Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eimann Fabrik Products

Posted by Doug Delmont 
Eimann Fabrik Products
August 07, 2004 02:47AM
<HTML> A long time ago, someone ( probably Mark Waldron ) praised Eimann Fabrik window cleaner. Another fellow asked why he'd never heard of that brand except from Mark. We can now clear that up.
Eimann Fabrik is a house brand of Classic Motoring Accessories and is sold only by them. To look at their offerings, visit www.properautocare.com . I have not yet tested any of these private label products so I can't advise as to their worth.

Doug

" Those who say their boss is stupid might be out of a job if he were any smarter "</HTML>
Re: Eimann Fabrik Products
August 07, 2004 05:59AM
<HTML>Save your money and buy a 5 gallon pail of Invisible Glass for $49. You'll love it.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
August 07, 2004 12:56PM
<HTML>Doug,

Actually the Eimann Fabrik line of products is offered at other distributers other than CMA. By the way, I'm not using the EF glass cleaner anymore. I only use the Bon Ami Glass and Surface Cleaner.</HTML>
<HTML>Brian's right. Save your money and buy Invisible Glass. You'll love it.

[www.stonersolutions.com];

August 07, 2004 01:35PM
<HTML>Eagle One makes a great glass cleaner</HTML>
<HTML>Yes, but you have to ask yourself: is it better than Stoners Invisible Glass?</HTML>

<HTML> Brian : I looked for Invisible Glass but couldn't see it anywhere ( Haha ).
Mark : I already bought the Eimann Fabrik to test on your recommendation and now you tell me Bon Ami Glass is better ? By the time I buy that stuff, you'll have switched to something else. Not to mention I have a lifetime supply of Meguiar's Detailer Line and Pro Rubbermaid to get through.
Will try Invisible Glass too sometime guys, but be patient.

Doug

" Find something you like and keep looking for something better ".</HTML>
Re: Invisible Glass - Stoner Products
August 07, 2004 02:07PM
<HTML>Doug,

I don't see me indicating that anything was better than anything else. What does it matter if I switch to something else? I didn't know my recommendations were part of a analysis you were performing on different products. I guess you are spending thousands of dollars testing all the different products everyone here uses. Good Luck!!</HTML>
<HTML> Mark: I meant that in a lighthearted way. Sorry I sounded as if I were accusing you of something. I haven't tried the Eimann stuff yet and anyway, I may try the Bon Ami. I try out a lot of products, often because someone like you recommends them. You are not responsible for my actions and I appreciate your recommendations. Again sorry my attempted playful jibe came out looking like idiotic fussing.
Doug
P.S. I will post the results of my trial of Eimann Fabrik once I open the bottle.</HTML>
August 08, 2004 03:40AM
<HTML>Good one Doug!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
August 08, 2004 11:51AM
<HTML>Thank you for the post Doug. I appreciate you taking the time to set things straight. I'm like you where I use and test lots of products. Most of the products I'm using today are from Stoner. Take Care!</HTML>
August 08, 2004 02:41PM
<HTML>I bought a Glass Test report from [www.gurureports.org]

They ranked Bon Ami #1, Clear Vue by Turtle Wax #2, & Sprayway #3.

They really liked Invisible Glass, but felt it left a slight film. I personally can't remember having any problems with it before...

The Eimann Fabrik wasn't so good on "Soiled" glass they said. They felt is rolled off dirt and wiping the product off only smeared it around.

Their biggest suggestion seemed to be to use #0000 steel wool with any glass cleaning product and they all will work well.

The report is interesting. I actually bought all three reports (Wax, Glass Cleaner, & Wheel & Tire Care).</HTML>

David
<HTML> David - Thanks for the info ! I do not have their glass report so this is interesting indeed. I have used the Turtle Wax stuff. It is good but doesn't clean bugs off of exterior windshields well. Unfortunately, I was comparing it only to Glass Plus at that time. One drawback is that Turtle Wax Glass Cleaner is only for glass and not to be used on vinyl or plastics.
Glass Plus and some others can be used to wipe incidental marks on the interior panels.
I'm trying out the Griot's Lint-Free Towels ( disposable ) and like them so far but haven't tried surgical huck towels yet. Micro is good of course.
Hmmm. I wonder if different glass cleaners work with different towels.
Ref: www.griotsgarage.com , www.properautocare.com .
I have a bad feeling about using abrasives like steel wool unless you have to. I'm told there is a brass wool that is softer. Still, if you trap dirt between the hard steel or brass and the glass, expect scratching.
Mark: All good !
Doug
" All generalizations are false ".</HTML>
<HTML>I don't know, I always had film or hazing issues with IG. Same problem even after three cans, so I stopped using it. For those who buy IG in large pail sizes I wonder if you can mimick the action of the aerosol can version by putting it in a cooking oil pump sprayer.</HTML>
August 09, 2004 02:00AM
<HTML>Doug,

Since your a Griots shopper their glass cleaner did not fair well at all. The report said they love their glass cleaning towels, but their window cleaner didn't cut grease or debris very well and left a film. They use a scale of similar to a school grade and Griot's got a C+.</HTML>

David
<HTML>Thanks David. I've used the Griot's glass cleaner and, while I didn't think it was any better than Meguiar's Detailer line, it certainly wasn't bad. The Meguiar's product is far cheaper because it is diluted 10:1 and the Griot's is used straight. I haven't done any side-by-side testing on glass cleaners.
Consumer Reports rated Glass Plus the best years ago but that was based on household use. Professional detailers need something that will dry quickly so the job takes less time.
Once I try these other products, I'll know a lot more. Note: I neglected to use distilled water to dilute my Meguiar's. Distilled is best.
Doug

" A job shared is a job halved ".</HTML>
Invisible Glass - Stoner Products
August 11, 2004 11:40PM
<HTML>I learned about Invisible Glass here, and it is the best I've tried. The glass is so friggin clear after that, I don't see how it can get any better. Didn't notice a film. I did notice the glass feeling really smooth under my microfiber, but I attributed that to being superclean. Didn't know I could buy it in bulk.

I've been gonig through cans- expensive. I am also worried about the can exploding here in the Vegas heat. How do you guys apply the bulk product? I love how the can works, but I am also down with saving money.</HTML>
<HTML>IMO:

Stoner products are good, But not Great. I use Meguiars Glass cleaner and mix with DISTILLED water as per direction and the 2 rag method one being a MF cloth I start with all the windows crack about 3 inches to clean the lips of the windows [GOOD IDEA] Then the windows are rolled back up I start with the inside first.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login