Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CONCERNING EVERYONE HERE!

Posted by LRL 
LRL
CONCERNING EVERYONE HERE!
April 22, 2002 05:27AM
I did not want to make anymore waves with Dr. Driwash so in my earlier post I stated only the positive facts about the product Driwash, one through four.These facts are true.

Application of Driwash to door panel

1. Easy to apply

2. Neat, fine spray pattern

3. Extremely easy to buff off

4. Very quick

I know that all the people on this forum greatly prize their paint finishes on their vehicle, as so do I. Many are professional detailers which are responsible for extremely high cost vehicles in their care. My conscience tells me that I must also state the negative facts about this product.

I applied this product to the door panel of an older well kept, clean vehicle. (1992 Chevy Silverado) The instructions on this product says to rub product in with moderately firm pressure. When I looked at the towel I cringed. During the rubbing I could feel the dust doing its damage.I can In all honesty say that even a very lightly dusted vehicle is not safe to use this on. This method will scratch your finish.

I really feel for the people with water shortages and I know some of you may feel you have no other choice. Where I come from the water is not rationed but I believe many will benifit from my trial of Driwash without having to mar their own automotive finish.

If you have an old fishing or hunting vehicle or an old bomb as a work car, or feel your car is not worth waxing I would say this product is for you.

Dr. Driwash, what I have stated here is the truth. I could not, in good conscience sell this product to anyone that has a vehicle of moderate value or more. My aim is not to hurt you, but I must not hurt anyone else either, for the gain of anyone. I have taken the challange, and in a rationed water state or not, it is... what it is.

I wish you well and hope that you find another product of great value that would benifit you and your customers.

Sincerly Loretta
Re: CONCERNING EVERYONE HERE!
April 22, 2002 06:18AM
Ok Loretta, now it is time to tell me exactly what you did. How did you apply the product? What kind of towels did you use? What do you mean by,"when I looked at the towel I cringed?" What did you see? Could what you have seen been dirt or even oxidized paint?

An old fishing or hunting vehicle or a old bomb eh? How about a 2.4 million dollar vehicle with a $40,000 paint job. Real classic that his won many awards around the world including the Best of Show at the Louis Voutton Concorde d'Elegance.

Ladies and gentleman who have received their sample please return the product to me. I would rather use it on my own vehicles, my friend''s blue, Bentley than taking the risk of your discarding it.

" "
LRL
April 22, 2002 06:20PM
Dennis,

I read the instructions a few times before attempting to apply. My deepest concern was to do this correctlyso as not to have damage. The conclusion I have come to is even on a clean vehicle, let's say it that has been washed two days before, like mine was, will have a small amount of dust on it that probably won't even show on the finish.

As I have said our vehicles are very well kept up. There was no oxidation present. Two white terry cloths were used for the door panel. The dust on the whole door panel collected on the surfaces of the turned cloth. I cringed when I realized that this particulate matter was being rubbed into the finish.

To keep damage to a minimum many cloths would have to used per panel of vehicle while applied, otherwise and also, the dust will be rubbed into the paint finish even if a minute amount of particulate matter is present.

If you have read the forum you would know that everyone here is always concerned about getting out microscratches, swirl marks, spider webs, etc. This product will certainly contribute to the problem.

I would suggest that this product be used only over a freshly washed vehicle but then of course that would be defeating the purpose.

Remember this forum was created to help people who love their cars and
that help can only come with honest answers.

Like I said, I wish you well, no hard feelings I hope.

LRL

READ THESE GUYS OPINIONS WHO HAVE USED DRI WASH OR HAVE A KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:

Author: Dan
Date: 03-26-02 23:47

O.K. I will do this without stepping on toes too much, any dri wash products are harmful to paint. Anybody currently using a dri wash product do this test, spray and wipe some rubbing alchohol onto your finish. What you will see are scratches all over your paint. What happends is this, everytime you use dri wash, the product is covering all of the damage your doing, the alchohol will remove all fillers reviealing what is really under their. If you want to stop using dri wash and dont own a rotary buffer, try a few coats of a glaze product followed by a sealant or wax, this will cover your scratches up, or just keep using and covering your damage with dri wash.

Author: Dan
Date: 03-28-02 21:10

I dont think that its so much to do with chemicals, its more to do with you have a delicate finish and your basically wiping dirt and grit into it with the little amount of product you are using. Any dri wash product will hide this damage, after a while you will have one scratched to hell paint job, at this point its to late to stop using a product that hides this damage, you can only do so much on a clear coated finish to correct. This is based on what Ive seen, heard, and my own common sense. I would suggest, if you do have damage and want to stop dri washing, that you cut and polish your finish, then apply a glaze to further hide your damage, then apply a sealant every couple months to hold the glaze in . What color is your SL?

