Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

it's about 'leather'... or not....

Posted by michael c 
it's about 'leather'... or not....
July 25, 2004 04:28AM
<HTML>heya everyone
i got a a new 'dumb question of the week'
as leather ages , it will unfortunately wear, tear and rubb of it's color coating
now my question is...i got a vehicle with several areas where the leather is intact but the color is all rubbed of.
now is there a way to redye the leather , or is it. like i imagine just a god-aweful mess to do and if not done right, will look worse that anything else, or is it just better to get new leather upolstery and get it done once and for all...
which would be probalbly quite cost intensive
a nice weekend to you all
see ya
michael c</HTML>
Re: it's about 'leather'... or not....
July 25, 2004 05:08AM
<HTML>It would be cheaper to get it colored but you may not like the results.

It will cost more to get new leather but you will love the results.....plus you will most likely get a warranty with the new leather.

There are good re-dye guys and there are hacks. You pretty much get what you pay for in this area.

Personally I have yet to see a leather re-dye job that I would pay good money for. The leather is rough where it was colored and usually comes off or bleeds off when it is cleaned.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
July 26, 2004 12:43AM
<HTML>thanks anthony
that is pretty much what i figured...
i am just not sure if i want to put like 7 - or 800 bucks into the leather issue
does someone else got an idea?
see ya
michael c</HTML>
July 26, 2004 01:48AM
<HTML>Almost all types of leather can be successfully re colored to near original by an experienced professional leather repair person if the leather is not badly damaged.

The color should be an exact match, it will be smoooth not rough to the touch and should not peel off when cleaned as the appropriate top coat should be applied.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login