Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New in the Detailing world

Posted by Ben Boudreau 
New in the Detailing world
July 16, 2004 04:47AM
<HTML>Good day!
Well after 29 years of service in the Canadian Forces I've decided to pull the plug and start my own business in car detailing, I just finished a PDR course which by the way I'm still struggling with, and and I am currently trying to perfect my skills in car detailing. I don't intent to get out of the Army for another 8 months which gives me the time to get better at what I'm doing and fine tune my business plan.

I really think this site is fantastic for a guy like me who is just starting and has millions of questions and I would like to thank all of you who contribute unselfishly with your coments and suggestions on how to succeed in the business. I know it will take time to establish myself and get a good clientel but at least now I have a better idea on how to approach the business side of it.

I curently live in Kingston On, approx 2 and 1/2 hours east of Toronto and although there seem to be alot of very good supplyer in the states, I was wondering if any of you could suggest any good supplyers in eastern Ontario? Also I intent to buy a Makita 7" variable speed buffer-polisher and I would lke to know if any of you have had any experiences or problems with that tool or if you would recommend something else.

Thanks

Biker Ben

Better to have tryed and fail than sit on your @$$ and wonder!</HTML>
Re: New in the Detailing world
July 16, 2004 05:02AM
<HTML>Ben.

When I went to Car Brite last year, a lot of the guys there were from different parts of Canada, try contacting them via www.carbrite.com, they will have the local dist contact you. I actually talked to the guy who I think does the Ontario area, young kid just starting out, cant remember his name though.

Jim.</HTML>
July 16, 2004 12:25PM
<HTML>Hello ben i,m just 25 minutes north of toronto airport
meguiars canada....800-278-4559 (in mississauga)
Auto magic is in toronto and ketch has a guy in burlington for his stuff too
Good luck!</HTML>
July 17, 2004 01:48AM
<HTML>You can find our Canadian Distributor on our website, www.autoint.com

Good luck, they sometimes forget that there is more to the business than the OEM's and new car dealerships.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
July 17, 2004 03:45AM
<HTML>Thanks guys,
I will e-mail them tonight.

Ben</HTML>
July 21, 2004 05:02AM
<HTML>the right choice on a buffer. I have been using them for the last 10 or so years. just got a new one last month - a bit diff. but getting use 2 it. You dont get the speed right off the bat but, for a (sorry) new guy it will be good. use the slow start to spred the wax. all the luck 2 you.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login