Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Brian A. RE: Mytee Extractor Lemon

Posted by Eric Brandenburg 
Brian A. RE: Mytee Extractor Lemon
July 07, 2004 08:02PM
<HTML>Brian, I visited a Detailer thats opened in Kenova West Virginia this morning. I saw a large Mytee Extractor setting in the door way as I was passing by. I stopped and introduced myself,and proceeded to ask about his HP-500 Model extractor. He said that when it works, and doesn't break down its a thing of beauty. This unit was 3 years old,looks like it just came out of the box,and has had 5 pumps,and is needing a 6th, as of this writing. This time the California Manifacturers are going to replace the motor,as well as another pump. He said its had 2 heaters installed, since purchase as well. He told me that he bought it from the Auto Magic Dealer thats located in Huntington,WVA. He said that the dealer always leaves him with a loaner when making the repairs,and the factory always replaces the parts w/o question. He said the factory told him after the 3rd pump, they wanted samples of the extractor shampoo, that he was using,and he proved to them that he was using the Auto Magic Extractor Shampoo rcommended by the dealer. He also said that he gave $2000.00 for this unit,so he damn well ought to have/get good service.......Brandy!</HTML>
Re: Brian A. RE: Mytee Extractor Lemon
July 08, 2004 04:56AM
<HTML>Thanks Brandy.

For $2,000 that thing should've not broken down once in 3 years -- let alone 6 times? Cutomer service is one thing but the aggravation and inconvenience is another.

I was on the phone with the place I bopught it from and they're going to try to make it right. What I want is a new extractor, not a replacement part. Knowing my extractor was fixed twice will always bother me even though when it get fixed and runs good.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 08, 2004 11:57AM
<HTML>Brian, that was the same reaction that I had about the Mytee breaking down that many times in 3 years and I was watching sitting there dripping while he was finishing the driver side of an extended cab chevy's carpet. He showed me his paper work,and wasn't bsing about how old it was. I did think that he was getting very good customer service,but he did elude that he went to high school with the Auto Magic dealer and I was wondering if that same customer service was for everybody?? Sometimes your friends will be the 1st to screw you in a business deal if you know what I mean.. Brandy!</HTML>
July 09, 2004 04:05AM
<HTML>i have had a mytee that i bought from ecp about 3 years ago,when it does break my chemical dist fixes it.i dont know about you guys but this thing run non stop about 12 hours a day and it does require maintence.i go thought a trigger assembly about every 2 months and i flush it with cleaner every week,i have had alot less problems since i stopped putting soap in it and emptying out the calcium build up in the filter inside the unit.just my two cents.</HTML>
July 09, 2004 12:16PM
<HTML>To Dave and all the rest: Any piece of equipment when used, will break down at some point. I saw a HP-500 unit in Kenova,WVA this past week sitting in the doorway of a Detail Shop,and from the street,as well as up close it looked to be a new unit. It was in fact 3 years old,and very well cared for, along with the rest of the shop area. I was very supprised that the owner/operator has had so much problem. Its just a good thing that he has a buddie/dealer that gives him a loaner to use while down for repairs. I'm not picking on Mytee or any other Extractor Manifacturer, but I will follow some good advise that a detailer gave me in Columbus,Ohio about Hot Carpet extractors,and that was to do my home work before purchasing. There were 2 in fact that he said he would never have again. Life is full of choice/prefrence. Personally i liked the looks of the Mytee HP-500 it was a very nice looking unit,and very well made. It was probably put together on a Monday,and Brian A's machine on a Friday..... Brandy!</HTML>
Mytee Extractor Lemon Update
July 13, 2004 03:57AM
<HTML>Well today I took Mr. X to an authorized Mytee dealer/repair facility about 5 minutes away from me -- yes 5 minutes. Last time I sent it out for repair was 3,000 miles away and $38 shipping later! Rightlook tells me East Hanover and Mytee tells me Trenton, NJ (5 minutes away.)

Well anyway, I'll keep you posted on what is going on. The dealer was really cool and said Mytees warranty program sucks but I'm still under the 1 year period so I'm cool. Reason why it sucks is he has to send out the heating unit to get the OK from Mytee to replace. But the castor wheel and recovery tank strap are covered for 5 years.

A bit of a contradiction I heard from Rightlook and Mytee -- Rightlook says to use their "system maintainer" and Mytee says to use 1 qt. distilled white vinegar and 1 qt. water. Mytee is right, correct? Well Rightlook says they never would recommend the vinegar (dousche) since it could damage the gaskets and lines. Sales pitch for the cleaner? Probably.

So use my headache as a lesson -- buy and extractor from Bud/Detail Plus.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login