Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LEXUS SUEDE?

Posted by BG 
BG
LEXUS SUEDE?
July 27, 2004 11:05PM
<HTML>Hey guys I haven't been on in here in quite a while because I have had problems trying to figure out member name/ password.........Has anyone cleaned the suede interior of the IS300. I believe its called escaine. Im looking for a cleaner that would remove minor dirt as well as very light blue jean dye. I haven't been able to find anything online so if you guys know of anything please let me know. Also if anyone is interested I happened to pick up about 20 1 gallon bottles of zymol auto wash which Im willing to share at the price of $19.99 plus a few dollars for the shipping and handling cost...Im not a detail supplier just happened to come across this bulk buy</HTML>
Re: LEXUS SUEDE?
July 28, 2004 04:25AM
<HTML>Dye transfer from jeans is a big problem. I have located some cleaning products and procedures from my associates in the upholstery cleaning industry that might work for you.

Contact me directly

Bud Abraham
buda@detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
July 28, 2004 02:47PM
<HTML>Since this is a forum for sharing information...why not share what the procedures and products are..."instead of contact me directly"...

If the products are not available then it is an opportunity for us to purchase them thru you...</HTML>
July 28, 2004 06:03PM
<HTML>Now come on, What kind of marketing do you call that? You dam well he's going to try to sell him something form his stock.</HTML>
July 28, 2004 06:39PM
<HTML>There are a couple of reasons why I did/do that:

1. I was at home, and did not have the information at that point.

2. Many on the forum consider companies promoting their products as being in bad taste. Others see it as "guerilla marketing."

So in order to not offend anyone I ask you to contact me directly.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
July 28, 2004 10:16PM
<HTML>...good choice buda,more effective that way,in my opinion....not so obvious.....but the procedure for removing dye transfer???....that's okay to share with us here....just not the product brand name....but maybee just the chemical name used for it???? if your willing to shate that with us...whithout pushing brand names....just procedures & chemical names please!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
July 29, 2004 12:06AM
<HTML>Oh for god's sake, when will this nonsense end ..

why the hell should we not post the correct freaking name for a product. Are we to now say "I buffed with a blend of KEROSENE/MINERAL OIL/CALCINED ALUMINUM/WATER/GLYCERINE/ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS/SODIUM HYDROXIDE, and followed that with a blend of KEROSENE BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Bud, post the name of the damm product for those of us who dont have the time to call you every time you make a post, we know who you are and who you work for and what we will get when we buy from you.

If you think I am going to stop using brand names and use chemical names instead, then think again.

Why , this is just what Car Brite , Malco, 3M, Autoint, Stoners, Meguiars, Einzett, Poorboys, Zaino, Hou-1-Chem, Auto Magic, Dolphinite,AIO,Klasse,PRO,Autoglym, pay me to do.

Sheeeeeesh..is this what this forum is coming to ?

Jim. (Cranky).</HTML>
July 29, 2004 12:42AM
<HTML>Hey cranky.....Take a chill pill....and relax !

Post whatever you want,who cares what others think of your intentions...
....we all know what your selling lately,and it's not detailing chemicals....

it's....PDTA membership,right?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 29, 2004 01:07AM
<HTML>What else can they do but SELL the association?

Jim:

No offense taken. As stated, I did not have the material on the suede cleaning product at home. IT is not something we normally stock as it is a specialty item and I only take special orders for it.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 29, 2004 01:11AM
<HTML>Yes Mr Gaines, sold 75 free memberships so far, and I all have to show for it are my own expenses.</HTML>
Re: PDTA
July 29, 2004 01:41AM
<HTML>CRANKY....You did'nt SELL 75 of them if they are FREE,right?.....

.....just gave them away.....anybody can give something away for FREE....just wait until you start charging them for memberships(then see if you can convince anybody to buy it?)....and see how many of those 75 are willing to pay a annual membership due,year after year.....good luck with that!

WOW!.....that few.....75 whole people so far....sounds more like a little club to me so far,than the national detailer assoc.

