Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mytee extractor lemon

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Mytee extractor lemon
June 23, 2004 08:05PM
<HTML>I'm very curious to know if anyone is experiencing a lot of problems with their extractor like I am. Today my heating element went on my extractor which really pissed me off since I bought this thing back in November 2003.

This past January I had to ship it back to San Diego to have the pump replaced. Two months later the tank strap breaks off and then a week later a castor wheel falls off. The adjustable handle won't stay up when tightened and now the heater just went.

Anyone else have these problems with your extractor? Or did I just receive a lemon. Are there any laws regarding continuous defective equipment?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Mytee extractor lemon
June 23, 2004 09:53PM
<HTML>Brian,

As I don't own one, I can't say I had problems with it. I know of many compaines that have a "3 strike your out" lemon policy. Meaning if it gets sent back 3 times over a year, they will replace what ever it is being send back.

Who did you buy it from? Retail? Online? Who ever the case may be, look into it.</HTML>
June 24, 2004 12:02AM
<HTML>I had the same problem but with the Duramaid machine. If you bought it from a respectable company they should do the right thing and either replace it or refund your money.</HTML>
June 24, 2004 12:37AM
<HTML>Mark

I have a Duramaid are you still having problems with it?</HTML>
June 24, 2004 12:39AM
<HTML>brian I bought a mytee 3.5 gallon hot water unit,it didnt work out of the box,pump was dead. I sent it back to san diego,and they sent another but the pump works intermittingly and so I now need a part on the trigger to get it to work right.sorry i bought the piece of crap,i soon will be looking for a differnt brand since im expecting the pump to go ,they warranty it for a year and that is about when they die,got mine last july</HTML>
June 24, 2004 01:16AM
<HTML>Jorge,

I finally asked the retailer to buy it back from me and they did with no problem. Matter of fact, they stopped carrying the Duramaid line because of to many problems with their extractors. The company I am referring to is Proper Auto Care. Great people and great company!!</HTML>
June 24, 2004 01:21AM
<HTML>Frederico,

I had the same problem with my 3 gal. Mytee. Guess we have the same one. Let me see, you bought yours from Rightlook too? The pump wasn't working correctly then it just died. If a lot of you may recall, I posed about my extractor problems back in November.

Maybe Mytee had a bad production line or they just don't like Italians >;-)</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 24, 2004 03:17AM
<HTML>Brian,

I have heard many detailers complain about their Mytee units.....ESPECIALLY when it comes time to get work done on it. If you are not near a authorized dealer/repair place then you might as well forget it.

I have though heard great things about the Sensei units. I might get one myself but my little Century 400 is working just fine.

As for Durmaid, that little unit sucks. I tested it out for a guy and it was just lame.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
June 24, 2004 03:25AM
<HTML>The repair shop is over an hour away -- Hanover, NJ. I just want to send it back, get a refund and buy one from Bud.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 24, 2004 03:28AM
<HTML>I'll take pics and try to post them on here to show what it looks like with the few defects (caster missing, lid strap warped, etc.)</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

June 24, 2004 10:51AM
<HTML>I have been using the ninja by esteem made here in canada the worlds # 1 portable extractor for years at my old shop back in the late eighties and now for my mobile operation .Never had a problem......</HTML>
June 24, 2004 01:28PM
<HTML>Hey Guys, if you don't like a certain line of equipment, you better get in writing from whom you purchase your next unit from,who in fact made this that or the other. I was in Columbus,Ohio and stopped by a detail shop to talk with the owner. The Extractor subject came up,as I saw his. He directed me to a dealer several blocks away. What I found that there seems to be several units for sale,and several different sizes,as you all already know. They are made by the same company,but they use a different window dressing per company that distributes them to the dealers. You guys may want to ask Bud who makes his, or Ron Ketchum,as I'll guarantee you that he'll tell you how it is, and who is,and who isn't full of Bullsh!t. The dealer saleman said they have very good luck with Century Products for the Detailers,as they sold and stocked about an even 1/2 dozen different Extractors,and vacuum cleaning units,along with a host of other carpet equipment.
Kinda like Sears does, puts their name on a certain type of washer or dryer.The main thing I'm looking at is getting parts and service,as I guess you are as well. I don't want to spend the friggin time trying to be a Extractor Mechanic, as Bud was telling me how easy it was to replace this that or the other on his units in case something fails.... Brandy!</HTML>
June 24, 2004 03:19PM
<HTML>Brian:

