Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

wax-as-you-dry

Posted by Anthony Gentile 
wax-as-you-dry
July 12, 2004 02:22AM
<HTML>I recently got a sample in the mail for Wax as you dry from Eagle 1. HOw does it work? It would be great to hear feedback from others on this product. Thanks

Anthony</HTML>
Re: wax-as-you-dry
July 12, 2004 03:32AM
<HTML>If it's anything like Auto Magic's HydroShine (wax as you dry) then it should work really well for providing a smooth feeling finish and some protection. Great for weekly "maintenance details" for those in between details.

Obvously, it wouldn't compare to a real paste wax or polymer sealant.

Just a good sprucer.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 12, 2004 03:33AM
<HTML>Can you tell us a little more about how this product works? What do you mean, "wax as you dry?"

That statement leaves one to consider a number of different ways.

Regards

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 12, 2004 03:56AM
<HTML>I would love to hear more on this type of product. I've had several clients ask if they could use a spray on product. Advertisments for several brands hit the market early spring and clients think it's easy as 1-2-3 to apply. my only concern is they may scratch the finish with incorrect toweling and cause more problems than it's worth to themselves.</HTML>
July 12, 2004 05:03AM
<HTML>The lable on the EAGLE ONE brand wax-as-u-dry product states: it contains "water-reactive polymers for lasting protection".

I asked about this product in an earlier post to ketch.

Maybee you can explain to us more what "water-reactive" means exactly,and if the water on the surface of the vehicle, dilutes the polymer in this product,and in turn reducing the protection of it?

Buda....I beleive you sell a spray-wax product at that can be used on a wet surface and you claim it last 60-90 days(I think).

Would be nice to use this type of product for express details,and skip the drying process,thus saving alot of labor.....IF it really provides lasting protection for say 60-90 days. Does it?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
July 12, 2004 06:21AM
<HTML>Chris,

I use this on my brand new Jeep every weekend and never scratched it using the HydroShine with a microfiber. It's just amazing how it doesn't streak or haze.

As for 90 day protection, I doubt it.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

July 12, 2004 12:13PM
<HTML>Eagle One describes this product by saying:

"Now there is a much easier way to wax your vehicle. Wax As-U-Dry is specifically designed to wax your car as you dry it. A special blend of water-reactive polymers and waxes provides that just hand-waxed look in one simple spray-on formula that saves you time and effort.

• Easier to use than conventional waxes
- Just wash, spray on wet car and dry off. You're done!
• Spray on wet car then dry to a lustrous shine
• Adds protection with every wash
• Excellent results on dry cars, body trim, glass and wheels

1.Wash car with WET Car Wash.

2.Rinse and leave car wet.

3.Shake bottle of Wax As-U-Dry then spray sparingly onto your wet car.

4.Dry with chamois or clean towel.

Note: Only a few sprays per panel/section is necessary to provide quick wax protection and shine. In warm weather, apply Wax As-U-Dry one panel/section at a time.

For Best Results:

Eagle One recommends washing your car away from heat and direct sunlight. Apply Wax As-U-Dry in a shaded area."

I got this information at [www.eagleone.com]

I used it yesterday on a Cadillac deville and i think it did a pretty good job of protecting the finish. Thanks for all of your imput.

Anthony</HTML>
July 12, 2004 12:15PM
<HTML>One other thing they say to use a synthetic chamois and only use it to dry your car and nothing else, to prevent dirt which causes scrating.</HTML>
July 12, 2004 08:14PM
<HTML>It works GREAT! It seems that everbody that uses it likes it . Its a great product to use between waxing. You wash the car , leave wet, spray on a little and wipe dry. It makes drying a lot easer and faster. Somebody on another forum says that you can mix it with water 3 to 1 in a spray bottle and make a QD out of it, but I havent tried it yet.</HTML>
July 13, 2004 12:08AM
<HTML>MY original question still remains to be unaswered by those who truly know the answer....when used on a wet surface,can it provide lasting protection...not just a shine...but protection & durability as well....if not this product(Eagle one Wax-as-u-dry) does anybody here know of one that will last 60-90days when used on wet surface.....so far, no answers to my question? IS it diluted from surface water,thus reducing the protection time it provides? If there was a product that really did this....I'D BUY IT TODAY....and save allot of time and cut my drying process out & save on labor & increase profits.....anybody know of such a product,and willing to guarantee it does what it claims to do?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Gus
July 13, 2004 12:50AM
<HTML>The big three in this are was CarBrite, Auto Magic, and Eagle one. Of the 3..., Hydro-Shine tops the other 2. For the reasons mentioned above. I didnt use the Eagle One - its still on the shelf, but the CarBrite powders up and can leave a haze. I would never be convinced it would last 60-90 days. Since we are dealership lackeys it makes sense here. I wouldn't bet against it for 30-45 though. For what it does, and the feel/lustre it leaves good paint its a good buy for me - about $12.00 a quart.</HTML>
July 14, 2004 04:37AM
<HTML>Did some research into the "wax n' dry products. Sorry to say these are nothing but the same type of product that is used in an automatic carwash in the final rinse to make the water bead so it can be blown off by the air dryer. It does leave a little shine on the car for a day or so.

