Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Auto Magic Products

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
New Auto Magic Products
June 05, 2004 06:21PM
<HTML>Anyone try the new Auto Magic products and if so, what do you think of them?

Triple 7 (777) Cleaner
XP Swirl Remover
XP SynthetiCut
Banana Magic</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
BG
Re: New Auto Magic Products
June 06, 2004 03:52PM
<HTML>Hi Brian,

I just recently started looking into auto magic chemicals. I know that you're a firm believer in their products and wanted to know what products you have used and would recomend. I currently use some pro chemicals and pick up a few chemicals from an independent supplier that has a product bottled and labeled for him. Im always looking to try a few different lines and see what works the best. The local distributor here in South Fl is actually a furniture polish/ varnish distributor for a company called mohawk who just picked up the auto magic account due to their main distributor having a heart attack and has no idea about auto detailing or auto magic chemicals. Any info would be a appreciated....Sorry I couldn't help with your question about the new line if I pick some up I will let you know.....</HTML>
June 07, 2004 10:47AM
<HTML>Brian. i was going to ask you about the new products as the main auto magic guy here has been having problems with getting his supplies across the border It.s been like 5 weeks now!!!!!!!
He had some of his own samples but none for sale as yet</HTML>
June 07, 2004 01:24PM
<HTML>I have not tried those mentioned, but "AM" makes some good stuffsmiling smiley
Ya can' go wrong with Auto Magic, Malco, Presta line..., Ardex.

For carpet cleaning supplies, Steamway, Magic Wand, and Pro's Choice are top performers...</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
Gus
June 07, 2004 09:05PM
<HTML>I actually just converted us to AM from Car Brite. The products are similar and most of the stuff is 30-70% less expensive. We use both the syntheticut and swirl remover... they both work as expected. Their new Tornado tool is a good buy too... a neat little tool, if you have AM in your area I highly recommend checkin it out for about 120$. Saves us alot of time for headliners, nooks and crannies, and other light cleaning. Well worth the investment once you learn its caveats.</HTML>
June 07, 2004 09:07PM
<HTML>Whats the tornado tool?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 07, 2004 09:12PM
<HTML>I did hear from a few people that Auto Magic and Car Brite have basically identical chemicals.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 08, 2004 12:05AM
<HTML>I tried the Banana Magic and I really like it. It goes on and comes off very easy, and like the advertise the product, very little dust.I can't tell you about the durability yet, as I have only had it on my van for a month now, but so far it is holding up nice.

Regards,

J.C. Laughlin
Mobile Auto Wash and Detail, Inc.</HTML>
June 08, 2004 12:45PM
<HTML>Brian I have been using the XP swirl remover/ with wax for about a month now which is pretty darn good. I bought it b/c it was new and I was out of BC-2 and it works alot better. Now for the rest of the products banana wax, Triple 7 (777) Cleaner, synthetic cut, i havent tried it yet. I still have 10 gallons of concentrate of red hot, I have 5 gallons of Creamy cutter from PRO, so buying it was not it mind yet. If you try it let us know.</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
Gus
June 08, 2004 01:26PM
<HTML>The tornado tool is basically a "gun" with a resevoir for cleaning solution
(stuff made for tornado they say - but its cheap - about 40 bucks for 5 gallons). Anyway it runs on compressed air and "blows" the cleaner onto the surface and has a unique nose (and something in the nose (nose is about 8" long) which creates a small "tornado effect". In essence, it sprays cleaner and the tornado effect picks up small debris and dirt. Excellent tool for headliners, relatively clean carpets, nooks and crannies dash, vents.
It also has a valve which controls amount of solution/air. So you can basically run anywhere from 100% solution (heavy cleaning/detergent) to 100% air (drying blowing dust). Its neat.

There are some minuses tho, its not a cure all. The tornado effect collects much (but not all) of the debris in the snout. The snout also has a carb, so when the snout is full of debris it tends to shout it out the side (must be kept clean - even while working). The last thing Ive noticed so far, is it wont "pick up" much bigger than say sand sized debris (only so much suction).

I generally vaccuum the vehicle completely first (so it doesnt blow the other dirt around) and then use it for hard to reach spaces and headliners... also very good with cloth seats... for $120 I consider it a good investment. I plan on buying another since it such a time saver.

Sorry about the description... I can try better if its not too clear to anyone.

Goose</HTML>
June 08, 2004 06:50PM
<HTML>We have also been testing out the Tornado for the past 6 weeks and paid about $90 with a gallon of chemical.

