Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AIR WAND BLOWER TO DRY CARS

Posted by Bud Abraham 
AIR WAND BLOWER TO DRY CARS
June 27, 2004 04:29AM
<HTML>Want your opinion on a new product we are considering releasing to the market. It will be called an AIR WAND which is a patented wand attachment that is designed to fit on one particular brand of leaf blower because it has the amps and velocity to literally strip the water off a car in seconds.

Personally, I have dried a car with this apparatus in less than 5 minutes.

First would you detailers be interested in such a product? Why? Or why not?

What would you be willing to pay for the Wand; Hose and Blower?

Thanks for your help on this. We marketing informationt to know what the industry wants.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: AIR WAND BLOWER TO DRY CARS
June 27, 2004 04:41AM
<HTML>Bud,

If it saves time and labor then the investment s worth it.

Is this an electric leaf blower? Today, I used my Hoover wet/dry vac's blower with a skinny fitting and it took me 15 minutes to dry the car (including inside wheel wells and cowl area, etc.)

If electric, maybe $125-$150.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 27, 2004 06:56AM
<HTML>It must be ELECTRIC....to be able to use indoors(with no exhaust fumes)

I would just be ONLY interested a inexpensive plastic "wand attachment" that included a universal adaptor that would allow it to fit on any BRAND blower (not one particular brand only,that you sell to fit the wand)BUT any BRAND(of MY choice & price without the shipping charges) a electric leaf blower that produces enough amps/velocity to strips the water of the car QUICKLY without contact to the surface.

This would be a step-saver for the detail tech. providing A MOBILE blower dryer....like the AIR BLOWERS car washes use to dry vehicles....but a hand-held version thats strong enough to dry a surface COMPLETELY very QUICKLY.

But it would HAVE to be a lightweight and inexpesive "wand attachment" ONLY ,I'm not INTERESTED in purchasing the ELECTRIC BLOWER(would prefer to buy that local to save on shipping & overall price.)

LET ME KNOW.....</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
June 27, 2004 11:54AM
<HTML>Bud,

You and I have went "round & round" about using a leaf blower..., you have been totally against it..., why the sudden change of mind?</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
June 27, 2004 01:25PM
<HTML>I think a device like that would be handy for getting the water out of the cracks and crevices. At the carwash our tunnel has a 9-nozzle 90 horsepower blower system that dries the car in about 20 seconds, but it still cannot get the water out of the mirrors or door handles completely. For that we use air pressure guns by hand. Without using some kind of air purging, you cannot get a car bone dry. When the customer drives off, water is going to come out of somewhere and mess up a good detail job.</HTML>
June 27, 2004 04:01PM
<HTML>The 6.5 hp detachable blower from ridgid wet/dry works great as i have made my own fittings to use with it .A guy from canada had a auto dry blower a couple of years ago but i wasn,t impressed
.Another thing is you need a good one like the ridgid to work any good
It has 380 k wind speed if i recall. Great all around vac, a little big 16g but never lets me down just bought a new fine dust filter today at home depot for it.
I made a special adapter on the exhaust port of my ninja extractor which i attach a 15 foot hose ,which i can put on different size attachments.
It blows the heated air from the dual motors and the blowing power is amazing to say the least,i use it for drying interiors when needed as a well</HTML>
June 27, 2004 05:16PM
<HTML>Gary:

Thank you for the input. I would agree with what you say having been in the carwash industry for 35 years.

Regards
Bud a</HTML>

buda
June 27, 2004 05:21PM
<HTML>Wayne:

You seem to go "round and round" with a lot of people from your point of view. I do not believe I go "round and round" with you, I just disagree with some of the things you say.

As for the leaf blower you might have me mixed up with someone else as I do not believe I have ever expressed an opinion on this subject since I have never used one for blowing a car dry.

However, when the engineer who developed the special "wand" that attaches to ONLY a WEEDEATER leaf blower showed me what it would do I was totally and completely impressed.

The wand is just what it is. You wave it over the surface of the car and it literally strips the water right off. You can have a hood striped of water in two or three passes which takes only seconds to do.

Sure you do not have me mixed up with someone else, somewhere else that you disagreed with?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 27, 2004 05:34PM
<HTML>The patented wand and hose are separate from the blower which is electric. However, not all leaf blowers will provide the velocity needed to ge the maximum air flow needed to get the best result from the Air Wand.

I have sold the Wand and Hose as a separate attachment, but will not guarantee the results since we cannot control the blower. The wand was designed for use with a 12amp WEEDEATER.

What is inexpensive? $5.00? $25? $75. Does it not depend on the time savings you enjoy? Time is money as they say.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 27, 2004 05:46PM
<HTML>It is electric and will dry the car in minutes. It is designed to work with a WEEDEATER leaf blower due to velocity it generates.

Like chemicals the wand was specially engineered to deliever maximum wind velocity, that is all I know and that it works.

The price point, with blower is in your range.

Keep in eye on my website, it will be there shortly.

Bud Abraham
www.detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
June 27, 2004 06:10PM
<HTML>Bud;

Is there any water spots after you blow the car off?</HTML>

A.T.
<HTML>Funny how things just pop up. I was drying the suv this morning before church and decided to just use an express wax but needed to blow all water holding areas before applying wax. With air compressor takes to much time so bigger must be better, got leafblower but only for cracks around trim/handles/mirrors/lights works great however can the product give me a dry car top and bottom without using cal wtr blade and/or some sort of toweling. Please advise. Thanks in advance Darryl Lewis.</HTML>
June 28, 2004 03:55AM
<HTML>First, you only get water spots from hard water. If the water in your area is hard and you leave it on the car it will spot.

If you get all the water off the car with the Air Wand then you should not have any spots.

Caution---if the car is driven immediately after being dried and there is still water in the door, etc and it blows out as the car is driven it could spot the car later.

This is a problem that automatic carwashes have. The car is blow dried and then hand dried and yet because of the water in the cracks and crevices they get spotting from hard water that blows out of these areas.

That is why many washes are using spot free rinse systems (reverse osmosis systems).

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 28, 2004 04:03AM
<HTML>Darrell:

From everything I have done with the Air Wand I would say YES, that it can dry the car completely if used correctly. And, it does it fast, literally strips the water off the car's body.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 28, 2004 04:48AM
<HTML>What is inexpensive? $5.00? $25? $75. Does it not depend on the time savings you enjoy? Time is money as they say.

Regards
Bud Abraham
buda

You set the price.....AND I'll tell you if i'm interetsed in purchasing it from you.

It mainly it depends if you can offer this product to me cheaper(with shipping) than I can make my own "air wand" attachment.Seams like I could purchacse some standard fittings / hoses and make my own.....good idea........THANKS !</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login