Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why not Zymol?

Posted by Steve Solomon 
Why not Zymol?
April 23, 2002 05:13AM
Due to a excellent review in Consumer Reports a while back, I elected to use their wax for my new black Volvo. Being a newbie to the better products, I have nothing to compare it to. Nevertheless, I feel the results I'm getting are outstanding. Subsequently, I purchased their quick-detail spray, wheel cleaner and protectant, interior protectant, their cleaner, wash, and even their VERY soft MF towels. I know this company is relatively expensive, but this is for personal use and these products will last a long time.
So I wonder...how come Zymol products are rarely mentioned in this forum? Should I not be using them? Comments, please.
Re: Why not Zymol?
April 23, 2002 11:38AM
zymol is very good and i like the finish very much,however in my case i need something tha will last longer on my customers cars,as they seldom wax as often as i would like,also as you said the price i feel is a little high for what you get,but if you like it stay with it

good luck
mike at the shine shop
April 23, 2002 12:40PM
Steve,

If you like the Zymol & the results do please you, you might want to stick with using it. There are very many waxes on the market today & there are a lot of good ones along with favorite ones. Some people like using the Blitz wax for its durability & shine. Some others will also like 3M, Mothers, Meguiar's along with the Klasse line of fine products too.

One of my favorites is the P21S line of products, just use your best judgement as if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
April 23, 2002 01:23PM
I have used their product and was pleased how easy it was to apply and remove. However I get a little suspicious when a company makes a wax that sells up to $1,300.00 for 12 oz. Then you go into Wal-Mart and see their cleaner-wax selling for $11.99? I know you get what you pay for, but come on......I got their price list off the net, it goes something like this. (excluding the cheap stuff) $40.00......$80.00.......$299.00.....$599.00....and $1,300.00....For the top of the line you get a nice wood case for it...Impressive.....! I'll stick with my p21s for about $26.00.......as usual, just my opinion.....

April 23, 2002 02:55PM
wow! thats a prety big price jump they make there!
April 23, 2002 03:28PM
For $1,300.00 it better come with a full time guy who will detail my car on a 7x24 basis.
April 24, 2002 12:17PM
[www.nsxsc.com]

For an interesting wax test featuring Zymol, Zaino and Meguiars, cut and past this link.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login