Check into the the THERMAX EXTRACTORS CP-12. Own one for seven year has a limited lifetime warranty also I never use soap [ extractor shampoo] in the solution tank only a RINSE agent

Sorry for the bad luck, I would return and ask for my $$$$$$$ back GOOD LUCK</HTML>
June 24, 2004 09:39PM
<HTML>Sounds like the same as people that "relabel" and "repackage" a chemical and call it their own...

I have a Mytee and have never had any problems with it..., but of course I do not run soap, shampoo or other chimicals through it and only follow the manufacturers operating suggestionssmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
June 24, 2004 10:53PM
<HTML>Mark

I purchase my Deramaid from Rightlook.</HTML>
June 24, 2004 11:05PM
<HTML>New Again, I have been using Thermax for a couple of years with no problems.

The CP5 and the CP12 are good machines, expensive but good .

Jim.</HTML>
June 25, 2004 01:15AM
<HTML>I bought the Python extractor from Bud and so far it's been problem free. I think it's a Mytee HP-60 built for DetailPlus.</HTML>
June 25, 2004 02:10AM
<HTML>The only thing that this old dog knows is what "really" makes an extractor unit work.

The pump and the heating element, other than those two working components, it is all marketing.

Mytee was one of the best units out there, but based upon the feedback I have been getting for the last 6 or so months, they must have decided to use a different pump unit supplier.

Just think about it, take the unit apart, talk with others who have been using these types of units for more than a year or two.

What is the manufacturer of the pump, the heating element.

Does anyone really think that small companies who market these units can afford the start up, tooling, engineering, etc that is required to make the most important parts of the units?

Just a thought, after all, it takes a lot of suppliers of components to produce a hard goods product.

After all, none of the vehicle manufacturers make all the parts that go into a new vehicle, they "out source" a very large part of what gets off the assembly line on to the dealers lots.

The same with these kinds of equipment.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
June 25, 2004 12:44PM
<HTML>Guys, I was at the local City Fire Station helping to tech and weigh in the Soap Box Racer Cars for our up coming Summer Kick Off event,and across the alley from the Fire Station was garage that did Detailing work for an Upper end used car lot. I happen to see the extractor that he was using and it was a Mytee-100. The Detailer said that he uses this unit everyday and has for the last 4 + years,and with the exception of a leaking internal hose, he hasn't had any problems what so ever. He also does a vinegar/water Douch on it once per week. He also said, that he has only used the Extractor Shampoo on the machine,and at times used a softened clear water rinse, probably only a total of a dozen times just rinse. He said that he felt that the Shampoo was better removed, using the Extractor shampoo,as per the Manifacturer suggestion. I was telling him about the Detailing Forum,and what items that are discussed. He said that he used to work in a Toyota Dealership,that also had/used a Mytee-100 and no problems,and nothing but good luck. So there you go!, you can get a lemon with any of them......................... Brandy !</HTML>
June 25, 2004 03:22PM
<HTML>Brian, a friend of mine reuns an equipment rental store in Ashland,Ky. I noticed that he had a Thermax extractor on the showroom floor. It was one of the units that Jim Hammell was talking about. It was a CP-12. My friend said that they have never had any problems with exception of replacing a set of "O" rings in the hoses every now and then. His Mechanic came into the show room wihile we were discussing the extractor issue. He did say that he replaced a heating element in one of the cp-3 units that a customer said that was his fault, and not the equipments fault. I don't know if that helps, but 2nd opinion on what Jim was saying about the Trimax equipment............ Brandy !</HTML>
June 26, 2004 03:52AM
<HTML>It was delivered to me on November 4th, 2004 from Rightlook.com. Stephen Powers said he do everything he can to get it running right again. Thing is though, I spent a lot of money on it and already have other problems besides the heating element. Do you think they'd replace it for a new one, so I don't have to send it out for repairs? This will be the 2nd send out in 7 months.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login