Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Most Detail-able car

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Most Detail-able car
July 14, 2004 06:38AM
<HTML>I plan on writing an article for some magazines on behalf of the association about the most "detailable" car for 2004.

What's your most favorite, easiest, detailer friendly car you've done this year -- which when the customer calls and say "I have a so-and-so" car, you get in a better mood? Also, post your reason why.

Mine would be the Mercedes CLK line because of the luxury feel and look to them. They're sporty yet classy -- very sexy car. Carpets clean up easily; the dirtiest set of wheels clean to mint condition and you don't have to move the seats manually -- they do it by themselves (and the headrest also moves automatically, no pushing or propping.)</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Most Detail-able car
July 14, 2004 02:19PM
<HTML>My wife's Volvo S-60. First, the fit and finish is impeccable on the car, so goo detailing shows up well. Second, a personal reward from my wife.</HTML>

Art Layton
Stamford CT
July 14, 2004 02:43PM
<HTML>Porsche GT2 Know that vehicle say sexy, 222 fast for uuuuuuuuuuuuuu very easy to clean and protect</HTML>
July 14, 2004 06:49PM
<HTML>I agree with you Brian the CLK is nice to detail and the top of the line quality interior makes for a nice detail. Its always a joy to detail a quality product. And I have read your articles in PC&D they are well written.
But I have to say the other day I did a full detail on a 2001 PT Cruiser and I think it's wide open interior and blob like exterior made for a quick and easy detail. I did a wash and wax (GEM Buffer) and shampoo in 1 hour. Its large windows and realtively small size made the exterior a snap to clean. I have detailed boats, semi's, planes, RVs and all types of cars this one was a breeze.
As for what really puts a smile on my face is when I hear the customer say on the phone " I would like to make this a weekly thing" smiling smiley</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
July 14, 2004 10:02PM
<HTML>hmmm mine are actually two...does that count? i really like the SL 55 AMG from mercedes , because there is no detail on that vehicle , which i don't like
and then there is the new range rover, it is a monster detail , for it's sheere size...but so beautyful....
see ya
michael c</HTML>
July 14, 2004 10:21PM
<HTML>2001 gmc seirra thats my fav just because i have alot of pratice on mine and no matter what condition they are in. People look at mine and they said i want my truck to look like yours.</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
JK
July 15, 2004 12:40AM
<HTML>Any Lexus. The best paint and leather bar none.</HTML>
July 15, 2004 02:11AM
<HTML>When my Jagwire customer calls, it puts a BIG smile on my face.

WHY:always tips well & is kept in mint garage kept condition....easily maintained....easy money !!!! my favorite kind.</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
July 15, 2004 03:35AM
<HTML>Along the same line of thinking as Chris, my fave would be any car that's already clean and properly maintained.

As for models, I'm partial to the Benz SL500 convertibles. As Brian pointed out, the carpet is top quality and everything else is leather, burrelwood and chrome/steel. They look so sweet when everything's done.

Also love the Dodge Vipers. They just look so Damn fine when they're done. Interior is mostly plastic (cheap) so it's real easy to clean. Plus, one of my best customers let's me pick it up & bring it back to him. Man, that car is a beast to drive!! It always turns a lot of heads when I'm driving it back to his house.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
July 15, 2004 06:40AM
<HTML>Keith,

Glad you like my writing bits. Hopefully I can continue writing on a regular basis for some magazines.

Yes, Mercedes are probably the nicest cars to detail -- check out my link to see some hot Mercedes CL-CLKs:

[www.precision-online.com] Cars Gallery p.1.htm

Anything sporty and classy I love.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 15, 2004 08:59PM
<HTML>BRIAN.....I'm thinking of submitting some INFO for articles to PC&D also, or maybee try and get them to interveiw me for my biz in an article soon as well....I'm already getting interveiwed for America's car care business magazine by Scott Hoover this week....thanks to Bud's offer to arrange that for me,with Scott.

Who is the best person to contact about that at PC&D?

Who do you deal with there? if you don't mind me asking?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
July 16, 2004 03:33AM
<HTML>I have to say I am partial to Toyota Celicas. Mine is shorter and a bit smaller than the average car, and it has no moldings or annoying panels/slants that other cars have. They look fantabulous freshly detailed! They may be a cheaper car, but they've got personality!

Anne</HTML>
July 16, 2004 12:55PM
<HTML>Yukons..sure as hell done enough of them recently. Do two or three of these a week, you can near enough stand up inside them.

Have an Escalade to do today , full of stains , coffee, red bug juice and dog hair !

Jim.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login