Sounds to me like a waste of (your) time & (your) money so far.....and you have nothing to show for it ,in your words....

" and I all have to show for it...... are my own expenses".
Author: Jim Hammill
Date: 07-28-04 20:11

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
BG
July 29, 2004 01:43AM
<HTML>Guess I'll never get an answer huh?

Bud i'll shoot you an e- mail as I have to detail the lexus on Friday</HTML>
July 29, 2004 01:55AM
<HTML>Jim - ever hear the expression "empty kettles make a lot of noise"? I think it applies perfectly in this case. Just ignore "it" and "it" will go away. I wish I would follow my own advice sometimes....... LOL!</HTML>

July 29, 2004 01:57AM
<HTML>Just do a search on this site....all theese questions have already been answered over & over again....YOU just have to do the research work on it.....noy rely on others to post all the answers for you!

found this from the archives here:
....maybe this will help...for leather seats,not suede though...

To remove the blue dye that is already there use a leather cleaner and add some IP alcohol. Continue to add the alcohol until you get some movement of the blue dye. When it is completely gone, rinse with distilled water and dry with a air dryer and treat with the protectant.

Hope that helps See now you have another product to sell to your do it yourselfers. A leather protectant.

Regards
Bud A
buda

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 29, 2004 02:09AM
<HTML>BG,

The Escaine is a synthetic leather and should respond nicely with a foaming, water-based cleanser -- no solvents.

If mechanic's handprints/grease comes of Alcantara with this foaming cleaner than it should on leather -- same look and fell but the Escaine should be more durable.

Not sure if you can do a color transfer with heat which Bud speaks of but I'm sure he'll answer that one. Ink on suede is a tough one.

Chris, you can't criticize what Jim and I are doing. It's for the industry's hard working detailers -- not us. Jim and I won't have anything to "show" for it but we will "know inside" we did a great thing. If the free members don't wish to stay aboard once we start charging, then it's their choice.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 29, 2004 02:11AM
<HTML>Chris,

Suede is leather.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Re: Don't get me started,again !
July 29, 2004 02:24AM
<HTML>You right, scooooty boy....

.....you should have took your own advice !......and trust me, I'm here to stay as long as I want,and no matter how much you TRY to ignore me...dosen't affect me at all....I would prefer it actully,if YOU would...please ignore me(if you can?) ......your just repeating your so called "original ideas"...you said that line before....except last time,it was...."an empty DRUM makes a lot of noise"...I think?.......anyway, think of something original to say next time(if there is one?),instead of just repeating your same ole' stuff....

Brian...i'm not critizing it...just being REAL about it....glad it makes you "feel good".....hope it works out for you & others....good luck !(you'll need it)

Brian....no chit man!....suede is like a sponge though....leather(clear coated seats)...is smooth....probally a big difference in the process to remove dye from suede,I assume.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 29, 2004 02:31AM
<HTML>Mr Gaines.

Listen..

The association was formed just over 2 months ago, 75 members in that time is pretty good I would say. Did you expect every single shop in the US to sign up in that amount of time ?

In that time we have formed a partenrship with the University of Southenr Illinois Automotive Technology Department, we have started talks with a TV station to develop and produce a program promoting car care to the public. We hope that it will be a useful tool for detailers to be able to take copies to their local stations and encourage them to make a show too, giving free valuable publicity to the local detailer hosting the show. Just another way to try and help detailers make a little more money , especially during the winter months.

We are also writing an article for another non-profit org that runs a carreer counseling service, they want to high light professional detailing, we are having several members assist in this.

Our "little club" as you called it , has been interviewed for 5 magazines , and with every publication the membership grows, it is attracting professional detailers from all over the country as they see what we are trying to do, help each other to try and make things a little easier. Many were sceptical at first, and rightly so, who wants to part with ahrd earned cash ? Thats why we are having free membership to start with so we can show people what we can do.

We have technical service bulletins written and waiting verification from the Department of Automotive Technology, these bulletins are designed to help detailers do their job better, safer and maybe even quicker.