Author: James
Date: 04-13-02 00:27

The reason that this high-solvent " cheaply-made yet expensive product is still around is because there are always new enthusiasts inquiring of car care products and people like this Dri-Wash distributor love to get you involved in what is basically a multi-level marketing scheme.

First, if the car is dirty you better not use Dri-Wash. Your clear is soft and you will scratch the finish if you use Dri-Wash on a dirty car. Period.

Second, if it is lightly dusty and needs a quick detail you can buy quick detail sprays by Meguiars, Mothers, Pinnacle, Eimann Fabrik, Platinum and etc.

No point in using a high solvent Dri-Wash when you can use a top quality detail spray on your paint.

"Mist and wipe" products are great. Dri-Wash products are misleading and dangerous if people actually try cleaning a dirty car. After all, isnt that why you wash a car? Because it's dirty? Cant wash a dirty car with Dri-Wash.

You need water to rinse particles away from the paint finish. The suds from a quality shampoo and a soft wash mitt with a gentle stream of water are ideal for cleaning paint.

Dont grind in dirt with Dri-Wash.

www.premiumautocare.com
April 22, 2002 08:05PM
Very well said Loretta.

Do not click my name and view my profile
April 22, 2002 08:53PM
Loretta, thank you for giving your detailed explaination of your experience. While I expect a certain type of person would be insulted or irritated by your opinion, it is highly appreciated by those of us with a desire to share diferent ideas. While I havent tried the exact same product brand that you did, I too have had a simmilar experience with "dry wash" products. I didnt use it but my Uncle did unfortunatly and the car DID show signs of scratching and swirls from the use if it. I believe your experience is one that is common with this type of product. Thanks for your honest opinion and I hope the other people who try it have greater success.

John
LRL
April 22, 2002 09:10PM
I want to thank both John Sharp and James from Premium Auto Care for having a positive reaction to my post.

My concern is for the innocent people out there who just want to take really good care of their vehicles and not for the promotion of a product that would bring disapointment and a lot of work to undo the effects of such.

LRL
April 23, 2002 01:12AM
i agree with you regarding dri wash,as i said before here,i follow two rules on my cars and on my customers cars and after being booked six weeks in advance ,seven days a week for almost two years and working for an extremely high end shop, i NEVER do anything on my cars dry or in circles and i have no complaints from them.

mike at the shine shop
LRL
April 23, 2002 02:11AM
Mike,

GREAT ADVICE!
(never do anything on a car dry or in circles)

Loretta
April 23, 2002 07:36AM
Dan,

As I tried to point out before, take the alcohol and apply to your freshly waxed, vehicle and you too will see swirls. Who are you fooling! So what if DriWash'nGuard has fillers and those fillers cover up swirl marks, isn't that what you are doing? 1,000,000 plus vehicles and not one lawsuit. Oh I know what you can do when your car gets a lite coat of dust on it, use the world famous dust mop, The California Duster with its paraffin wax. Then take a 10 power microscope that you can purchase at Radio Shack for about ten dollars and you will see scratches. Better yet, do the same thing right after you use the alcohol on your freshly compounded, polished, sealed and waxed paint.
April 23, 2002 02:43PM
scratches are taken care of by using a polishing compound
April 23, 2002 05:28PM
John,

Exactly my point! DryWash is not a wax, nor does it contain silicone or wax? It is a special polymer glaze that cleans(lite dirt and dust), polishes, seals(fills in) and protects( the special polymer glaze and UV protectants-PolyGard3).
Why won't you people admit that if one were to perform the alcohol test to a freshly waxed vehicle that one would also see scratches?
April 23, 2002 05:32PM
James,

High Solvent -deodorized kerosene to remove road tar and film. There is over 45 ingredients in this product!
April 23, 2002 07:14PM
I HONESTLY TRIED THE PRODUCT AND DID NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH IT.
I PUT IT ON MY 2002 PT CRUISER AND YOU SHOULD SEE THE LUSTER IT HAS
A SHINE AND FEEL THAT IS SO SOFT TO THE TOUCH .
IT HONESTLY LOOKS LIKE AN EXCELLENT SHOW ROOM SHINE.

THANKS DR DRI WASH IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE FREE SAMPLES SEND THEM MY WAY.

GARY
April 23, 2002 07:45PM
SORRY, BUT I TOLD IT LIKE I SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES IT DID COVER UP SOME MICRO SCRATCHES I HAD, AND IT WORKED VERY WELL. UNDERSTAND THIS IS MY OPINION NOT ANY ONE ELSES.

