Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Spider Webs

Posted by Mark Rogers 
Spider Webs
July 30, 2004 01:29PM
<HTML>What explanation do any of you in the dealer/carwash/detail/delivery business give a customer who blames you for spider webs in their paint. We had a vehicle that was dropped off for service 2 days ago, went through our soft touch carwash, and now the customer is blaming the carwash for the spider webs in their paint. Yeah. That's usually damage that has ocurred over time, right?</HTML>
Re: Spider Webs
July 30, 2004 06:18PM
<HTML>Mark,

It sounds like the spider webs in the paint you are talking about are something that most likely occured over time. If the soft touch carwash was causing that type of damage, why would it happen to just one vehicle? It sounds a bit suspicious to think spider web damage could happen to just one vehicle. Since I've never been faced with a problem like that, I'm not sure what explanation you should give to your customer.</HTML>

July 30, 2004 06:39PM
<HTML>Mark, my understanding is that touchless car washes use very strong soaps/detergents, this car had the spider webs before, but were possibly filled with a wax or a product containing fillers, the car wash then removed these fillers and exposed the spider webs.

Jim.</HTML>
July 31, 2004 02:03AM
<HTML>Or, Jim, the owner uses a soft wax, one that give a very short term gloss and the chemicals or other devices, took off or "marred", the "soft waxes"?

The chemicals used in most of these type of washes may not remove all the "wax", but it softens it to the point that any towel or chamious will create minor marring in the soft wax surface.

Hell, I don't know either, but would guess that the person would fit well as a poster in some of the "anal", but it is all about how pretty the label is and the smell of the product is" forum, sort of person.

If those types don't read about how great some product is in the "enthusist" magazines, they don't wish to hear about the real world of protectant chemicals, etc.

Give em a Porter Cable and some boutique products, and they are "The best detailer" in their "world", sort.

That is why there are professionals, a pro's job is to correct the many screw ups of the "I am a detaile", I even post on some forums and others listen to me" sort of person, you know the type, "I did my neighbors and my folks car".

Pro's make a lot of money off those sorts.</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login