Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hazing

Posted by oli 
oli
Hazing
June 10, 2004 03:28PM
<HTML>I had forgotten that using the DACP with the burgundy pad caused hazing, which had happen on my new black car. To take out the hazing and bring back the deep dark shine, what should I hit it with? I have tried the PC and DACP but still looked much the same. I do own the PC and a rotary, and have had good results using both on a dark green explorer with clear coat, but going to the black car is a different story, I guess I am not as good as I thought.
Thanks</HTML>
Re: Hazing
June 11, 2004 12:00AM
<HTML>You need to follow up DACP with #9 swirl remover polish with a polishing pad. Also when using DACP make sure that you work it in real good with your PC until its dry - this will help with the hazing. Set your PC to 4 to spread the product then crank it up to 5.5 our even 6 to work it in. I</HTML>
June 11, 2004 01:37AM
<HTML>Perhaps it would be in your best interest to understand what the "hazing" you are observing, really is.

If you use a lighted, 30X magnifer, you could possibly observe that the product or method, produced some very fine "micro marring" in the paint surface.

Easy to check, with the magnifier and some rubbing alcohol, clean the surface, allowing the rubbing alcohol to "dwell/set" long enough to break down the "oils/pdms" in the product so it may be removed, wipe clean with another soft cloth.

Let the surface have a few minutes to finish evaporating away the residue and look at it again.

One thing, many do not know or aware of how to use a lighted 30X magnifier, and do not experience the true value of the insturment.

You "must place the magnifier directly on the paint/clear surface and focus it.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HOLD IT AWAY FROM THE PAINT/CLEAR SURFACE.

As you adjust the focus, you should observe the minor marring that a product or even the towels have created in the surface.

That is what a "haze" you are seeing really is.

Imperfections in the paint film surface.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
oli
June 11, 2004 03:20PM
<HTML>I agree it is surface micro scratching, I could see it when I look at it real close. I was able to take it out with DACP and the PC set at 5 and worked it till the product was gone or at least looked like there was no more product on the surface.
I have some FINESSIT II MACHINE GLAZE, at what point should I use this product, before, after or in place of DACP or perhaps not at all?
Thanks</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login