Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PDTA on TV ?

Posted by Jim Hammill 
PDTA on TV ?
June 29, 2004 01:49AM
<HTML>Exciting news from PDTA!

Today we discussed the idea of broadcasting a "Car Care" show aimed at educating people in the importance of caring for the modern car and having their vehicle regularly detailed by a professional detailer with a public TV station.

It may be a one-off show, or even just a segment. If things go really well, perhaps a small series would develop.

We really want this to happen as we see many advantages:

Other members of the association would receive copies of the video. They could then take them to their local stations and attempt to get them running on “local” segments.

Perhaps more importantly, mobile detailers would be able to use this to during the quiet periods, i.e. winter, to promote their business for the busy season. Best of all, this would be a free service.

We will keep you updated as things progress.

Jim Hammill</HTML>
Re: PDTA on TV ?
June 29, 2004 02:55AM
<HTML>wonderful idea!!</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Re: PDTA on TV ?
June 29, 2004 03:38AM
<HTML>Beautiful! Got your email earlier Jim -- great deal!

We have a local TV station here that focuses just on the Mercer County news so I shall be in contact with them once the segment comes out. They always do promos like that.

Started my "High End Detailing DVD" today so maybe they'll play bits of that!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Grumpies placetongue sticking out smileyDTA on TV ?
June 29, 2004 01:13PM
<HTML>I think we should have a show set up like the Orange County Choppers Show. We'll get Ron "Grumpy" Ketchum to be the father figure. Then Ron can pick the rest of the casts. Wonder who'll be "Numb Nuts"???... :-) Brandy !</HTML>

Thanks Webb Master for getting me back on Line!.....Brandy
June 30, 2004 12:34AM
<HTML>Brandy, you have never been to the shop that we have for the PrepExcellence School, also our "Tech Center" for testing, etc,so you have no idea of how close you are.

It is not just a "detailing" shop, but over in one corner is all my tools, from a big roll around full of air cutters, grinders, impacts, etc, but also mig, stick and gas welder, etc.

It would work, nice an big, "clean" all the time, even when doing a school, we keep everyone "cleaning" as much as possible.

And, yes, I am "Paul Sr." so hang onto your shorts if you show up!

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
June 30, 2004 01:48AM
<HTML>Thanks Grumpy, I am looking forward to seeing you, and your shop. The equipment that you discussed sounds we have some common ground. I mutch admire your directness, reminds me of my old Supervisors, and not like the Ass Kissers,and who's gonna be my next Boss of todays Vintage. Brandy !
Grump, are you always at the classes?</HTML>
June 30, 2004 01:59AM
<HTML>Not always, since some times I am out of the country working with various vehicle manufactuers on issues or our distributors.

When I am in, I do the majority of the 8 hour class room, over 400 slides to take one from the way vehicles were first built, painted, the trim, the interiors, engines, how they have changed, to understanding the "real automotive business and how to deal with the vehicle manufacturers customers who may now be yours, and why and how they created that mind set.

We do some "understanding of what your role is in the industry and how to make that work to your advantage" sort of thing.

I guess it is so involved that very hard to present it all here, let's just say that we challenge those who are operating a detail business, to think as a professional business person.

We go on and on and on, much as I do here, so I do get a bit off the subject once in a while, just to keep you all awake.

If I am not there, Tim Brune does the whole thing.

If I am there, I go out in the "hands on training" area and get in Tim's way a lot.

I love the term "state of mass confusion", just sort of makes me feel good.

So, I like to create "mass confusion" whenever possible, plus keeps everyone on their toes.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
June 30, 2004 06:53AM
<HTML>A tremendous Idea!
Many of the children's and special interest stories have been taken over by the local cable access stations. These are open to the public, sicne it is our tax dollars which keep them running.
Local cable stations are thristing for new innovative programming ideas. Also, maybe some of the local cable access stations can put together a small segment or piece on Detailing business, Fixed vs. Mobile and how they differ. Clientelle reactions fromrecieving their cars in such prostine fashion, etc......

GodSpeed!</HTML>

&quot;Automotive Detailing with a Passion!&quot;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login