Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Window Secrets...

Posted by Brian Lupo 
Window Secrets...
May 30, 2004 05:36PM
<HTML>Whenever I go out and detail or even wash cars, I always get clean, streak-free windows, no matter what product I use, but lately, the guys that work for me are complaining about 'streaking up the windows' and what not.

I use newspaper to clean the windows but I guess I maybe need to find a new cleaner.

Anyone have any suggestions on how-to clean them and what to use to get them streak free??

Thanks in Advance</HTML>
Re: Window Secrets...
May 30, 2004 07:12PM
<HTML>I would first find out what changed...,
If you were getting streak free windows before, something in the process had to change somewhere down the line- cleaner, towel, etc.

If all else fails, I carry a specialized MicroFiber Towel made for use on windows.
It is streak free, smudge free and lint free...</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
May 31, 2004 05:25PM
<HTML>Invisible Glass by Stoner and plush microfiber towel (or) blue lint free surgical huck towel.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 31, 2004 10:34PM
<HTML>I tried Invisible Glass for the first time last week and I compared it side by side with the glass cleaner I've been using. The Eimann Fabrik Clear Vision worked much better than the Invisible Glass and cut through the dirt much quicker and is a much stronger cleaner. I have heard so many rave reviews about Invisible Glass that frankly, I was very disappointed by it's performance.</HTML>
May 31, 2004 10:48PM
<HTML>Let me guess...you distribute Eimann Fabrik? Second thread with you praising their product...I've rarely heard anyone else praising them though</HTML>
May 31, 2004 11:32PM
<HTML>Brian Angelucci,

Shoot me an email..., I have a question for yasmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
June 01, 2004 12:15AM
<HTML>I don't distribute any products!! I am a detailer just like you. I work by myself and have been fortunate enough to have the money to experiment with lots of different product lines. I'm just telling you what works for me. Take it or leave it. I tried lots and lots of products that people have raved about and found myself always going back to the Eimann line.</HTML>
June 01, 2004 02:07AM
<HTML>???</HTML>
June 01, 2004 04:30AM
<HTML>well knowing that, I'll give it a shot. Who do you know that distributes their line? post a link</HTML>
June 01, 2004 02:09PM
<HTML>www.properautocare.com.</HTML>
June 03, 2004 07:55PM
<HTML>Stoner Invisible Glass
[www.stonersolutions.com<];

June 04, 2004 05:41PM
<HTML>Eagle One 20/20 works great for me.</HTML>
June 05, 2004 01:20AM
<HTML>Actually...,
With a "Glass MicroFiber Towel", I have not found any cleaner that performs poorly..., even plain watersmiling smiley

Could be a big chemical saver in the right hands, LOL!!</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
June 05, 2004 06:06PM
<HTML>I can relate to Mark's experience with IG, I was also disappointed. I'm so surprised how much praise I read for it. Perhaps the formula has changed since I shelved it in 2000. I do have a glass cleaning mf and I agree with Wayne that with such a cloth , most often, only water is needed</HTML>
June 05, 2004 06:11PM
<HTML>Guys,

What was your trouble with Invisible Glass? This is the best glass cleaner I have ever used -- and I've used them all.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 05, 2004 09:11PM
<HTML>It's not so much trouble I had with IG as was its lack of cleaning power. I liked how it sprayed, and for windows that are relatively clean, it's a very good product. When I used it on soiled windows with the black rubber seal marks at the top of the glass, the Eimann Fabrik blew it away with its cleaning power. I had to spray it 3 times with the IG and really get on it with the MF towel to remove it. The EF cleaner instantly dissolved it.</HTML>
June 05, 2004 10:20PM
<HTML>I would agree with Mark on its cleaning ability but in addition for me, It did streak no matter which method I tried: by newspaper, paper towel, cotton terry cloth or microfiber. I wiped back and forth, front to back , side to side, in circles, squares, etc. Frustrating. It's strange because after IG I went to a simple 50/50 isopropyl/water alcohol mix and that seemed to work better. I'm finding just using a damp mf followed by a dry mf works well and if I encounter heavy soiling I have a concentrate based cleaner that seems to be doing well.

I will try IG again some time when my concentrate stuff is all gone and I will practice extensively if necessary to try to get the "feel for it" i guess. It's nice because one can order this product by the case.</HTML>
<HTML>It dont matter what glass cleaner you use ..Big lots .99 or IG's if your raggs have any contamination or if somebody used a lot of armour all around their car it will streak first time or so...If you have a sudden streaking problem use newspaper if the streaking goes away you have contam raggs or to much soap in the raggs .I use distilled vinegar once a week in the window washing machine and never use soap period!Also any detailed spray used on the inside or outside"Even tire dressing"will cause streaking!</HTML>
June 06, 2004 12:20AM
<HTML>Paper towels are very "lint happy" same goes for terry towels. So far, microfiber towels have been a sure thing when it comes to clear windows. I used to use newspaper when I used to do my parent's cars 12 years ago but found they made a mess on the interior after deteriorating -- clear vision but what a mess.

Some of you said you had a problem with Invisible Glass -- was it the aerosol or the liquid?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

<HTML>I hate newspaper ...ink ect ect ect but if you want to know if your raggs are contam or you dilution is wrong"those who mix there own" newspaper is a way to find out!!!IG is great but it will streak too... under the same circumstances....as I described in above post.</HTML>
June 06, 2004 02:17AM
<HTML>I used the aerosal IG. I must say that I use Stoners Trim Shine, both types of Xenit, Tarminator, Carpet and Upholstery cleaner for headliners and ceilings, Speed Bead, and finally their medium grade compound, and find their products both excellent and easy to use. I sometimes even use their More Shine Less Time for tires on my own personal vehicles to change the look of the vehicles.</HTML>
June 06, 2004 02:55AM
<HTML>I used the aerosol, I tried three cans worth which lasted me a long time since I only do my own vehicles and i was never really satisfied. I'll try it again sometime. I do have better mfs since then and I keep to a strict regimen to never use my glass mfs with qds, polishes,etc and I always wash them separately from my other mfs.

Just a nuance of detailing that probably only needs some tweaking to get it down just right.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login