! Ended up re-dying the corner. The point being that the sponge has a VERY strong cleaning chemical in it.

Also, I don't know if it'd work on leather. Best read the instructions carefully and try it on a hidden spot first.

Hope this helps a little...

Steve
The Shine Shop
Jasper, IN</HTML>
May 18, 2004 10:53PM
<HTML>Any hard substance I encounter I use my vapor steam to melt and wipe with paper towel and cleaner...sometimes in delicate areas it can be tedious!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login