Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss vs Meguiars NXT?

Posted by Steve Bough 
<HTML>Hey, Guys...

I follow another board (mostly hobbyists, not detailers making a living at it) and there's been quite a bit of discussion about the merits of the new Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss.

I went to the local AutoZone today and there was TW Ultra Gloss and Megs NXT. I didn't buy either but, reading the descriptions on the bottles, the results should be nearly identical.

I looked through the old posts here and read the "filler or not" discussion on the NXT so I don't really want to go back down that road.

The biggest difference I saw was that the Turtle Wax was about half price of the NXT.

Any opinions one way or the other?
.</HTML>

Re: Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss vs Meguiars NXT?
June 11, 2004 12:08AM
<HTML>IMHO these types of "the next big thing" product are all hype and little performance. I have heard good things about NXT from people who use mostly meguiars products and I am sure you will find people who will swear by this new turtle wax product. However, as a professional detailer AND an enthusiast with my personal cars I would look past the marketing and just find the best product that works for your needs. That may be the cheaper turtle wax or may be the ultra expensive "boutique" wax because it makes you feel superior to use a high priced product. I simply use the product that yields the best results for me and that happens to be the Autoglym (Norton) group of polishes and waxes and Finishing wax from Valugard. Reason being they produce results that are beyond the expectations of myself and my clientelle. It's all about choice!</HTML>

June 11, 2004 01:20AM
<HTML>Ive used the new Turtle Wax and I find it similar to NXt, Gold Class . It gives a great finish and seems to last about as long as NXT . I also tried the new Turtle Spray Detailer and I found it one of the better detailers out their.</HTML>
<HTML>Scotty said it perfectly! Nice Pic and write up in the latest carwash/detailing ragg...its nice to put a face with the opinions!Must be great to work with your dad in the later years and think off all he taught you about growing up....Mine is retiring this year so I hope to have the same chance soon as he is a car nut!!!</HTML>
June 12, 2004 01:17AM
<HTML>Yeah working with my Dad was the best thing that ever happened to me (although we fought like dogs the first couple of years). If you have the chance I recommend it for the friendship more than anything else. My Dad was my best friend and not many people can say that about a parent these days.</HTML>

<HTML>AMEN!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login