Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Aquapel

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Aquapel
July 02, 2004 05:52AM
<HTML>Anyone know how much the Aquapel treatments for professionals cost? Looking to add it to my "Precision Protection Package" but can't seem to find a price online.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Aquapel
July 02, 2004 06:08AM
<HTML>Scotty Perkin offers this service on his website....maybee he can assist you?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
July 02, 2004 12:12PM
<HTML>I get mine from a company called Service Champ out of Chalfont, PA. The toll free number is 800.221.0216 and my rep is Pete DiThomas at extension 130.

They come in a case with 24 applicators. Very easy to apply and seems to be pretty good stuff.

Service Champ has 3 or 4 different price tiers depending on how you pay (credit card, COD, check by phone, etc). I use the check by phone option (the lowest price) and a case is $93.84 ($3.91 per application).

Service Champ ships very quickly and pays the freight on orders over $250. Since the Aquapel was my first order, Pete waived the shipping charges on the case. Tell him Steve from The Shine Shop in Jasper, Indiana sent ya (like that'll make a big difference!).</HTML>

July 02, 2004 12:19PM
<HTML>Paul Apollonia at www.autoappearancesinc.com, sells it too I believe.

Jim.</HTML>
July 02, 2004 01:28PM
<HTML>Jim:

Thanks for the mention.

This product kicks butt!!! By far the best treatment I have ever used.
It lasts for months.

The two most important steps of application are:

PPG has great support on this product [www.ppg.com]

Make sure you get that windshield super clean prior to application.
Many people use Boraxo to clean their winsdshield!

Just make sure that you get it real clean!!!

DO NOT TRY TO DO ALL THE WINDOWS WITH ONE APPLICATOR!!!!!
One applicator per average car windshield.

If the customer wants all the windows done. I would use 2 to 3

There are also many in home uses for this product:

I have several customers that use it for their glass shower stalls.

Paul</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
July 02, 2004 01:45PM
<HTML>You could alwyas hunt around on Ebay too. Sometimes I hear there's a pretty good deal to be had</HTML>
July 02, 2004 06:53PM
<HTML>The price of $93.00 + is a great price, it is wholesale.

I sold this when it first came out and had bad luck with the results. It went on OK on my car but did not work well after a few weeks.

Then applying it to people in our office windshields the water broke into tiny nano bubbles and you could not even see out the window.

Each glass was cleaned and the wipers cleaned as per instructions but bad results.

Interested to know how others are having such great results. Have those of you that say it is great, used it on their own cars.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
July 02, 2004 08:01PM
<HTML>I was very skeptical of the product until I actually used on my personal vehicles for almost a year. To give you an example: I applied Aquapel to the windshield of my new Jetta which was dleivered to me on August 27. IT has neen on there since day 1 and is still beading. This is consistant with the results my customers are having - 6-10 months of use. The trick for me is making sure the windshield is very clean first and then letting the Aquapel set up on the windshield for at least 30-60 minutes. I find when applied in this fashion I have spectacular results. I also charge $39.95 per windshield and can't keep the stuff in stock.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login