There is no durability to speak of.

And, it is cheap to buy and use. For example, I can sell you a gallon of product for $7.00 that you further dilute substantially in your wash or rinse water.

Nothing is as it seems. The short of it there are no magic products, chemicals are basic chemistry and no one company has any magic formulas. Just find a good company to deal with like Ron's and stop being Ponce de Leon, always looking for the Fountain of Youth or Fountain of Magic Chemicals. There are none.

Success in detailing comes from managing the business not being a "detail artist." No body appreciates an artist until they are dead anyway. Ask Van Gogh.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 14, 2004 06:23AM
<HTML>Gus,

Check with your Auto Magic distributor. I got 4 qts of HydroShine for $32.00.

I agree with Bud. Doubt these would offer protection but are great for using for the in between details for a quick spruce up.

Leaves the surface smooth and shiny. Reason I like it better than quick detailers is because of the wet application process. Instead of having to dry then spray down with a QD, you "wax as you dry" -- or whatever you want to call it.

Here's the HydroShine label:

Hydro Shine is a high gloss polymer spray for use on wet exterior surfaces. Provides a fast shine to clear coats, painted plastic panels, rubber side moldings and trim.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

July 14, 2004 07:35AM
<HTML>I agree....they produce a great shine....but provide very little protection in the process IF used on a "wet surface"....If used on a MOSTLY DRY surface though...(like after going through a automatic carwash air-blower dryer)some EXPRESS WAX products i've read about & advertised online, claim to last 60-90days.....IF used on A MOSTLY DRY SURFACE as described above....at least that's what I was told...but can't verify IT as fact.....have'nt tested it myself....but,just somebody's opinion it will last that long,that's all.

Wish there was a EXPRESS SPRAY WAX product that "can be used on a wet surface" and last 60-90days.....BUT I guess that's asking to much from our chemical manufacturing industry & chemist at this point and time.....maybee someday in the future,you could just wash your vehicle,then spray some type of super-concentrated polymer blended wax for durability & high-gloss shine onto a wet surface,and it would mix with surface water to provide protection WHITHOUT dilution from the excess water on the surface.That's what i'm talking about.....NO MORE DRYING NEEDED BEFORE WAXING ANYMORE! ....call me a dreamer,but I think it's possible,SOMEDAY.

Hey KETCH.....maybee that can be your next Project for a developing a new product,and make another million or two,right?

.</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 14, 2004 03:09PM
<HTML>Brian:

Why would you pay $8.00 a quart when you can get a gallon for $7.00?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 14, 2004 04:48PM
<HTML>He has to "pay" them extra for the Auto Magic brand label on the bottle....

$2 worth of product inside and $6 for the label on the bottle....thats about right for a national brand name product....Right?

Some people are willing to pay more than others,for the same quality chemicals as others offer....they think it must be better because....if it cost more,and somebody is telling me it's better,it must be better,right?

Would you pay $500 per gallon,yes I said $500per/gal. for Paint sealant? Some people in this industry charge that much for it...and I assume people are buying it....over 7 million vehicles treated with it,they claim.

WOULD you pay that much for it....is it worth it?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 14, 2004 05:25PM
<HTML>Bud,

The product your speaking of is different than what I use, I believe.

Chris, the $8 a quart is actually cheap. It sells at janitorial supply stores for $11 a qt. Plus, $8 won't break the bank.

Who sells sealant for $500 a gallon? Bet you wouldn't find a professional using it. You sure you don't mean 55 gallon drum?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

July 14, 2004 06:16PM
<HTML>Yeah i'm sure it's $500 per/gal...for the paint sealant.It was the price advertised ,that was included in my "detailer price" list from ValuGuard Warranty products for Automotive International(Ketch). Maybee,its just a typo, hopefully....I about fell off my seat when I saw the prices listed for it:

5 gal. pail...$1540.47 or case of 12(3.5 ounce)bottles.....$141.88

Did'nt recieve sample of it(paint sealant)....so can't comment on it's quality & or value to me.....just recieved some of the other ValuGuard chemicals though,for testing....and will let you know what I think about them,soon.But was curious if anybody else has used it(paint sealant)....and if they think it's worth the high-cost of it? NOT knocking the product or cost...just never seen a paint sealant priced that high....have you?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login