Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hose Nozzles

Posted by Steve Bough 
Hose Nozzles
July 14, 2004 03:57PM
<HTML>Man...it seems like we go through hose nozzles like potato chips.

I usually buy at Home Depot or Wal-Mart. I've bought 'em all from the cheap ones (around $3.00) to the most expensive they have (around $10.00) and haven't found one yet that has much durability.

I'm certainly not opposed to paying more for a nozzle that will last but not sure where to look. Any ideas?</HTML>

Re: Hose Nozzles
July 14, 2004 04:05PM
<HTML>Steve,
I found a fire hose type nozzle at Sears Hardware a few months ago. It was $30 but it will probably last me for the next 10 years or more. It is very similar to the deluxe nozzle that is sold through Griots Garage but it was far less expensive.

[www.griotsgarage.com]

Christian</HTML>
July 14, 2004 04:28PM
<HTML>WAL-MART has got the same fire-hose type nozzles now for $3....instead of $30 at sears.

Can't beat good ole' WAL-MART.....low prices, ALWAYS !</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
July 14, 2004 06:13PM
<HTML>The Wal-Mart ones for $3 are worth $3 and only LOOK like the nicer ones. The spray pattern sucks and only shut off in one direction and the components used feel so much cheaper than the $20 nozzle.

Go back to home depot and look for their $19.95 "Ultimate Hose Nozzle". It looks like Griots $70 nozzle. Shuts off in either direction (VERY NICE feature). They don't carry a whole bunch of them so you may have to look.

You can also easily find the Ultimate Hose Nozzle off google.</HTML>

David
July 14, 2004 06:17PM
<HTML>I forgot to add the Ultimate Hose Nozzle has a lifetime warranty, so if it does break they replace it. I know a guy who has had Bon-Aire honor it already with no problems.</HTML>

David
July 14, 2004 06:30PM
<HTML>Hummm...lifetime warranty...I'll definately go take a look for that one!

Thanks, guys...especially David.</HTML>

July 14, 2004 07:33PM
<HTML>Steve, I bought a hose nozzle from the Snap on Tool Man, that comes to our shop. I gave $20.00 for it. It is a "Blue Point" tool company product, who now is owned by Snap-On. My Buddie bought one in 1981 from same toolman,and the nozzle is still being used everyday at the body shop. It looks like a piece of 3/4" hose, on the end of a brass nozzle,that screws to the hose end. To operate slightly bend the hose end over, and walah! out comes the stream. I went with this one, as the body shops nozzle has held up to extremely well,and probably has been abused, as much as used over the years, cars and trucks running over it,and so on and so forth...:-) Brandy !</HTML>
July 15, 2004 05:46PM
<HTML>Steve, If you are interested, the nozzle I referred to is a Lonn Mfg. CO. INC Water Saver- Indianapolis IND. The Blue Point Number is YA-297. The Snap-On Tool Truck venders can get/sell you one. Mine cost me $20.00, and outside of crushing them with an Abrams Tank they will last a very long time. My Buddy Mark, said that he has replaced many items over his 18+ years in the Paint and Body repair,including a wife,and the Hose nozzle is still with him.....For what ever this info is worth...... Brandy</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login