Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detailing Cars that have protection packages

Posted by Jim Hammill 
Detailing Cars that have protection packages
June 08, 2004 04:00AM
<HTML>This scenario came up at work the other day, and I need some advice.

A vehicle came in that had a Total Protection Package applied to it at another dealership when the vehicle was purchased. This vehicle had lots of tar, road paint etc on the front fender and the bottom of the doors . The interior was heavily stained on the carpets and on the seats. The vehicle is 18 months old. I have read , and stand to be corrected if wrong , that when you use an extractor to clean the carpets and seats , that you actually remove (or weaken )the interior stain protector, and that the solvents that you use to remove tar and paint will also remove the paint sealant. This is an Armour-All package. All the stains that were in the seats came out no problem.

How do you present this to the customer that the $5-700 protection package that they had applied was removed during the cleaning process and will need to be reapplied ?

Thanks .

Jim</HTML>
Re: Detailing Cars that have protection packages
June 08, 2004 04:46AM
<HTML>Good question Jim.

My guess would be to say nothing and reapply the protection package. Labor is the same price and chemicals differ but not much more in price. I'd look at it as an investment -- $5-10 worth of product and keeping the customer happy is much better than saving $5-10 and having an angry customer.

Explain what a Total Protection Package includes, what maintenance is needed and since her car was trashed that cleaning and detailing it will remove what was once applied but that you'd reapply it free of charge (of course you charge for the detailing but not the protection products.) But then again, tell them to keep up after the car and clean it once in awhile! :-)

That's what I'd do in that situation.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login