Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AIR WAND Video

Posted by Bud Abraham 
AIR WAND Video
July 31, 2004 12:18AM
<HTML>Have had a number of forum participants ask where they can see the AIR WAND in action.

Responding to your requests there is now a video clip on the site showing the AIR WAND in action.

Go to www.detailplus.com and click on AIR WAND and click on the video clip.

This is really an absolutely fantastic device and I really urge anyone who hand washes cars to look at it and how fast it "strips" the water off the car.

I truly believe this will save carwashers and details huge amounts of time and money.

Thanks

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: AIR WAND Video
July 31, 2004 12:34AM
<HTML>No DISRESPECT but it looks like more trouble and TIME than it worth IMO</HTML>
July 31, 2004 12:39AM
<HTML>No disrespect taken, but I would like you to explain your statement about time and trouble.

This is interesting to me because you are someone who would be using this product and I need to really understand what you mean by "Time and Trouble."

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 31, 2004 12:55AM
<HTML>Okay after blowing off the vehicle you would still HAVE to come back over and dry it again with a chammy / mf [time]

The bulk of the device in question, have to worry about it not fallen back on the vehicle plus from the short video have to keep the device from the vehicle paint about 3 inches NOT worth the [trouble]

What i do is i have a small ramp to give the vehicle a slight incline so the water can drain off that my great INVENTION [if any one use it 15% PLEASE]
or some times i use a air compress that i can control more better.</HTML>
July 31, 2004 01:19AM
<HTML>I bought an Air Wand from Bud and we received it Monday or Tuesday this week. Here's my "hands-on" review...

As with any new tool (buffer, carpet extractor, steamer, etc) there is a learning curve to get the best results. We've used various techniques over the past few days to see which produced the best and quickest results.

When we received and assembled it, it did seem a bit bulky but as time went on that became a non-issue.

The AW does blow off the water as described. There may be a few areas where you'll need to go back with a microfiber...but very few. It does a good job of getting into the cracks and crevices that you just can't get to with a towel.

It has a felt cushion all along the wand so ya'd have to be pretty uncordinated to do any damage to the finish with it, after all, the wand's blowing itself away from the car...not toward it.

As far as time saving...ummm, probably some. It's certainly not a speedy process. Of course neither is towel drying. Might be a little to early to make a decision on that though. I know we're better at it and faster now than we were in the beginning.

The thing that is good is that after you pass over a panel or window (properly) it's DRY...that's for sure.

The biggest drawback I see it that the thing is extremely noisey! I went to Wal-Mart and bought some headphone hearing protectors ($8.00 per set) for the guys to wear when we're using it. Terribly loud when running in our shop.</HTML>

July 31, 2004 01:29AM
<HTML>Looks like it will only work good on slick freshly waxed surfaces.

I dont know it just looks that way.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
July 31, 2004 01:40AM
<HTML>Well, naturally, a slicker surface will blow off easier than a rougher one.

This thing says the air blows at "200 MPH". I dont have an air speed measurer (is that a word?) but I can vouch that there's a LOT of pressure coming out of the wand.

It does a great job on drying the plastic trim so many SUV's have.</HTML>

July 31, 2004 01:49AM
<HTML>Neat idea. Any tool that can speed up the washing process is a good thing. A simple solution to the water "sheeting" or "beading" is to add a rinse agent to the wash water or use a "wash & wax" car wash soap. This would aid in the water blowing off more easily.</HTML>

July 31, 2004 04:31AM
<HTML>Thanks for your comments.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 31, 2004 04:46AM
<HTML> The 6.5 hp detachable blower from ridgid deliveries 380km
I use a few different attachments including one i made myself works great!
That one is too bulky imo</HTML>
August 01, 2004 03:56AM
<HTML>I havent looked at it or tried it yet but one advantagfe would be that you are touching the paint much less and therefore greatly reducing the chances of making micro scratches in the paint.

I know this is a non issue if you are detailing the car but for car wasshes and maintenance of properly detailed vehicles it "could" be a bonus. Personally I blow the water out of the cracks anyway so if you can get even 90% of the water off and blow th e cracks at the same time there "could" be a time savings here.

Just my observatios...going to look at it now.</HTML>
August 01, 2004 04:00AM
<HTML>Ok, I looked at it and while it looks like it might be effective the video is so short its barly better than the picture to actually demonstrate the product. I would suggest at least a 1 min video showing how it would do half of a vehicle or something like that.

What is the pricing on the air wand ?</HTML>
August 01, 2004 04:27AM
<HTML>Gee...,

And I have been recommending using a leaf blower for years and have only heard it was "unprofessional" and an air compressor was the best to use..., I guess now a leaf blower is "professional" and better..., how did that all of a sudden change, LOL!!

[www.web-cars.com]

[www.web-cars.com]

Hmmm...</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
August 01, 2004 05:39AM
<HTML>Wayne:

Big difference between a leaf blower and the AIR WAND.

The blower might be the same as you might use, however the WeedEater puts out a 200 mile per hour velocity. Many are much less than that.

What is unique about the AIR WAND is the air wand. This is an aeronmically designed wand that takes the air velocity from the powerful WeedEater blower and concentrates it on the surface of the vehicle in a much different way than a typical leaf blower.

Even though the video clip is short you need to take a look at it and see how quickly and thoroughly it "strips" the water off the car.

As Steve, he bought one. Read his post.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
August 01, 2004 06:51AM
<HTML>I will check it outsmiling smiley
Thanks for the update...

May I ask how is it different before I go to the video?</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
August 01, 2004 11:07AM
<HTML>Wayne:

Thank you for taking time to visit the website.

It is different in that all the high velocity air is forced thru a small slit opening which creates high pressure which strips the water off the surface.

Most attachments for a leaf blower have a larger opening to create air volume. This is not a bad concept of moving air, but to strip water off a car quickly you would need much more volume.

The AIR WAND takes the available air and forces it thru a smaller opening creating the pressure I speak of. Not an engineer, but am told this is the difference in theories of moving air.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
August 01, 2004 06:26PM
<HTML>Bud,

I just looked at the AIR WAND Video. It looks good to me. I am sure that plenty of people will definitely find it very effective and useful. And it should be a real time saver too.

The way the AIR WAND takes the available air and forces it thru a smaller opening creating the pressure reminds me of the same principle used in the design of tunnel car wash dryers. Very innovative!</HTML>

BG
August 05, 2004 12:55AM
<HTML>Bud .... How much is the air wand and do you offer a money back guarantee if not satisfied. I think it would work great if one person was using the air wand and someone followed with a chamois to dry the remaining water.</HTML>
August 05, 2004 01:12AM
<HTML>What is the price?

I am thinking about fabricating one in the shop this weekend...,
Looks like I can "plug" the open end and make a slit the size that works best for me...,
Hmmm, do I want 1 long slit?..., a bunch of holes?... an oval?..., angled?..., decisions, decisions, LOL!!

(I like to make stuff in the shop..., great for weekend relaxingsmiling smiley</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
August 05, 2004 01:18AM
<HTML>Years ago I bought a back pak blower from the pawn shop across from me and it worked good.. I installed a foam buffing pad cut out around the hole in case it rubbed the paint at any time...I finally got tired of the noise and we gradually stopped doing just wash jobs where drying and micro scratches are a fact of life!The concept is great thou Bud!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login