Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Paint overspray removal wipes

Posted by Scott Perkin 
Paint overspray removal wipes
June 28, 2004 03:45PM
<HTML>I thought I should fire off a post on a product I recently tried that will be extremely helpful for anyone needing to remove stubborn paint overspray or the like. The product comes in a container somewhat similar to "baby wipes" and you pull one sheet out at a time. The "wipe" is then used to completely wipe down the area containing the overspray and the overspray will subsequently be removed. I recently picked up a package of these in the course of buying supplies for the painting side of my business and thought "what the hell". These things kick ass. I pulled road paint off the side of a dodge ram including inside the wheelwells in less than 15 min. That's a job that would have normally taken a LONG time so needless to say I was impressed. I was even more impressed that I could use the wipes to remove the road paint from textured plastic with no adverse affects! The only stipulation is that the area must be flushed with water immediately after finishing to neutralize the product. I am not at the shop so I can't post the name of the product but I would imagine you could get them at any good bodyshop supply store.</HTML>

Re: Paint overspray removal wipes
June 28, 2004 06:12PM
<HTML>Hey Scotty, please come back and give us the name of this product. I used some "ZEP" products similar to what you are using, or at least they sound similar. The "ZEP" stuff smell like orange peel,or the like. I would like to try some anyway.......................:-) Brandy !</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login