We have been in contact with ASE and I-CAR about doing some kind of training program , and it is in the works. We hope that this will help those wishing to start a career in the industry a good start.

We are working hard at obtaining group health and insurance benefits for the little guy. Most of our members are the little one man operations who have a passion for thier work, but suffer from high insurance premiums . As an association we may be able to get group benefits. It takes a lot of time and work to do this.

We do a lot of Safety work, we watch what OSHA are doing and what they are fining people for, then pass that information on to our members, helps them to reduce their liabilities and make the work place a little safer.

I could go on and on . When I said that I had nothing to show for it, I meant that I had not recieved any income from anyone for it, as you implied when you stated that all I had been selling was "memberships'

Now...what have you done for the industry recently ?

Answer the question with straight talk, not your usual waffling , but straight talk, what have you done for other people in the industry in the last two months ?

What you did was insult 75 people who have all contributed in some way. Either ideas, technical information, designing logos, searching for insurance sources, providing training information, OSHA and EPA information, all on a voulunteer basis.

You have consistently , over the last 6 months , insulted many members of this board, resorting to cheap and usually badly spelt answers, personal insults and attacks. In your time here I have yet to see you once contribute anything of value to anyone. This is a great forum, or was, but sadly it isnt moderated or I am sure you would have been history many months ago.

I for one hope the web master does something to resolve the issue before this forum dies a death.

Jim.</HTML>
Re: Don't get me started,again !
July 29, 2004 02:32AM
<HTML>79 members in 2 months is pretty damn good if you ask me. And with Ron Ketcham on board -- that's a distinctive accomplishment right there.

Cleaning ink from suede is like playing Russian roulette.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

July 29, 2004 02:33AM
<HTML>BG, my apolgies to you Sir, for what happend to your post.

Jim.</HTML>
July 29, 2004 02:48AM
<HTML>Jim, I have fallen victim to being sucked into these little "spats" with Chris but we all really need to give him what he really needs. A "time out". These work very effectively for my 4 year old nephew and since Chris shares his mental age it should work equally well for him. You said it very well - Chris contributes very little if anything at all to the forum other than being cannon fodder to rebut his idiotic and inane statements. To put it bluntly, this guy is a 2 bit hick with a small time half ass operation and isn't worth the discussion he is getting on the forum so I suggest we all just ignore him. It's what drives him nuts. Brian and you are doing a noble thing and more power to you if and when you pull it off. Don't let anyone talk down to you for what you have accomplished against great odds. Keep up the good work.</HTML>

July 29, 2004 02:58AM
<HTML>Scott, your right, I let my temper get the better of me . Just reading some of this nonsense at times gets the better of me.

I apologize for my outburst to BG and others , was unprofessional of me and it wont happen again.

Jim.</HTML>
July 29, 2004 02:58AM
<HTML>Jim and Brian,

I am extremely proud that you both started the PDTA. I'm that one man operation you referred some of us as, and collectively we can accomplish much more than I alone could do. I became a member a couple of weeks ago and have already learned alot from the PDTA. Thank you for putting this together and you can count me in for being a loyal member.</HTML>
July 29, 2004 02:59AM
<HTML>Jim and Brian--I think what you guys are doing with the PDTA is GREAT!! I for one being NEW to this industry can use all the help I can get. You two, among others, have given me some great information in helping me learn and the website is very HELPFULL.

KEEP up THE good WORK!!!</HTML>

Thanks
Mark
July 29, 2004 03:04AM
<HTML>Mark & Mark,

Thank you for the support and confidence. The PDTA is in it for the long term!

Jim, you're only human. You should see (or hear) me when I bang my head on a boat's railing or a car's pillar -- kinda funny. Luckily, noone is around when I hit my head.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

July 29, 2004 03:10AM
<HTML>Speaking of the PDTA, all we need to do is: open a P.O. Box, register with the State of New Jersey and file the paper work with the Credit Union of NJ -- then we're 100% established.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Re: relax cranky !
July 29, 2004 03:32AM
<HTML>Relax cranky....what did you have a bad day or what?,poor baby...you need to get some man,if you can?....you need to get laid !....or something!

