Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

websites in Spanish

Posted by Jim Hammill 
websites in Spanish
June 19, 2004 02:27AM
<HTML>I need some input on an idea for making a mirror site for the association, written in Spanish .

Good idea or not , think there is a need for it ?

Jim.</HTML>
Re: websites in Spanish
June 19, 2004 02:48AM
<HTML>Jim, I and my company believe that having a website or catalogs, informational materials in both English and Spanish is a must in the world we operate in today.

We are working on this very issue as I type this.

Not just because we do a great amount of business in Hispanic speaking nations, but because the tremedous amount of Latino's who are working in the new vehicle preperation and reconditioning industry today.

Most do not have English skills, but are the one's who use our products.

Time for many to open their eyes and stop the "you aren't speaking English so the hell with you" mind set.

It is a fact of business today, in this industry, those of the Latino heritage are a fact of life and not going away.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
June 19, 2004 02:56AM
<HTML>" but because the tremedous amount of Latino's who are working in the new vehicle preperation and reconditioning industry today"

This is the thinking behind the idea Ron, thanks !

Jim.</HTML>
June 19, 2004 05:47AM
<HTML>If they can't speak english they should learn.

I see no advantage to having the site in Spanish unless your going world wide with it.

Also, the techs in the field that can't speak, read, write english problaby arn't using the internet either.

I posted my help wanted post in spanish to draw attention to the fact that I can't seem to find (or at least I am have a tuff time) quality help.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
June 19, 2004 03:16PM
<HTML>Joe, Automotive International is "global', plus we make so many private label products for automotive manufacturers in Spanish speaking nations, it is very necessary for us to move in that direction.

Another thing we are exploring is to produce some limited printed as well as internet material in the number one spoken lanquage of the world.

This lanquage is spoken by people in the largest emerging market in the world, so Chinese is going to be the next move by many smaller companies.

Ketch</HTML>

June 19, 2004 06:34PM
<HTML>It's a very good idea Jim. Not to sound stereotypical or anything but here in NJ, the worforce of detailers at carwashes and dealershps are Hispanic and Russian/Ukranian.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 19, 2004 07:53PM
<HTML>Hispanic and Russian/Ukrainian, great.

I know a Japanese guy that details and a French guy also. Don't forget to put the site in those languages to.

Also, We Cubans speak a little different than Mexicans. Just like Americans and English speak a little different (bonnet or hood , for example)

So make sure you get the web site done in all the dialects.

Am I making my point?

We complain about no standardization in the detailing field but we want a web-site with no standard language.

I don't see the benefit.</HTML>

June 19, 2004 10:20PM
<HTML>Joe,

What is wrong with providing a mirror site for non-English speaking detailers and business owners. This association is for other countries as well, not just the United States.

And if we gave a mirror site for other languages, that means more members, which means more money for the association, which means more to offer to members.

See my point?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 19, 2004 10:40PM
<HTML>If you are going global with the assoc. then go for it.

But if is USA only, English only.</HTML>

June 20, 2004 01:32AM
<HTML>Spanish is tough but then so is English.

Castillian is the base, the universally accepted Spanish.

Whether from Cuba, Mexico, Spain, or even Puerto Rico, not much different than here in the US with the regional variations, ever try to communicate with a kid from Harlem or a backs wood's Georgia guy?

Some people seem to forget one of the main reason that America is great, and where "we" all came from, unless an American Indian, we came from all over and that will continue to be.

Joe's argument doesn't hold water when we stop to consider the lanquage of those "real native American's", since there were many tribes and many lanquages practiced by them for thousands of years before the rest of us got here.

Ketch</HTML>

June 20, 2004 03:32AM
<HTML>Thanks for the reminder Ketch.

We need the new web-site in all the "American Indian" tongues as well.

We can have an auto detailers pow wow sometime.</HTML>

June 20, 2004 12:49PM
<HTML>Joe, it is unfortunate that you see the issue as you do.

However, that is your right as an American.

Ketch</HTML>

June 20, 2004 03:20PM
<HTML>Ketch, I was thinking the same about you- it is unfortunate that you see the issue as you do.

Happy Fathers day jus the same - God Bless America !</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login