We have found it useful in some detailing applications. In nooks, crannies, between seats, did not clean some vents as well as I would like.

I have used it on extremely dirty areas of carpeting around foot pedals to help remove embedded soiling…would suggest that one has to surround the tornado with a towel as it will splash all the debris from the carpet all over the underside of the dash. I believe its best application is between seats, seat tracks, map pockets, center console, cup holders (again cover the tornado with a towel) as you have debris splashing all over the console.

Suggest care when using this tool as the force can remove peeling plastic, re-painted leather and can leave half circle marks if you put the tool too close to the substrate being cleaned.

I would certainly not recommend it for cleaning a headliner as the moisture and force would be too much for a delicate fabric.

My favorite application is plain water to spray down the seats, door panels for final wipe.

Caution …care and masks should be used when using the tornado to disperse chemicals…Since I did not feel that cleaning chemical provided was adequate enough I substituted a chemical that I use frequently… but atomized it made me dizzy, burned my throat and chest and had a general ill feeling.

If you already use an air hose…the tornado is not a must have tool.</HTML>
BG
June 09, 2004 10:34PM
<HTML>Just picked up some 777 cleaner . I will let you know how it works i plan on usingit tomorrow</HTML>
June 10, 2004 04:20AM
<HTML>I'm just getting started w/ AM. So far, their leather/vinyl cleaner is great. Spray on, let it dwell a few minutes, wipe w/ mf & dirt (even ground in stuff) comes right off. For heavy soiling, a second application may be required. Their leather conditioner is the best I've used so far. It really softens the leather & leaves a nice rich luster, not that high shine look. Makes the leather look & smell like new. It's got lots of lanolin in it.

Also, I used Red Hot on my tires & wheels (Ford Ranger) today. Wow!!! Does that stuff clean great!! This is the first thorough washing I've given my truck since last fall. I've taken it through the $2 drive through, but no extra wheel cleaning, so my wheels were covered w/ brake dust & my tires were just filthy!! So, I sprayed on the RH & it kind of foamed up & the dirt on the tires just started dripping off...solid brown. The same for the wheels. The dust just started melting off the wheel. I scrubbed with my tire & wheel brush, rinsed with the power washer & everything was clean. I did do a 2nd app on the wheels as the dust was real severe & I used a small detail brush to get in the nooks of the wheel & the black stuff came right off. Rinsed & the wheels look brand-spankin new. I'm totally sold on these products and can't wait to try some of the other stuff in the AM line!!!</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
June 10, 2004 05:36AM
<HTML>Rod,

Leather Magic is the best leather conditioner I've ever used! You're right about the new feel and smell to it -- not that greasy look or petroleum smell from some other dressings. Really smells like leather.

Red Hot is some awesome degreaser but as the name call for, it's very hot -- meaning extremely powerful but can stain paint. I know what you mean about the brown juice and crud dripping off the tires with this chemical. Not bad for $35 for 5 gallons! How much did you pay for it?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 10, 2004 11:26AM
<HTML>Rod , try their special cleaner.... its great stuff...
still waiting on A M stuff to cross the border arrrrr!!!
Tried the leather conditioner but i,ll stick to my lexol ;-)</HTML>
June 11, 2004 01:33AM
<HTML>Brian-I'll have to dig up my receipts & let you know. I think it was $6.95/gallon. Certainly no more than $7.95. I bought a gallon of it, which equals 2 gallons of product because of the 1:1 dilution ratio.

The first time I used their vinyl/leather cleaner, I diluted it 5:1 and it did a great job. I told the rep about it and he said "Uh...you can dilute it if you'd like, but it's designed to be used at full strength." D-OH!! I'll tell ya'...I'll never dilute it again. That stuff is amazing at full strength. It just laughs at grease & dirt that's worked into the grain of the vinyl or leather. If it could talk, it would say "Yawn. You woke me up for THIS!!! Try to find something to challenge me...I dare ya'. No, I double-dog dare ya'!!!"

Pro-I'll have to check out some of the special cleaner. What kind of stuff do you use it on?</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
June 23, 2004 04:38PM
<HTML>If you want to try some of the best chemicals try Stinger they are just as good if not better than Carbrite or Auto Magic but are usually 30 - 40% less They always ship out in a timely manner. They are not as nationally know as the other two but it won't be long!!!!!
Send me an email if you have any questions</HTML>
June 23, 2004 08:00PM
<HTML>That's a name I haven't hear in a long time. I ued to get their catalog back in 1998.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login