GARY
LRL
April 23, 2002 08:39PM
Gary,

I gracefully respect your opinion and I am honestly happy that the product works for you.

There is a person out there that really seems to be having a hard time respecting the opinion of others, and it's my hope that he learn how to do just that.

(Call it an exercise in character building.)
April 24, 2002 01:47AM
Gary,

Did you have any problem with the product at all? What color is your vehicle?
Would consider purchasing the product? By any chance, did you try it out on your wheels? It is an excellent brake dust remover! Just spray it on a towel and wipe the wheel. Turn the towel over, and buff off to a brilliant shine. Now run your finger over the surface you just cleaned. No brake dust residue!

Dr. DriWash
April 24, 2002 01:49AM
LRL.

I respect your opinion! I just don't agree with it? As Gary Raleigh what he thought of it?

dennis
April 24, 2002 03:46AM
I noticed a typo in my last post. Correct - Ask Gary

dennis

" "
April 24, 2002 10:41AM
THE COLOR IS INFERNO RED, AND I WILL TRY IT ON MY CHROME WHEELS.

I WAS AMAZED AT THE SMOOTHNESS IT HAD AND THE BRILLANT SHINE.

GARY
April 24, 2002 02:07PM
Gary,

Were you at all concerned when you turned the towel over and noticed the dirt like Loretta? Did you notice any scratches in the paint? The only reason I am asking these questions is that I want the other people who I sent a sample to not be afraid to try it. For those who are concerned, why not try it out on the underside of your hood. Give it the true test!

Dennis

" "
April 24, 2002 11:45PM
WELL IT'S JUST LIKE USING THE SPRAY DETAILER YOU GET DIRT ON THE TOWEL WHEN IT IS USED TO.
BY THE WAY I USED IT ON MY CHROME WHEELS AND I GIVE IT A DEFINATE
THUMBS UP . REALLY BRINGS OUT THE BRILLANCE OF THE CHROME.

GARY
April 27, 2002 03:42PM
Gentlemen,

Don't you want to get rid of me? All you have to do is e mail me and tell me what you liked or disliked about the product. kdglves@qwest.net If you didn't try the sample then return it to me at Kid Gloves Mobile Detailing, 9726 E. Pershing Ave., Scottsdale, AZ. 85260 I am not trying to sell anyone the product unless they specifically ask me.

Kid Gloves Mobile Detailing

" "
April 27, 2002 04:20PM
Would you please just shut up already Dr Driwash?

We are all sick and tired of your crap.

April 27, 2002 05:48PM
James,

First of all, I am not addressing you! I invested time and money and I think that those who requested the samples should live up to their part of the bargain. As far as my posting messages is concerned, I have just as much right as you do to voice my opinion. By the way, who is trying to sell product by listing premium auto care?

Why don't you send me an e mail with your phone number so we can discuss this man to man? Unless you are a secret agent or under the government protection plan.

" "
April 27, 2002 10:12PM
I concur. I think at the least everyone who wanted a sample should:

1. Try it.
2. Report back the results

I think this is only fair and not unreasonable. No one forced you to accept the offer.

Kelly
April 28, 2002 11:46AM
Dr Driwash I dont care how much you have invested. This forum isn't for your business. If you want to simply put the address of your favorite website in your signature I see nothing wrong with that.

I don't give my phone number out to psychos.

April 28, 2002 03:00PM
James,

First of all, I am not a Psycho! As far as you controlling this forum, I think not! It is Paul who controls this forum and if he says I should go then so be it.

Kid Gloves Mobile Detailing

" "
May 05, 2002 04:06PM
...well Paul? this dri-wash guy is ruining this forum!
May 10, 2002 12:28AM
ok...um...here's a new question! how do you get a sample, and what are the requirements, I'm just looking for something to try on my Mom's van, it's a 98' Astro nothing fantastic, just a Silver minivan, chrome rims, and a little melted rubber from chasing an S2000... tikibeast@hotmail.com
May 29, 2002 05:19AM
Wow.....It amazes me that people take things so personal when opinions are expressed. There are 1001 ways to maintain a vehicle. Just because someone prefers a different method, doesn't mean they are wrong or stupid!! I've seen cars 40-50 years old with original paint in mint condition, and newer cars with paint on its last leg. It depends on how the owner has decided to take car of their vehicle. Every product and method has its strong points and flaws...stick with what you feel works best for you! The point of these forums to share knowledge and help one another out, not convert the masses to one particular product or method..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login