Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mercedes Paint sealant

Posted by Phil Goode 
Mercedes Paint sealant
May 19, 2004 12:27PM
<HTML>I have a new client with a brand new merc. It has a paint sealant that still works! It has been months now and the sealant still beads and has a nice smotth feel as well as a nice shine. Anybody know what kind of sealant this is?
Bud, this stuff is real good. You guys know me, I am telling you this is the miracle stuff we all hear about but never produces...only it really produces.
Bugs juts wash right off, road grime rinses off.</HTML>
Re: Mercedes Paint sealant
May 19, 2004 03:00PM
<HTML>Phil:

Checking with my chemist he indicates that what creates protection on the surface of a paint finish from a sealant is not what makes water bead. In other words, because the water beads does not mean that the car has any protection. Conversely, if the water does not bead does not mean it does not have protection.

Frustrating, huh?

Of course, you can easily see shine, but then shine does not mean the sealant offers any protection as indicated in the Comparative Study of Paint Sealants and Waxes.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
May 19, 2004 04:45PM
<HTML>Phil,

Nice to see you back! I did a CL 600 the other day and encountered the same thing as you. Road grease and bugs just washed right off with the hose. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with a sealant but probably more of constant detailing and care of such an expensive car. Same happens when I do my customer's Ferraris and Corvettes. Even the rims beaded. I know you can't tell protection from beading but a detailer knows if there's protection or not -- we just know.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 19, 2004 05:06PM
<HTML>It's Phil, it's Phil, it's Phil !!!

Sure it's not one of the newer Merc's with the nano clear coat ?

Just curious . Paul posted on here recently, I think if you check inside the door, it has something in the code that tells you if it has the nano clear or not . I dont know if it makes any difference or not.

Jim.</HTML>
May 19, 2004 05:07PM
<HTML>Here is the original thread Phil..

[web-cars.com]

Jim.</HTML>
May 19, 2004 09:06PM
<HTML>Check the glove box for warranty on paint sealant it might give you a clue to the name or you can call the dealer where vehicle was purchased and ask for pricing on warranty sealants and which brand they use.</HTML>
May 20, 2004 04:30AM
<HTML>Meguiars is the official paint products for MBZ. A new paint job will bead with not protection at all, just quality paint.

You may be working on of the new ceramic paint finishes.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
May 20, 2004 09:40PM
<HTML>That is it! This new paint really delivers. The warranty mentioned no nmae. It was the typical yada yada. However, there is NO retreat asked for at a later time. AND (get this) if the paint is damaged ny "natural" causes such as bird roppings or love bugs...Mercedes will repaint the car.

Bud, for the record, whne paint beads, stuff will wash off easier. A freshly waxed car cleans better than one with a two month old paint sealant. This is only my experince.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login