Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mobileworks Engoine Detailing Contest Has Started!

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Mobileworks Engoine Detailing Contest Has Started!
July 24, 2004 04:13AM
<HTML>Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to inform you all that the "Engine Detailing Contest" at Mobileworks.com has started. There are some very nice engine pics up there -- especially "Engine 8" hehe :-)

So put your votes in!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Mobileworks Engoine Detailing Contest Has Started!
July 24, 2004 04:17AM
<HTML>Forgot to post the link:

[www.mobileworks.com];

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 24, 2004 02:28PM
<HTML>Brian,

I visited the site and viewed the pictures and personally I was not at all impressed with the results.

I am not saying this regarding your work, as it is by far the best, it can be clearly seen that you took your time and actually "detailed" the engine bay area. On most of the other engines they forgot to detail around the engine. Greasy paint is abundant and really distracts from the overall results.

I see by the voting results that others also agree with my judgments. Great job and hopefully this is an early "congrats" on your win.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
July 25, 2004 09:02AM
<HTML>Excellent work Brian. You definately deserve one of the top 3 spots.

Not all of my customers want to pay for an engine detail but on occasion, if I have some extra time, I will detail the engine anyway because it is so fun.

In my opinion, Japanese motors are the least fun to detail. The engine bays are an unorganized rats nest of wiring that is so unattractive. Nothing beats detailing a german car engine bay.</HTML>
<HTML>Brian,

I noticed this post over at Meguiar's Online. Looks like it's now a popularity contest. Not an engine detailing contest based on results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DETLMAN

Engine detailing contest - posted: 07-24-2004 at 03:06 PM

edit | quote | report

Mobile works is having a Detailing Contest and I have an entry. If you have a minute take a look at it an place a vote.

I would really appreciate your vote, I am #4

__________________</HTML>

July 25, 2004 01:59PM
<HTML>hmm looks like brian vs brian :-)

Frank are you saying my post on meguairs is any different that brian's on here?

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to inform you all that the "Engine Detailing Contest" at Mobileworks.com has started. There are some very nice engine pics up there -- especially "Engine 8" hehe :-)</HTML>
July 25, 2004 04:31PM
<HTML>I didn't bother submitting an entry for exactly that reason. There are many forums for detailing that most detailers will frequent and have many aquaintances there. Posts like this undermine the spirit of the contest by inviting "friendly" voters to get involved in the judging process. This contest would have been better served by having an independent judge decide the winner rather than the way it was done.</HTML>

July 26, 2004 12:33AM
<HTML>I have to agree with you Scott.

I, as you, frequent many other "detailing forums", most of are buddy oriented, not ones that promote true discussions.

Saw one where a detailer had submitted a photo and was asking their "bud's" to vote for them.

Better to have as you say, one that is "free of the friends", sort of thing.

Dan tried hard, he meant well, but, it just does not work that way.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login