Hope your little club works out for you,like you dream about!..Good luck!

BTW.....I've done plenty to contribute to this forum & the detailing industry as well in the past...but just mainly focus(most my time)on my biz & my customers...and don't worry so much about other people & their biz...they don't pay the bills!

....I have always shared my ideas and thoughts with many other people here,and some here have even told me...."great idea" or "good job" or "keep up the good work".....BTW..here's just a few examples of that lately:

Frank Canna
04/05/2004
10:39 h
Chris,

Just wanted to acknowledge your contributions over at the Web-Cars detailing forum.

It is easy to see why your customers would trust having their vehicles detailed by Coles County Auto Detailing.

Keep up the good work!

Author: Rod W.
Date: 07-26-04 22:33

Chris-That's a great idea!! Did you have them printed up or can you do them on your pc?

> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Bud Abraham" <buda@detailplus.com
> >
> >
> > > Chris:
> > >
> > > I will have Scott Hoover of Workhorse Publishing contact you by email.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Bud Abraham
> > >
> > > PS: Scott contact Chris Gaines he has an interesting detailing
business
> > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: "C.M.Gaines" <COLESCOUNTYAUTODETAILING@MCHSI.COM>
> > > To: "Detail Plus" <buda@detailplus.com>
> > > Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 3:22 AM
> > > Subject: Re: Buda MicroFiber Pricing: made in USA [1:20136:20261]
> > >
> > >
> > > > Yeah sure ! I'm interested in that....what magazine can you arrange
> that
> > > > for?
> > > >
> > > > Let me know !
> > > >
> > > > Thanks !
> > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > From: "Detail Plus" <buda@detailplus.com>
> > > > To: <colescountyautodetailing@mchsi.com>
> > > > Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 6:16 PM
> > > > Subject: Re: Buda MicroFiber Pricing: made in USA [1:20136:20261]
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Say, would you like one of the magazines to do a story on your
> > business?
> > > > I
> > > > > can aarrange it/
> > > > >
> > > > > Bud a

... now i'm sure some of theese opinions have changed recentally about me from theese people....if you speak in their defense or compliment them of them...they like you....if you disagree with them,they attack you....this is the normal routine that goes on here....gettin used to it by now....what a joke!

....i'm just the current person being attacked right now(by a few here) for speaking my mind on recent topics and not afraid to share my opinions....and plan on continuing to do just that....get used to it(me)!

....by the way...were all free to post our own opinions & ideas here....no matter what they may be....thats why I continue to participate here....not like other forums that control the content as they want things to be perceived....people here are free to speak their mind !

....I don't think my opinions will cause this forum to "die a death"....a little dramatic,don't you think?.....and i'm sure the webmaster will see it that way also...just take scooooties advice and ignore me,if you can?....I would love that !...and trust me your non-responses to my posts... dose NOT drive me nuts....I would actully prefer it that way.....when you see my name on a post....just ignore it if you disagree with it....don't waste your time responding to me.....i'm not buying what your selling anyway(PDTA memberships).

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 29, 2004 03:36AM
<HTML>Gaines, @!#$ off.

Jim.</HTML>
July 29, 2004 03:44AM
<HTML>Author: Jim Hammill
Date: 07-28-04 21:58

Scott, your right, I let my temper get the better of me . Just reading some of this nonsense at times gets the better of me.

I apologize for my outburst to BG and others ,

.........was unprofessional of me and it wont happen again.

Jim.

Yeah right....will it happen again?

You have no control over you emotions,do you?

Thank you.....for the kind words,but your not my type,sorry!....glad too see you finally being honest about how you really feel about me...good job!

Why can't you just ignore me?.....am I that irrestistable to you?

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
July 29, 2004 03:48AM
<HTML>Actually Chris I do, I just cant be bothered to spend any more time trying to explain anything to some one who has such a lack of intelligence.

I'm done.

You all know the other forums I post on, see you all there.

Jim.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login