Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Interior Cleaner.....

Posted by Solo Con 
Interior Cleaner.....
June 01, 2004 01:32PM
<HTML>I have been reading a lot about different types of waxes, Tire cleaner, tools ect ect ect...

what about Interior cleaners? (Meaning the Dash and such)

what do you all use for the insides as a cleaner?

What about a dressing on the inside as well?

For a cleaner, it seems like I use a little bit of everything. thats why I am bringing this one up.</HTML>
Re: Interior Cleaner.....
June 01, 2004 05:47PM
<HTML>anyone?

(bump)</HTML>
June 01, 2004 07:02PM
<HTML>I am fairly new to detailing and I have learned a great deal from this forum. I currently use Simple Green 6:1 ratio to clean the vinyl within the interior. It cuts through the grease with no problem. I test a small inconspictious spot to make sure the color of the interior is not rubbing onto the towel. The interior is left unprotected but it is clean. I follow with a interior dressing that I received from the local car wash supply distributor. I find that it is best to spray the towel with dressing and apply it evenly, then buff off with a clean micro fiber towel. This leaves the area protected yet not to glossy. It's best not to spray the interior directly, unless the customer request a "high gloss".

I had an opportunity to educate a customer who hadn't had there interior detailed at all but telling her that I would spray the dressing directly to the surface to allow it to penetrate. I would then come back and buff out the excess. Each car is different, but most importantly you do not want to leave a glossy finish because it attracts dust and dirt. Besides you want to leave a professional appearance, not something that seems like you took vasaline and rub it into the surface. (I laugh while I say this b/c a customer did this to condition his leather sits. I advised him to simply go to an autopart store and pick up some leather cleaner and leather conditioner for his sits. I know this is off the subject but you learn alot from your customers and this forum. Good Cleaning to you.</HTML>
June 01, 2004 10:38PM
<HTML>Solo, I use Malco's Leather and Plastic cleaner for the interior.

I used to use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus, but the Malco product is just slightly better.

Jim.</HTML>
June 02, 2004 01:57AM
<HTML>For interior: dash, consols, door panels, vinyl, leather, carpeting seats, etc. I use Stoner's Xenit (blue can) for hand grease and heavy dirt, Stoner's APC for multi-uses, Auto Magic's Vinyl/Leather Cleaner, Auto Magic's Carpet Shampoo.

Soft Scrub non-chlorinated works great for removing heal, shoe and black scuff marks from kick panels and door sills.

For dressing I use Stoner's Trim Shine aerosol for vents and hard to reach areas. Auto Magic's Super-Dress It for the vinyl and plastic panels -- wiped off afyter letting sits for several minutes. Auto Magic's Leather Magic for the leather.

Stoner's Invisible Glass for windows and mirrors.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 03, 2004 03:02AM
<HTML>I've been experimenting with different interior products myself, and I know 3M's interior dressing is awesome, but I have to say for shine, I love Armor All! I don't know if its a bad product to be using or not though, its controversial... I've been scrubbing the interior with Auto Magic's Cleaner and using a light steel wool.

I highly recommend a special leather cleaner and protector for leather seats, otherwise these seats will start fading and cracking.

Just my two cents,
Anne</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login