Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

fogging/yellowing of headlamp bezels

Posted by Jay Clark 
fogging/yellowing of headlamp bezels
July 07, 2004 03:36AM
<HTML>I have recently purchased a '99 Ford Explorer- Eddie Bauer, in immaculate condition. What causes and what can be done to prevent the fogging and yellowing I see on many headlamp bezels today?</HTML>

Jay A. Clark
Re: fogging/yellowing of headlamp bezels
July 08, 2004 12:35AM
<HTML>Jay, not 100 % sure but it may be caused by the suns UV rays , same way as they will eventually damage unprotected paint surfaces.

Anyone ?

Jim.</HTML>
July 08, 2004 01:07AM
<HTML>Jay,
Jim is in fact correct, the lenses on the headlights and turn lamps are yellowing from the sun... i have run across this issue several times and I have had great results by using a product called "Plexis" it is a polish and cleaner that comes in an aerosol can.

the polish and cleaner also works wonders on the plastic windows commonly found on convertible tops.</HTML>

Dennis C. Whitnall
Industrial Automotive, Inc.
July 08, 2004 02:00AM
<HTML>If you live in any of the coastal states, the salt in the air causes premature aging/yellowing of the bezels. If you live in the northern states and they use salt on the roads, it will cause the same condition.

As I mentioned in another post, I've used Janvil's plastic restoration products with terrific results. Their cleaner comes in a pump spray bottle & their polishes in squeeze type bottles.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login